Qna

Are moderators enlightened?

21 posts in this topic

General question, because I have this impression and want to know if it is true.

@Qna I would say we have quite a few Self-realized folk on the forum, including most of the mods.

52r72s.jpg

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Here are the requirements:

track record of making decent, mature posts

solid track record of mature, even-keeled posting. Drama queens need not apply.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Job application title ..working for leo gura actualized.org moderator.

requirements: you must have five years of enlightenment experience or you are not hired 

me: can I get an internship ? >:) 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

16 hours ago, Natasha said:

including most of the mods

How do you know this? @Natasha

Edited by Yali

Have they accepted death, and the profound emptiness of their titles (beyond pragmatic functions like being able to lock this thread)?

If so, then yes, they are enlightened. :D

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

18 hours ago, Preety_India said:

52r72s.jpg

No they don't, nor they want to. B|

By my definition, I am not enlightened. Not even close. Awake? Yes. But not enlightened.

I have always been spiritually driven to truth, even as a young kid. There were many "mini-awakenings" along the way, but what I consider to by my true awakening didn't happen until much later in life.

Being awake doesn't automatically dissolve all of your attachments. It just makes you more aware of them, and empowers you not to continue falling for their false promises. In some ways, my life has become more difficult since waking up, because I realize how much power my conditioned mind has, and how important it is to stay vigilant against its enticements. Realizing unconditional love isn't just an epiphany; it is a lifelong journey.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

17 minutes ago, Moksha said:

By my definition, I am not enlightened. Not even close. Awake? Yes. But not enlightened.

What the difference between being "enlightened" and "awake"? @Moksha

9 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I have always been spiritually driven to truth, even as a young kid. There were many "mini-awakenings" along the way, but what I consider to by my true awakening didn't happen until much later in life.

Being awake doesn't automatically dissolve all of your attachments. It just makes you more aware of them, and empowers you not to continue falling for their false promises. In some ways, my life has become more difficult since waking up, because I realize how much power my conditioned mind has, and how important it is to stay vigilant against its enticements. Realizing unconditional love isn't just an epiphany; it is a lifelong journey.

Yup, I feel the same. I still do not consider myself awakened, let alone enlightened. I still don't know what's 'behind' awakening at all, even though one could argue that I had my fair share of 'glimpses behind the silhouette'. Nevertheless, I don't know whether I'm 'awakened' or not. At the end of the day, it probably boils down to what one defines as awakening. I've let go of the idea, where to draw the boundaries between awakened vs. not-awakened because honestly, I wouldn't know where to draw them. Everything has changed, yet everything is still the same.

Could you elaborate on your definition of awakening and/or enlightenment? I'd be interested in hearing your perspective.

@Yali @EmptyVase Words are always limited. They never capture the reality that they try to convey.

For me, awakening is the direct realization of Yourself as Consciousness. It is Self-discovering the God that is always within you, but which before was in a sleeping state of Self-awareness. It is the indisputable seeing that You are not your conditioned mind, and also seeing this sameness in every other being. It is all Consciousness. You are It.

Enlightenment is the eventuation, and the ultimate fulfillment, of that realization. Just because you are awake doesn't mean your form is deconditioned. Even as Consciousness, You are still Self-limited within this form, which you have created to experience the highs and lows of relative reality. It is the eternally cyclical game, which You created for Yourself, to first Self-realize, then to eventually decondition the form from all of the attachments that it accrued by going through relative reality. In that deconditioning, ultimately you resolve back into the Self that created you in the first place.

Notice the sequentiality, which is also part of the dream. Ultimately, Consciousness was never created and will never die. It is timeless and changeless. The game of creation is simply our way of Self-expression.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha

Thank you for sharing your perspective. That was a nice read. ??

And yes, I agree. Words and symbols are super limited. After having had a direct Self-recognition as cosmic Truth, I realize how nothing could really capture it, because you are it. The ego mind makes what is inherent, and fundamentally simple, tricky.

I find that, in order to directly realize it, it is best to leave word games behind. Hands on inspection, but not even that. Even inspection is, in a sense, a step away from Truth.. going so beyond everything, that you strange-loop your way back to where you started from. That's the way for me. Gotta love paradox. ?

It's fun to talk and write about it though.

@Qna

22 hours ago, Qna said:

General question, because I have this impression and want to know if it is true.

I'm willing to bet some are here. However, enlightenment is subjective, so I wouldn't be waiting for others answers.

@Moksha So you are directly conscious of yourself as God right now as we speak?

It is Self-discovering the God that is always within you

Edited by Yali

On 2021-03-23 at 8:25 AM, Loving Radiance said:

track record of making decent, mature posts

solid track record of mature, even-keeled posting. Drama queens need not apply.

What does it even mean?

Does it go well with apple sauce?

@GreenLight What comes to mind are self-reflective posts even when it hurts your self-image. No blame games. Learning & being open instead of being closeminded. Growth mindset. Admitting errors.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.