GreenLight

My dogs are going to die

14 posts in this topic

Technically they are not mine but i have taken care of them so much so they feel like mine. It feels horrible that these innocent animals are going to be killed just so the government could prove their point. What is worst there is nothing I can do. I feel helpless in the wait for their decision and useless that i cannot figure out anything that would change the situation.

Sorry to hear about that. Life can be painful when government interferes with everything.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Do you work at a animal shelter? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Sounds like the only solution is total acceptance and surrender.

Let the pain be there. It’s okay.

11 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Sorry to hear about that. Life can be painful when government interferes with everything.. 

6 hours ago, Arzola said:

Sounds like the only solution is total acceptance and surrender.

Let the pain be there. It’s okay.

Thanks, there is nothing I can do but accept it.

7 hours ago, integral said:

Do you work at a animal shelter? 

My relative has a Kennel. In which the dogs are born and vaccinated here and the registration , chips and passports are made in a foreign country (her home). The customs are accusing her of smuggling the animals and threaten to jail her  and euthanize the dogs cause they were "transported here illegally". There are plenty of evidence to the contrary but because they got foreign documents it is enough evidence for them to make this accusation. It feels so surreal and insane how aggressive they are to prove this point. Killing innocent animals with the taxpayers money ain't right.

@GreenLight they want to kill animals because they think they were brought illegally? 

So the animal has to die in their eyes for no fault of its own?

How is that humanitarian? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

10 hours ago, GreenLight said:

My relative has a Kennel. In which the dogs are born and vaccinated here and the registration , chips and passports are made in a foreign country (her home). The customs are accusing her of smuggling the animals and threaten to jail her  and euthanize the dogs cause they were "transported here illegally". There are plenty of evidence to the contrary but because they got foreign documents it is enough evidence for them to make this accusation. It feels so surreal and insane how aggressive they are to prove this point. Killing innocent animals with the taxpayers money ain't right.

Yo that's fucked up! I already find the notion of "illegal" immigrants backwards, even if I understand some of the points being made, but DOGS? DOGS?? How can you kill a dog if it didn't do anything? It's not like the dogs had some evil fucking plan to cross the border in order to destabilize the local government so that their dog overlords could take over the country.

Where are you from by the way? Like I am genuinely shocked that a country has no better solution to deal with "illegal dogs" (what a stupid thing to say) than to euthanize them...

beep boop

6 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@GreenLight they want to kill animals because they think they were brought illegally? 

So the animal has to die in their eyes for no fault of its own?

How is that humanitarian? 

55 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Yo that's fucked up! I already find the notion of "illegal" immigrants backwards, even if I understand some of the points being made, but DOGS? DOGS?? How can you kill a dog if it didn't do anything? It's not like the dogs had some evil fucking plan to cross the border in order to destabilize the local government so that their dog overlords could take over the country.

Where are you from by the way? Like I am genuinely shocked that a country has no better solution to deal with "illegal dogs" (what a stupid thing to say) than to euthanize them...

I live in european country bordering with Russia. They seem to think that they are brought from there. The thing is that Russia is a high risk rabies country. So they are in a quarantine at this moment. They gave 3 options in this case:

1. "To bring back the dogs to the country of origin". This is not possible as the Russian border will not allow them through. So they will possibly be stuck between two borders.
  2. . "Quarantine them for 6 months at a animal shelter". There is no such animal shelter that will approve dogs that could have rabies in this country.
  3.  " Put them to sleep" 

I understand that the government protects against these types of diseases. I do not understand why they have not seen all their vaccinations against these diseases in their animal passports. 

A loophole here is to play along and prove that these animals have been here atleast 6 months . So they are going to receive a letter from the dogs veterinarien about this.

1 hour ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@GreenLight Take it to the press.

This is also in my mind. The owner is in contact with a journalist.  However, this story is a bit complex but it is worth a try.

@GreenLight I hope the dogs will stay alive. It is unjust and horrible how government is treatening to kill them. I think you are living in one of the Baltic countries so i am not surprised about that. Please, if you or somebody else can go to the press to tell the story. Maybe that will save their lives. 

Thanks for the support. The food agency said yesterday that they are closing the case for their part.They will not decide to put them in quarantine, send them "back",  or kill them, Althoug they are not letting go the idea that they are imported. The only reason they stay alive is that the Veterinarian had evidence that they stayed over 6 months in this country. That is the timeframe for a quarantine.  So now they are free, and the owner decided to sell and give away most of them. Now it is only the Custom agency and Regional state Administrative Agency to decide. I do not know what they can do for pets but i heard that Police can  kill farm animals on the spot with guns if they do not have vaccines for a specific disease. It is very serious issue to hold any disease away from this country , so they will not hesitate  to apply this force if they got an order. That is why the owner decided to sell/give them away for their own safety .

The reason they are suspected to be imported is that they are registered in Russia. Some of the dogs papper work went by mail from Russia to this country as usual but was seized by the customs.  So they just suspected that these dogs most be born and imported here illegally from Russian if they are registered there. It is allowed to register dogs abroad.

There is plenty of evidence to the contrary, my brother even laughs at them as he thinks there is zero proof for their bias. 

But appearantly the registration pappers are enough evidence. That why The food agency almost got them killed.

Edited by GreenLight

@GreenLight  Sending some love. This makes me think of my beloved Truth and Poppy (didn't name the second one but it suits her she was so sensitive). Both labrador cross breeds. 

In fact I'm going to take a 7 day break from this site just to honour them and your experiences here as well. Wishing you all the best. 

What do you all think about owning pets in general? I see many dog owners who are very strict with their dogs. For me, I would rather not have a dog at all, then having to "tame" it.