GreenLight

Why is not Enlightment the nr.1 priority for everyone?

35 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@How to be wise

‘Material world’ is a thought. “It” is you! 

Again, if interested, trace the accusations to their root. You will realize what’s being said. 

Again, using absolute truth to dismiss the relative. You won’t stop will you? Neo-advaitan devilry.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 hours ago, GreenLight said:

What amazes me is the ones who's only focus is on the material and have no clue about self-realisation.

How do they survive? Isn't life more painful like that? What meaning is there in that place?

I already forgot how it was, i remembet that place as a mere mirage.

You don't know what you don't know and you take it at face value.

4 hours ago, GreenLight said:

The moment i knew there was something like this i went all in.

The moment I knew there was something like this I realized that I would use it as spiritual bypassing.

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

Because the ego knows deep down self-reflection means death, why do you think people say "Dont think so much." 

My friend suggested that I shouldn't worry about my shadow lol.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Because number one priority is survival. 

Tada! 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

My friend suggested that I shouldn't worry about my shadow lol.

If he only knew the freedom you get after digging around in your shadow for 3 months straight... ;) Dont listen to him. :D

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Most people are physically and biologically unable to attain enlightenment. Until there is a revolution in neuroscience, enlightenment will only be for a rare number of people.

There are lots of people that enjoy listening to enlightened people, and learning about non duality, just because it helps them escape their miserable lives, but such people will never become enlightened, only because they can’t. 

This is the natural talent fallacy. If you look at anyone in any field who excel at something, they have all invested thousands of hours of practice into getting to that point. The only thing that is rare is to do zero practice and become a master. Most gurus had to do a lot of practice to get to where they are.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

26 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Rilles  xD She's like, "Yeah, just keep on with repressing your emotions."

Good thing you are wise and intuitive. :D

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

Plus when you look at the so called enlightend people it doesn't look too good.

Enlightenment is another narcissistic fuel. Like with many weird obsessions you don't have a choice anyway other than the illusion of choice.

"Choice" is real. 

Without choice God becomes a very mean entity. A torcher would become God's Will. People starving would become God's Will. One born with everything another without anything wouldn't be just. God would become an unjust God.

I can see how Enlightened One might come to the conclusion that there is no choice.

1 hour ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Rilles  xD She's like, "Yeah, just keep on with repressing your emotions."

Not saying people should repress emotions at all, but there's a valid point there though, cause if you let the shadow do shadow work on itself, all it wants to do is to color itself black. I takes some feeling into it to know the difference, to know when to drop a thought and when to express and dig deeper. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

if you let the shadow do shadow work on itself

Do you mean overcompensation or maybe unguided expression?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Great perspectives everyone, thank you all for your input!

I wondered about this more at a impersonal, collective and metaphysical perspective.

And yet this is still sufficient as answers, thanks again.

Most people just aren't at the stage that's necessary to prioritize spiritual development over anything else.

It would be a rather boring game if Consciousness created the thinnest of veils in the forms that it inhabits. Some of the best stories are long, bloody struggles to the death.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 23/03/2021 at 0:56 PM, GreenLight said:

Sometimes i wonder how people can go after relationship, school, careers, homes and make a family etc.

Without even have a drive toward anything related to self-realisation. 

I have nothing against people who are already seekers and strive for thiese things.

What amazes me is the ones who's only focus is on the material and have no clue about self-realisation.

How do they survive? Isn't life more painful like that? What meaning is there in that place?

It's like the most esoteric thing ever man. Hard to grasp. And also it's hard to recognise the benefits of it. I've had tiny visions and insights what it's like to get to the point Leo's at. Leo's more advanced than a lot of people realise. To live in complete and utter bliss. 

People don't realise what awakening really means. It's hard to get it like, which is why most of the time people who end up actually getting enlightened, usually start off with a shit mind or start with a life filled with unfulfillment, pain or suffering

On 23/03/2021 at 10:56 PM, GreenLight said:

Sometimes i wonder how people can go after relationship, school, careers, homes and make a family etc.

Without even have a drive toward anything related to self-realisation. 

I have nothing against people who are already seekers and strive for thiese things.

Because the ego loves a destination that is tangible and materially accessible. Enlightenment is too esoteric and too difficult for an ego-mind to comprehend, let alone strive for efficiently. So it’s convenient to just hanker after any derivable pleasure one can access instead. These never become what one wants, but it takes searching for them to figure such a thing out. 

Even ‘enlightenment’ is an ideal for the ego-mind. Really, there isn’t such thing as enlightenment to strive toward. Thats just another amusement park for the mind to venture.

You are better finding out who “you” are and stripping yourself of all you are not, especially what you consider yourself to be. This is what we all want truthfully. To understand ourself.

Some may call that enlightenment, yet that is merely another idea. Ironically, there becomes no thing to strive for when one discovers they never existed to begin with.

Edited by Jacobsrw