Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strangeloop

Practically wasting money on a coach

6 posts in this topic

So I beatbox and I spend 60 euros a month for a coach for beatbox. And basically I don't even apply for calls, which is my fault because I have to set the time on a calander which the coach has. I just have to man up and go to the call. 

And every time I do I don't feel like it's making me progress any further I just listen to him talk mindlessly showing me techniques of beatbox and I just don't seem to care anymore. I just don't practice my beatbox. Hell I even created my own facebook group where I should be teaching other people to beatbox, but I don't even beatbox myself and makes me a corrupt shitface which doesn't have discipline and will to practice the craft to get better at it.

I'm being hard on myself I know.

And Leo talks about letting go... So I want to let go, all of it, but the other part doesn't want this.

I don't know...

Can you give me advice?

It is not so easy to be aware of where your personal enthusiasm is taking you. My philosophy has always been to do the things that give you joy, and if it no longer is enjoyable, then stop doing it and move on. But try to find out why you lost your enthusiasm, be honest with yourself. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

You should stop beatoboxing and do something else

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Let's answer this with a poem by Charles Bukowski:

if it doesn't come bursting out of you
in spite of everything,
don't do it.
unless it comes unasked out of your
heart and your mind and your mouth
and your gut,
don't do it.
if you have to sit for hours
staring at your computer screen beatbox
or hunched over your
typewriter beatbox
searching for words beats,
don't do it.
if you're doing it for money or
fame,
don't do it.
if you're doing it because you want
women in your bed,
don't do it.
if you have to sit there and
rewritebeatbox it again and again,
don't do it.
if it's hard work just thinking about doing it,
don't do it.
if you're trying to write beatbox like somebody
else,
forget about it.

if you have to wait for it to roar out of
you,
then wait patiently.
if it never does roar out of you,
do something else.

if you first have to read beatbox it to your wife
or your girlfriend or your boyfriend
or your parents or to anybody at all,
you're not ready.

don't be like so many writers beatboxers,
don't be like so many thousands of
people who call themselves writers beatboxers,
don't be dull and boring and
pretentious, don't be consumed with self-
love.
the libraries of the world have
yawned themselves to
sleep
over your kind.
don't add to that.
don't do it.
unless it comes out of
your soul like a rocket,
unless being still would
drive you to madness or
suicide or murder,
don't do it.
unless the sun inside you is
burning your gut,
don't do it.

when it is truly time,
and if you have been chosen,
it will do it by
itself and it will keep on doing it
until you die or it dies in you.

there is no other way.

and there never was.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy That's an eye-opening poem. And yeah The way beatbox comes out of my mouth is really mistycal. I just done a few moments earlier, and I didn't think about doing it, I didn't made a decision to do it, I just did it, I beatboxed and it was natural, calming, peaceful inside, meditative even. Forgot everything I was struggling about. Just beatboxed and went with the flow.

Thank you ??

Hey Strangeloop, its great to read that their are fellow beatboxers in the Actualized community ♡

I taught beatboxing to adults and children during 2017-2019 through school programs and private tutoring online or IRL.

What I realized while teaching many different novices, was that I could only teach so much to the individual because unlike most instruments there's no visual component to memorize how to create sounds. Certainly I had tried many methods of creating a visual board, but I realized that there was no one way to write Beats.

My favourite method, was writing them in the same fashion that you write drum beats. But not everyone could comprehend that form.

I realized, that my business wasn't what I expected it to be and I had to let it go. Yes, teaching people the fundamental basics of beatbox could be a career, but because beatbox is so new and nuanced I find it extremely difficult to help someone learn more than the basics.

And it's all totally up to them how much they're going to practice the sounds and rhythms and patterns. No amount of coaching is going to grow the person more than their own daily practice.

Best of luck on your journey ♡

Btkbtk-Liproll