Ethan1

Any one interested in doing concept mapping or mind mapping together?

23 posts in this topic

I've been using a mind mapping tool called Mindomo Premium. I wouldn't mind getting mindomo professional to invite a couple people to construct maps.

I figured it would be interesting to collaborate with someone to create concept maps or mind maps on certain topics. A whole different visual level of contemplation.

I'm open for ideas and topics to discuss. 

Currently been mind mapping about the following topics:

- Habits

- Beliefs  https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/5cd9576a6f3b1f5789a2736dc9f3ed6d

- Complex Trauma

- Energy

Edited by Ethan1

Any one that wants to join in on a collaborative mind map let me know. 

Open for new topics to discuss and build visual maps together. I have access to the Professional version so it allows up to 5 people to access a map at once without having to create an account.

I'd like to join! I'm a HUGE fan of mindmaps, they're my primary tool as a designer.

I've never used Mindomo, will check it out. 

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Oliver Saavedra Sweet! Mindomo is one of the best one's that I'm aware of. It's fairly easy to use. Guest access should have all the premium tools too which is nice. I've been playing around with it for a few years.

I'd be interested in hearing what ideas you have in mind to collaborate.

Edited by Ethan1

That's some major work! Wish you the best of luck.
A meta-analysis really important to analyze beliefs is content vs structure. Here's Leo's vid about it: 

@Barbara It's really not that much work once you get the hang of creating maps. I did this map below while watching the video. Whats hard work is coming up with new ideas and stepping outside the box. Thinking for one's self & one's own biases. 

Yeah, I see how being able to go meta is important! Thanks for sending the video! I actually created a mindmap while I was watching it. Still have about half the video to watch.
 https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/1ee6e49b437e4bc7891c1931b52efbf3

• Not being to rigid in thinking.. 
  • Bringing out a playfulness to thinking.. 
  • Allowing different ways of seeing things is important + being multi-perspectival and zooming out to see the big picture.
  • Seeing the trees and the forest for what they are. Not for how we want to see things to be. 
  • Asking the right questions really helps to break apart paradigm locks. 

Welcome to edit the mindmap if you feel there's something I messed up on or should be added. Thanks again!

Edited by Ethan1

@Ethan1 Check Coggle.it its what i've been using these years, i also do it on adobe illustrator for total creative freedom. Mostly i like doing them on paper, i feel my brain registers the data more. 

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Oliver Saavedra I played around with Coggle once a few years ago. I ended up using Mindomo bc it seemed more fluid with how things worked. The ability to drag and drop was helpful. Seemed easier for me to create mind maps too. I'll have to double check Coggle and compare the differences to see what fits.

I'm all about doing collaborative work!

I went to homedepot once a while back and purchased huge sheets of whiteboard to do creative thinking. Having a room full of whiteboards to Mindmap ideas on the wall. However, bringing together groups of different people I think adds to new ideas and ways of seeing things.

Edited by Ethan1

@Ethan1 Wow that's really cool of you! Actually think the content vs structure is really important for the mapping itself, to categorize things in a meta way. 
Are you using any logic for the first tier of blocks, that are linked directly with the center? Or the idea is like doing a visual notepad?

@Barbara Thanks! I'm just going clockwise around the video in the center. Watching while typing in new topics. If he continues to go down a line of thought I just create new topics. 

Yeah, pretty much like a big visual notepad/workshop

Yeah, they are all linked to the center but it's easily disconnected and rearranged. 

You can edit it as you like too if you want. I probably messed up on a few of them because I was distracted while typing. I see it no different than typing out in like a word document. Pressing enter creates new topics. Tab button goes further down to sub topics. Cool thing is the link is easily sharable and anyone can edit. Reminds me of like google docs where multiple people can type in the same word document together.

What I really like is the ability to go to google images and drag the images to the mind map with ease. Helps add visually. Making the ability to do deep thinking more entertaining and fun.

Edited by Ethan1

@Ethan1 That's great. I have the idea that once you finish the notes, it would be easier to navigate through the map if there was an organization of some sort. But I've never done anything like this, so don't really know how it works :)
I'm giving a look, would like to help you, but have to rewatch the video maybe, since from what I see you're focusing more on the examples that Leo gives, no?

@Barbara I agree, it's way easier to rearrange the final notes to make it appear more organized. I kinda started it off in a disorganized way by just doing a rough draft. 

Especially the mind map about beliefs. That's a pretty chaotic map that has zero structure. I just aimlessly started spitting out ideas. Free association style thinking I guess you could say. For a more pragmatic style of thinking it could be in stages to create order. 

Pretty simple! ? It's kinda like a sandbox for thinking. Has a small learning curve to get the hang of it. Kinda like typing for the first time but in a different way. Luckly the video is in the center of the map so that kinda helps I guess. 

Basically I can create unlimited amount of maps and it gives you free access to them. With an actual account I believe free accounts only get access to 3 mind maps. So there's like a pay wall.  

Could focus on Leo's videos and have ideas structured around the videos. Then create a segment for new thinking to add on to the current video. 

I'm kinda about just free association and finding certain topics and connecting the dots. 

Or could create a mind map for coming up with mind maps. 

Edited by Ethan1

@Ethan1 sounds nice :) another great source for mind maps might be spiral dynamics and cook-greuter’s work! 

@Barbara I really like that idea!! I'll add the videos in the center & if anyone wants to watch & help with the below mind maps that would be cool to see a crowd sourced mind map on Spiral Dynamics.

Spiral Dynamics Stages:

?Stage Yellow Mind Map: https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/e417fcdf6d894fe3b17d07996fd6d2cc

?Stage Green Mind Map: https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/92b3de16d2ee4e4bb2fc955a215110d5

?Stage Orange Mind Map: https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/96ed693862764e91bcf110b0e38ffeb6

?Stage Blue Mind Map: https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/147eda63c60147ddab879971914cc937

?Stage Red Mind Map: https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/a535773c36964b2e8a8502d124ea77e4

screenshot-www.mindomo.com-2021.03.26-15_09_44.png

Edited by Ethan1

@Barbara Kinda wondering if this should be a new topic for a spiral dynamics mind map crowd source... Wasn't really planning on making this thread the main page for all mind mapping stuff..

Yeah, a mix of visual and kinesthetic learning is my preference. 

I'd also assume mind mapping is kind of a yellow way of thinking considering it's more systematic type of thinking.
In conjunction with collaborative style thinking seems very yellowish/greenish. 

Edited by Ethan1

This is interesting. I feel like using just a commonplace book or journal has been limiting because I can't see the big picture in one succinct image the way you can with these mind maps. I have also been working on the topics you listed in your post. I'm down to collaborate.

Edited by Logan

@Logan Yeah its awesome man, with the ability to zoom out and in to see the big picture of dynamic ideas and systems. You're more than welcome to join in on the current maps with us. Mind maps have kind of a dynamic way of visualizing ideas. I'd be interested in collaborating on ideas that you're working on too

OneNote is amazing in it's own way for sorting & filing ideas with the Commonplace book. I've got a pretty robust system in OneNote. 

Primarily focusing on the Spiral dynamic stages right now

Edited by Ethan1

Pretty great stuff, this thread just got me into it. Made this one for chess today. Work in progress, i expect it to slowly grows with time. 

https://www.mindomo.com/mindmap/chess-mind-map-b66135d739fb489a8b64b190b7f9e177

Im more interested in encoding practicality into the structure. Makes it more useful for my needs.

For example the spiral dynamic topics might be better structured with a process/training theme. Instead of "yellow concept map" it would be "yellow practice map".

Would map out the process of integrating yellow, instead of simply explain what yellow is. 

The yellow video does a great job of explaining the what and the why but not the how. 

"Yellow training strategy map", maybe it would have a skill tree, gamefing it. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?