Jaccobtw

Should I get 'The Game' by Neil Straus?

16 posts in this topic

Hi. I want to talk to girls but I also don't want to be a manipulative pick up artist. Should I still consider learning pick up techniques? If so, should I read 'The Game' by Neil Straus? Any other books or videos you recommend?

Thank you 

I think "The Game" is a bit outdated. 

Read "The Rational Male" by Rollo Tomassi. It's a not a pick-up book but more about inter-gender dynamics. 

It's better to just learn by yourself by approaching. Or watch videos by Todd or some RSD member. 

Yeah, reading the Game to learn about pickup is like reading Freud to learn about modern psychology. It can show you where it came from, but has nothing to do with where it currently is. Pickup has evolved past that in a lot of ways. Are there still elements that are like that? Yes absolutely, but the bleeding edge of pickup has begun emerging into Stage Green. If I were you, I'd stick with Todd Valentine or Real Social Dynamics like the other person said. 

I would recommend against Rollo Tomassi though. It's certainly an interesting perspective and one that should be taken in, but there is a lot of resentment in that man's books. If you're not equipped with enough healthy experiences with women, it can easily corrupt your view of women. That's just my opinion. 

Edited by Elevated

@Jaccobtw Dude just go to Youtube and search "How to attract women" and start form there. From personal experience, as a newbie it is impossible to learn how to get good with girls without being manipulative, you just have to be conscious of the fact that your going to be manipulative in the beginning and understand as you get better you can become more authentic. 

15 hours ago, assx95 said:

I think "The Game" is a bit outdated. 

Read "The Rational Male" by Rollo Tomassi. It's a not a pick-up book but more about inter-gender dynamics. 

It's better to just learn by yourself by approaching. Or watch videos by Todd or some RSD member. 

NO.

Rollo Tomassi's stuff is highly toxic and will send you down a dark and sad path. DON'T buy into that shit.

Instead, here's some good sources for pickup and masculine-feminine relating:

• David Deida - The Way of The Superior Man
  • Mark Manson - Models
  • RSD is pretty good, especially Owen

All you need ;)

I've read "The Game". It's more of a memoir of somebody who got involved in the cringy pickup scene when it was just starting out, and all about tricks and gambits. Entertaining read, but not the way to go to learn to authentically attract women.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Bando So you just watch videos and read random articles? Isn't that kinda scattered? I understand you learn as you go, but I'll probably need a catalog of techniques and what to expect otherwise I'm just ungrounded and all over the place. Be yourself can only go so far. I need navigation.

@Jaccobtw If you're willing to spend some money, or...search around a bit, you can find courses online. 

I recommend:

1. RSD Julien's Pimp
  2. RSD Derek's 10 Commandments of Game

Those are probably the only two courses you'd ever need to get an idea of what game is actually about. After that, you'd have a solid foundations on how to branch off. As you get better, you also get better at identifying specific sticking points. When you identify that sticking point, you can search on youtube or google for a video on getting past that sticking point. You should be taking a lot of action. 

My major recommendation though, is to buy a bootcamp. Go out with one of the RSD instructors once they start doing them again, and get someone who is a master to watch you in the field. Then go out and practice a lot on your own based on what they tell you to work on, and from those programs. Then get another bootcamp and have them redirect you. If you go out consistently for a year and have a couple bootcamps during that time, the amount of progress you'll make will blow your mind.

Please, if you do anything, just get a coach, go out consistently, and APPROACH. 

RSD is garbage, follow them if you wanna become a clown.

"The Game" is a cool book to read for entertainment, to learn the story behind the pick-up scene, it's not a manual.

The only good product I have seen from RSD is RSD Max's The Natural. Funny, full of information and hours of infield footage, too.

After watching the first-half of the course I have been able to manage to kiss and more for the first time in my life with a 9/10 girl, no problemo. Totally recommended.

Todd Valentine is great, offers more toned-down, introvert-friendly approach to pick-up.

I would recommend Max to extroverts and Todd to introverts, or maybe even the other way around if you feel like you are too extraverted/introverted to balance things out.

Edited by Girzo

12 hours ago, Elevated said:

@Jaccobtw If you're willing to spend some money, or...search around a bit, you can find courses online. 

I recommend:

1. RSD Derek's 10 Commandments of Game

OMG man, dont do that for yourself. I took it for free and its not worth it.

II read it in high school. It's a waste of time. Just go out and talk to people. If you see an attractive woman, your feet should be moving. Get the pickup phase behind you as fast as possible so you can get rid of any insecurity you have -- so you know that if a girl leaves you, you have the skills to compile a new hookup rotation in 1 week...

On 3/25/2021 at 4:03 AM, vladorion said:

RSD is garbage, follow them if you wanna become a clown.

agreed, dated goofy crap for the most part that grifted off a lot of insecure men 

David Deida - The Way of The Superior Man (book)

Mark Manson - Models (book)

The Natural Lifestyles (youtube)

The Fearless Man (youtube)

@Jaccobtw Don't do pick up anymore went through a heavy pickup phase about 2 years ago to properly learn attraction and get hotter girls, got great results, got tired of the limitations of the community and focused on other aspects in my life.

Yes you will struggle your way through getting better at pick up, there is no "system" or one product or teacher that you can use that will solve your dating issues, at the end of the day your reference experience will be your best teacher no matter whose advice you follow. You must study different teachers and splice together their best techniques into something of your own. This involves being heavy into the community to get these good insights. Pick up is one of those skills that have such a high learning curve because of the amount of iterations it takes to take good. 

In a nutshell this is the path I took

1.  Started off with YouTube watched a bunch of teachers on the subject and used my intuition on which teacher felt best for me.

2. Approached a shit ton of girls and applied those teachings, some worked others failed

3. Joined a dating forum to talk about my field reports and get criticism from others who were doing pick up as well 

4. Found friends in my area who could go out with me to practice game, (approached even more girls) 

5. Did a bootcamp with some PUA vets (this one skyrocketed my results but I was already 1 year deep)

6. Relied on teachers less and less as I started to create my own believes on dating and attraction that worked very well for me 

7. Ended up leaving the community as I felt I've developed a deep core understanding of how the game works and went to improve other aspects of my life

On 3/24/2021 at 9:55 AM, Jaccobtw said:

Hi. I want to talk to girls but I also don't want to be a manipulative pick up artist. Should I still consider learning pick up techniques? If so, should I read 'The Game' by Neil Straus? Any other books or videos you recommend?

Thank you 

Yes you should, it will make you inspired,