IAmReallyImportant

"My Partner is an Android" - What to do?

26 posts in this topic

Imagine you have had a girlfriend/boyfriend for about 10 years.

You still love this person so much. Then your partner tells you that he/she is a android robot and cuts off a finger to prove it. There are wires and stuff.

How would you feel?
Do you think that only the experience is important and not the truth?

For me the truth is more important, maybe that is because of the believe, love comes from someone else. However, I am not sure how to think about the issue, if it is important that the partner does really love you or not.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

This is a good philosphical question. Do you really love the person, or do you love the impression of a person? Was it just your fantasy you loved all along? Could you keep on loving an android with one less finger? Questions. Can you keep on loving a person even if they change? Can you keep on loving a person even if an unpalatable truth comes out? How do you know if a person really loves you? Is it just behaviour or does there have to be intent? How do you know someone's intent?

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

I think it is more than just philosophical. The answer has to do with like believes inside oneself and maybe it will reveal something.

I will answer your questions

• Can you keep on loving a person even if they change?
    • I couldn't keep being in a relationship, because I have preferences on what I want to create. But maybe I could love
  • Can you keep on loving a person even if an unpalatable truth comes out?
    • Experience says it is really hard regarding to be cheated.
      • other things I would be able to let go, if this wouldn't reveal something the person cannot be trusted anymore or this would change the initial intention of the relationship too strong.
    • I couldn't stay in a relationship, if trust would be no more available.
  • How do you know if a person really loves you?
    • What somehow resonates with me, is that love always comes from myself and you cannot every know what a person feels or thinks.
  • Is it just behaviour or does there have to be intent?
    • For me there is only imagination which morphes reality.
  • How do you know someone's intent?
    • You can approximate an answer, but an intent would imply there is some other being, which cannot ever be known.

Now what I think is really interesting for me is your answer and the ones from others about

• If you are really honest to yourself, how do you see this stuff?
    • Does love come from some other person?
    • Can a person ever provide you with love?

I don't know it is somehow like a mindfuck. It feels like love comes from myself but when I am around with people there is maybe some misunderstanding that it comes from others.

It seems to me this is also related to polyamourism.

Left means not right

Good contemplations.

31 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

I don't know it is somehow like a mindfuck. It feels like love comes from myself but when I am around with people there is maybe some misunderstanding that it comes from others.

I wouldn't say misunderstanding, just perspective. Love isn't given, it is love within yourself that is triggered or reflected by others. But that doesn't make it any less or fake. What more beatiful thing is there than to set off love inside another person?

I would feel like a fool for not noticing they were a robot.  I don’t think I could continue the sexual relationship after finding out.  
I would still want to stay friends though, having a robot friend would be cool and clearly we had been through a lot together. 

@intotheblack have a read of Machines Like Me (Ian McEwan). It's a about a couple and an affair with an android.

On 25/03/2021 at 6:57 PM, intotheblack said:

I would feel like a fool for not noticing they were a robot.  I don’t think I could continue the sexual relationship after finding out.  
I would still want to stay friends though, having a robot friend would be cool and clearly we had been through a lot together. 

Reminds me somehow on this couple of friends

If you know your partner is an android, maybe you could hack it and then it does whatever you want x D 

Left means not right

On 27/03/2021 at 5:39 PM, IAmReallyImportant said:

If you know your partner is an android, maybe you could hack it and then it does whatever you want

How is that different form a conventional relationship with a human? O.o

13 hours ago, LastThursday said:

How is that different form a conventional relationship with a human? O.o

You can not literally press a button so that your partner is silent e.g. . Or remote control, instant personality changes etc. .

Left means not right

UGH!!! I hate it when that happens.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I would certainly be alarmed. However, it's a bias in the human mind to prefer humans over androids, well, because we're human. I think if I still felt as if the oxytocin generated by the relationship remained in the same range after my initial shock, I would find coping strategies and endeavour to ultimately still be with that "person" that you have come to know and love. 

9 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

@IAmReallyImportant please fill in the the following short form: I am a ___ looking for a ___, and I wish to know the gender specific control button for my potential new partner (you agree to terms and conditions ⬜. Warning: accessing your partner button without prior consent will void warranty.).

Do you wish to purchase optional extras such a PlayStation controller integration?

I have written that if your partner is a robot you could hack her. But not that I actually want this. Would be boring xD

Left means not right

48 minutes ago, Ponder said:

I think if I still felt as if the oxytocin generated by the relationship remained in the same range after my initial shock, I would find coping strategies and endeavour to ultimately still be with that "person" that you have come to know and love. 

If you needed coping mechanisms how could the oxytocin still remain the same?

And why wouldn't you switch the partner? It would be easier and your partner wouldn't be hurt, because it is an android.

Left means not right

On 3/25/2021 at 1:19 PM, IAmReallyImportant said:

I think it is more than just philosophical. The answer has to do with like believes inside oneself and maybe it will reveal something.

"the answer has to do with like believes inside oneself and maybe it will reveal something" = Phenomenology = Branch of Philosophy :) 

2270232_orig.jpg

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Belief -> human = sac of blood

Reality -> human = sac of wires

If that changes anything for you, id consider that a form of racism. 

"Id never date androids, its wrong" 

"Id never date blacks, its wrong"  

Before knowing "da truth" you where 100% convinced they where human. Because they are human, androids are humans to. 

Can we expand our horizons for the word human? How inclusive can this word become?  Where do we draw the line? Why draw a line? What if there are no lines? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Depends if the android is scripted or acting spontaneously.

2 hours ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

I have written that if your partner is a robot you could hack her.

xD this is some hentai grade shit. 

I'm very sure that there is a big market for this unfortunately(?) 

It depends from how good the AI is and what we believe about love(?) 

8 hours ago, integral said:

"the answer has to do with like believes inside oneself and maybe it will reveal something" = Phenomenology = Branch of Philosophy :) 

Philosophing is just thoughts, inner work is not about thoughts. It is about feelings. You are just stuck in interpretations, that is why you don't get it.

6 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

It depends from how good the AI is and what we believe about love(?) 

yes and maybe you can look inside and see where loves really comes from

Left means not right

6 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

I'm very sure that there is a big market for this unfortunately(?) 

Currently it would be too expensive, maybe in the future.

It would be just funny at the beginning, if you found out your partner is an android and now in the case of a dispute you have the power, like a man is supposed to have : P And finally, you can let her do what you want and press silent, if she is overreacting again etc. . But this would become boring at time I think.

Left means not right