Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOTintoxicated

Feedback on whether my new diet is viable.

13 posts in this topic

My whole life I've eaten shit-tier junk food. The other day I had 2 large pizza slices, fries, a bacon burrito, barbeque ribs, and a chocolate chip muffin for one meal (just to give you an idea).

I just made Leo's "Super Healthy Vegetable Soup" and it was actually pretty good. I also had a fruit smoothie, salmon with salty flavory marinade, along with salted pistachio nuts. Leo's "How to shop for healthy foods" video didn't mention fish, at least I don't recall, nor did it mention pistachio nuts. I feel like I could eat this every day from now on, but oddly enough I felt a sort of fatigue as I was eating this food. It seemed a bit worse than the fatigue I get after eating junk food, which seemed odd (but didn't last quite as long, I felt fine after an hour). 

It's obviously better than what I'd been eating, but I'm hoping someone can confirm that it's fine having pistachios and salmon everyday along with my new healthy soup & smoothies.

@Arcangelo Curious whether it's best to just give up all meats, and salted nuts. It was odd that I experienced a worse fatigue from eating this. Maybe my body is just used to processing garbage foods. I'd swear if I had eaten pizza I wouldn't have noticed the immediate fatigue I got.

I would avoid any types of salted nuts because they are always also roasted and roasted nuts with salt are just pure junk food. The salmon is alright

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Salmon is very good. 

But no to roasted or salty nuts.

Just eat fresh nuts. A small a cup for breakfast. 

You could try Walnuts. Pista, cashew, Hazelnuts and almonds. 

Personally I prefer unsalted cashews. They are not only delicious but also give me a boost of energy. 

Since I'm vegan, I don't eat any meat. 

Since you're not vegan, you could try healthy meat options. 

Don't eat barbecue style options or butter fried streak and all that. Just pure cooked meat in marinade. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

From what I have looked into the large fish contain a lot more heavy metals and toxins. Fish wish you want to eat smaller ones that give a lot of the benefits. Or better yet you could eat what those bottom feeders would eat like spirulina and algae. There is still nutrients in those larger fish. If you do decide to go with them, then I would make sure they are wild caught and not farmed fish. 

A big problem with fish now too is how much plastic is in the ocean. I had seen something recently saying by 2050 there will likely be more weight in plastic, then the weight of actual aquatic life in the oceans. This plastic gets broken down into little chunks called micro plastics. This gets loaded into these fishes and other aquatic life, then ends up in you. 

@NOTintoxicated  No Salmon is fatty and full of heavy metal and sh*t. 

If you want to eat good, then its not what you eat so much, its more what is the quality of this food

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

give up the meat and dairy bro, your time has come to do the right decision.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:20 PM, ilja said:

give up the meat and dairy bro, your time has come to do the right decision.

I can give up dairy but it doesn't seem possible to have a satisfying meal without any meat whatsoever. I won't feel full otherwise. There has to be something healthy out there.

@UDT @Average Investor @Preety_India Seems like im getting mixed responses on the salmon. I need healthy meat of some kind or I won't feel full.

I'm also looking for an alternative to wheat bread, so I got rye bread today, but it was so nasty I just ate my eggs and sliced turkey out of the rye bread sandwhich I made it in and threw away the bread.

Really hoping somebody has alternatives for bread and meat because I need a little more variety or I imagine I'll soon give up the diet altogether unfortunately. 

@NOTintoxicated You're probably much better off eating that opposed to the junk food. 

https://www.amazon.com/150-Healthiest-Foods-Earth-Surprising/dp/1592332285/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=150+healthiest+foods&qid=1616777369&sr=8-3

Grab this book and use it as a resource to pick quality ones. Very easy read and great for food ideas. Also, the book is like $4 shipped on ebay. 

Edited by Average Investor

The best way to know when it comes to Diet is checking with a Dietician, there are many people with underlying conditions so that their salt, sugar, and fat intake should be limited. It is better to have a health checkup and then change your diet plan. 

Just my opinion:)