Vignan

Leo's 14 days fast another video?

18 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward hear your insights from doing complete 14 day fast. I guess it is over by now so, can we expect a video anytime? Waiting

5 hours ago, Vignan said:

I'm looking forward hear your insights from doing complete 14 day fast. I guess it is over by now so, can we expect a video anytime? Waiting

Why don't you try 14-day fast and see the results for yourself? 

Notice that second-hand experience is always less insightful than a first-hand experience. 

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

I have some commitments for few more days and after that I'll be free otherwise I will know what would happen during the fast with all those cravings. I've done 3day water fasts before

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

Notice that second-hand experience is always less insightful than a first-hand experience.

I agree with you

2 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

I am but I still want to watch Leo's video. 

It helps me with motivation. I would not be doing it if Leo didn't release the first video. Plus I enjoy watching it. 

I agree that it's less insightful than first hand experience but there are still a lot of insights in the second hand. 

8 hours ago, Vignan said:

I'm looking forward hear your insights from doing complete 14 day fast. I guess it is over by now 

I'm guessing that Leo is still in the process of repopulating his gut with healthy bacteria so we might have to wait a bit if we want the insights from the whole process. 

i don't have time to follow leo at the moment, didn't watched the blog bost.

isn't 14 days too much for a first fast?

when doing 5 days (water fast) several times, i've learned a lot and would know what to expect for a longer fast, 14 is a lot!

also people have different amount of fat stored, to fuel energy when fasting, leo seems skinny at first so i don't know if it's enough to sustain 14 days.

aiming for 14 days is good tho, even if you do half of it.

this is how it worked for me, i took some notes:

at least for 1 week : from a whole food plant based diet (no salt, no sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine, low carbs).

during the fast, i have backup in the shelve just in case, with juices & carrot juices.

the last 2 days or the slow-down (food intake) will be only soup, and then 30g of glauber's salt (on the 3rd day).
glauber's salt is diluted in 0,5L of warm water, and drink alternatively with fruit juice (because the taste is awful).

---> trip to the bathroom (purge).

after that, i'll have coconut water + water for 2 days, to avoid negative effects when entering ketosis.

now you can fast "x" days, i'd start with 5, then 7, then 10, then 14 (with at least 1 month between each).

last time i've stopped on day 5 because i was hungry, but i was feeling great.

expect ego backslash.

food intake have to start slowly after that (1 week) start with cucumber, also yeah bacterias in the guts are totally gone so i eat fermented sauerkraut.

when building up bacterias in the guts, AVOID yeast, it can cause auto-brewery syndrome.

Edited by Soulbass

4 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

after that, i'll have coconut water + water for 2 days, to avoid negative effects when entering ketosis.

How does that stop the negative effects? 

2 hours ago, Opo said:

How does that stop the negative effects? 

I don't know if that's true, potassium (and electrolytes) are meant to reduce dry tongue, headache, stiffness etc. on the 3rd day.

Now i maintain a good level of these minerals by adding seeds in my daily smoothy (sunflower, pumpkins, sesame + more importantly flax seeds for omega-3).

I think when you maintain a healthy diet for 1 week (with enough of these minerals) then you don't need to supplement during sports or when entering a fast.

Edited by Soulbass

He posted a video about the experience on his blog

"You Create Magic" 

3 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

He posted a video about the experience on his blog

The only video that pops up for me is the one on day five. 

Do you mean that? 

57 minutes ago, Opo said:

The only video that pops up for me is the one on day five. 

Do you mean that? 

Yes

"You Create Magic" 

Please be responsible and precise in what you are writing. A 14 days fast or even a 14 days water fast will kill anyone. 

1 hour ago, hyruga said:

Please be responsible and precise in what you are writing. A 14 days fast or even a 14 days water fast will kill anyone. 

Lmao come on.. 

People have done water fasts for over a year. If you're relatively healthy it's safe. 

15 hours ago, Soulbass said:

at least for 1 week : from a whole food plant based diet (no salt, no sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine, low carbs).

during the fast, i have backup in the shelve just in case, with juices & carrot juices.

the last 2 days or the slow-down (food intake) will be only soup, and then 30g of glauber's salt (on the 3rd day).
glauber's salt is diluted in 0,5L of warm water, and drink alternatively with fruit juice (because the taste is awful).

I was till in a mindset that i have to go fast straight without eating for 4-5 days then break it liquids. So beginning for long fast needs this prep?

12 hours ago, Soulbass said:

I don't know if that's true, potassium (and electrolytes) are meant to reduce dry tongue, headache, stiffness etc. on the 3rd day.

Now i maintain a good level of these minerals by adding seeds in my daily smoothy (sunflower, pumpkins, sesame + more importantly flax seeds for omega-3).

I think when you maintain a healthy diet for 1 week (with enough of these minerals) then you don't need to supplement during sports or when entering a fast.

Thank you! Is there any book / article that you recommend for further study?

@Vignan I just didn't wanted to drink "Gatorade" (owned by Coca-Cola) so I made some research (it's my assumption).

For the topic of diet, I look for Michael Greger.

Yeah, if you plan longer fast, you have to longer prep (easy in & easy out) proportionally to the time you fast.

I have never done this, but for a 14 days water fast, you want to do 1 week to slow down & 1 week to recover.

From an healthy diet, carbs is eliminated first, then solid food...

Edited by Soulbass