Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keef

Why is my body tense all the time?

11 posts in this topic

Every time I notice the tension in my shoulders, legs, and stomach, I try to relax them but then 30 seconds later I get into this tension mode again. Its is bothering me a lot. I've had this body tension since I was a kid .

Anyone knows any solution to this. Any books, etc.?

Thank you!

If you noticed it you are already  started releasing it! Most people even if they are tense do not notice that.

You have to observe how you seat - if you aren't symmetrical it means that you are creating tension in your body. Sometimes there are weird reasons like receding gums. LSD is very useful for identification and release of tension / trapped energy.

I also recommend this:

This could be many things. You need to explore some psychological disorders to see if all symptoms match. 

The symptoms of following psychological disorders can be looked into 

• Anxiety disorder 
  • Panic disorder 
  • Depression 
  • OCD
  • Bipolar 
  • Hyper stress. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Username Thanks! to be honest, I tried the techniques and I think it did something xD

I recall Leo talking about body tension, but I always dismissed the idea until recently when I experienced a transcendental sort of experience that revealed the tension Leo had mentioned.

There's so much tension in the body that isn't blatantly apparent. I could have gone my whole life without noticing it, but I recently wrote about this clarifying experience I underwent. I hope all this can help you relieve that annoying shit.

You should remember that the mind and body are quite literally the same object, so it is in fact possible to relieve body tension with proper mental application and vice versa.

Edit: By the way, @Forestluv recommends kundalini yoga.

Edited by NOTintoxicated

I got tension in my back for maybe 9 years. 

It cause me anxiety and lack of focus. Mine is byproduct of OCD, i have never take medicaiton though because i think even if its help it will be as long as i take these drugs.

Its sounds crazy but that tension started when one guy touched me on my back 9 years ago...

Edited by kras

@kras do you have social anxiety? 

Regardless. 

For both @Keef and @kras

I'd suggest the following - 

• Get yourself a professional diagnosis as to know what exact psychological disorder it could be 
  • Remember it could be a combination of psychological disorders 
  • There is no shame in admitting a psychological disorder as shaming prevents improving of symptoms 
  • Make a symptom list 
  • Work on each symptom every day gradually with baby steps
  • Look for therapy options first. Cheaper therapy in your local area. 
  • First look for therapy then go for the drug option 
  • Make sure that you take safe drugs. 
  • I'd say stick to therapy since drugs can be addictive 
  • Therapy, light to moderate really helps a lot of people overcome stubborn symptoms
  • Diet changes definitely help a lot. Go for organic diet with lots of water 
  • Have you tried relaxation techniques and exercises. Check them on YouTube. They are a great help with reducing stress and tension. 
  • Do you have any childhood trauma or past trauma. You might look into your past and then look for ways to resolve trauma  this needs a lot of shadow work and healing work. 
  • Have you tried alternate spiritual therapies like Reiki. 
  • Do breath work. Diaphragmatic breathing helps a lot. 
  • Many resources on YouTube on stress, anxiety and tension related problems. 
  • Do you do regular journaling. Try it. It helps in understanding the self better. Better self awareness means quicker resolution 
  • Have you tried regular exercises and massage. It does wonders to your stressed out brain. 
  • OCD is something that you will need to work on. 
  • How do you feel spiritually. Set your spiritual aspects right. Do meditation, contemplation and have a strong spiritual base by reading more on spirituality. Develop your spiritual center. 
  • Invest in organic food. 
  • Do positive affirmations every day 
  • Boost your motivation by doing at least 1 self development activity every day 
  • Do you suffer low self esteem. Maybe look into that. 
  • How are your relationships in general? Cut down toxic people and cut off toxic social media nonsense 
  • Keep an Emotional track record journal 
  • Listen to calm music. 
  • Make new wonderful friends. It will tone down your anxiety. 
  • Have you tried joining some self help community or group (other than this place) for example like a local church (if you are religious) or any other group like for self help, psych disorders, depression forums online, Facebook groups. Try joining support groups and build your supportive chain network. 

Namaste 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Keef hi! Chronic tension in the body is often a sign of unprocessed trauma. 

You could see it as your body making you aware of something that needs to be felt and released. 

There could be physiological reasons behind this as well, so a visit to the doctor is never a bad idea. 

However, IME body tension diminishes a lot when you start exploring your trauma, anxieties and start to release resistance towards uncomfortable emotions ?

According to a number of studies 80% of Americans suffer from Magnesium deficiency. One of the symptoms of that can be a dysfunctional parasympathetic nervous system (the one that's in charge of relaxing the body). As a nutritionist I've recommended magnesium supplementation to a number of people and they've all reported a good outcome - better sleep, less tension or disappearance of chronic pain or vertigo symptoms, lower blood pressure etc. Since magnesium is responsible for the production of 300+ enzymes in the body, a deficiency can be extremely detrimental to the quality of life. Most people would do good to supplement 400mg/day magnesium citrate or magnesium glycinate regardless of symptoms. Magnesium is dirt cheap and is safe (unless your kidneys are failing). It is estimated that our ancient ancestors consumed about 700mg/day from food. Nowadays due to irresponsible farming and bad diets, most Americans total intake is around 200-250mg/day. Even the RDA which is quite conservative is set at 400mg/day so you know it's a real problem. You might want to give it a try and see how you feel in 2-3 weeks. For me magnesium solved terrible vertigo symptoms, lessened my anxiety (when I still had those issues) and improved my sleep. Good luck.