Mind of a beast

I found my life purpose but....

17 posts in this topic

On 18 May 2020, I found my life purpose.

My life purpose is to write books  related to philosophy.

I want to be like Nietzsche and Kant. Like them, I would like to introduce new ideas to the world.

But I didn't write a single page till now.

I was doing shallow work like researching which books to read , how to write an essay etc.

It's been 10 months.

Now I am filled with guilt of not doing the necessary work.

Steven Pressfield calls it as Resistance. Higher your life purpose, higher will be the Resistance.

How to overcome this and get back on track?

Thank you.

Make it sound small in your mind. "I'm going to write 2 sentences and then do something fun."

You can also figure out your limiting beliefs about success. A great process for this is to weite down the result you are getting, and then ask "what would I have to believe to get this result?"

Much luck.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

Well, do you have any new ideas to introduce yet?

Otherwise, more reading and contemplating to do.

Also, psychedelics. Without transcendent experience you'll be another one of those philosophers who are just conceptualising what they don't know. All those Greek classical thinkers were a member of the Eulysian Mysteries for a reason.

Psychedelics could also kickstart your sense of what is important to start with.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy  Well, Psychedelics are banned in my country, India.

I have tried marijuana though.

Ayahuasca is what I need.

What do you suggest ? What should I do?

@Mind of a beast  Go to peru or Europe and take ayahuasca, if you feel drawn to that

You didn't answer my other questions: do you already have ideas to write about, or do you need to get inspired first?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy  Sorry , I got carried away by Psychedelics topic.

Yes, I have my own ideas but don't know that they are original or not.

But I am going to write them anyway. So that's the plan for now.

Hope this answers your questions.

Maybe a good strategy will be to try a very "smooth transition",

by that I mean to start implementing daily or weekly habits slowly, one by one.

for you it might be to write a thousand words every weekend, or every day. or something like start carrying a small notebook with you wherever you go, at all times(and a pen). make sure that a habit rally sticks before moving to the next, and be patient.

I can relate on how frustrating it can be, because im on a similiar state with my own life purpose. but it is those mundane actions we take that really transform our lifes. And it can feel like you are not doing enough...

if you haven't written a single page then how do you know you will enjoy writing ? lol

If you don't enjoy it then why do it

So check if you enjoy doing it by actually doing it, and if there is some crazy emotion arising that you know that's the shit you should be doing

Higher your life purpose, higher will be the Resistance.

How to overcome this and get back on track?

Drop that belief. The resistance felt in feeling is with the thoughts, not the actions, nor the perception or experience. With that one belief you create the resistance in experience across the board.

There is no such things as resistance.  

Believe that. Be the One you are. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It sounds like a very front-loaded life purpose. By that I mean there is a ton of research that you'll need to do upfront to catch up on hundreds of years worth of philosophy before you can start contributing your own thoughts.

If you do shallow research and start writing too soon, there's a good chance that you'll end up just coming to the same conclusions as previous philosophers and not contributing anything unique. All of the basic ideas have already been considered and discussed ad nauseum. 

This is a life purpose where you're particularly going to need to have a strong vision or end goal in mind. Because you might be learning and processing massive amounts of information. But on paper, you're not going to actually have anything to show for it for years. Things like # of words written per day is not a good goal early in the process for your case. Instead you'll need to find something else like numbers of books read, or create your own arbitrary scales for how far you feel that you've come.

For some people, their life purpose is more like just throwing money at the problem and it starts functioning on day one like a McDonald's franchise. Other people need to go to school for years in a subject before they can even start working on it. You are in the second category. You need to look at this like a marathon and not a sprint.

@Yarco  OH My God, Thank you so much.

You have an unique ability to break down any analysis.

It feels so validating that someone also thinks same way.

I have made the list of books to read for next 3 months.

After that I think I am going to do philosophical research on my own as per my interests.

Please guide me on this very difficult path.

Hahahaha, this creative block, all too well-known.

TRUE @Yarco , but also @Mind of a beast don't forget to still write something, anything while you build your knowledge base. Choose a topic you are interested in, start that mini-project to write a short essay, maybe try to publish it somewhere and don't be afraid to find it getting ripped apart by more advanced colleagues. You are only starting.

But do it, learn, learn and then write something, sometime, too

@Girzo  Yes, Thank you.

I am going to write essays and make a collection of them and then send it to some knowledgeable person for feedback.

After that, I don't know what I will do.

@Mind of a beast

I wouldn't discount college.

A real issue for you will be not re-inventing the wheel. 

"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz