isabel

what does this quote by eckhart tolle mean when related to abuse?

25 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is shadow work 101.

Basically the child's mistake (now that's he's an adult) is to disown the fact that being abusive is not just a thing "others" do, but that he is also capable of it. By realizing that being abusive is also a part of him, he can integrate it and heal. Otherwise he will forever be resentful because he feels that abuse should not have happened to him because he would never do such a thing himself. But the truth is that he would do such a thing himself if he was placed in that situation.

At an even deeper level he can become conscious that all the abuse that exists in the Universe is literally his own self.

With deep enough consciousness you will realize that whoever abused you, was actually your own self! So you abused yourself. And when you realize that, you can forgive yourself, accept yourself, and heal.

Try to fathom this: you literally ARE every rapist in the world who has ever lived. Rape is not something some "other" "bad guys" do. Rape itself is construction of your own Universal Mind. When you realize this, you stop disowning rape, and you accept yourself as a rapist (even if your human body has never raped anyone). It doesn't matter what your human avatar did or didn't do. Once you realize you are the whole Universe, anything that occurs in the Universe is part of you. Since your true identity is Infinity, that means you are a rapist.

If you are God, and God is Everything, then God is rape, and you are rape.

A bitter pill to swallow ;)

But should you swallow it, you will become Whole.

What parts of yourself are you disowning? Hint: everything that you consider "not-me".

“There is no crime of which I do not deem myself capable.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Once you realize your ego is capable of these things, you have the ability to choose rather than obey the conditioned mind.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Basically the child's mistake (now that's he's an adult) is to disown the fact that being abusive is not just a thing "others" do, but that he is also capable of it. By realizing that being abusive is also a part of him, he can integrate it and heal. Otherwise he will forever be resentful because he feels that abuse should not have happened to him because he would never do such a thing himself. But the truth is that he would do such a thing himself if he was placed in that situation.

Thx, another valuable insight

5 hours ago, Rilles said:

Out of the 200-300 upcoming videos someday youll get one. ;) Lets just hope its not video 299...

Sure, the sooner the better, as i can't wait to get triggered and throw my phone into the wall!

@Leo Gura thanks leo, my parent's human avatar didn't come equipped with a conscience but mine did, so mine literally cannot rise to the same levels of abuse that hers can

but I can totally see that if "I" were using her avatar, then I would do everything exactly as "she" does

so when you say "Basically the child's mistake (now that's he's an adult) is to disown the fact that being abusive is not just a thing "others" do, but that he is also capable of it."

you're not saying that I as the human/ego that I think I am is capable of it, you're saying that I, as my parent, am capable of it

and if I were using a rapist's avatar then I would be capable of rape, and so on? 

is that right or no?

btw thank you to everyone who has answered, I have read all of them at least 3 times now and it is helping me