Strangeloop

Can a person bullshit their way to success?

9 posts in this topic

Like seriously, If I came to you and said my religion is the truest of all the Truths. Follow Strangeloop and you will be the next level human with superpowers. Like that is bullshit isn't? If I did that, how many people would believe me? Is it even worth it? If karma exists then I would get some baaaad karma points for deceiving people. Is it even legal to bullshit? Like what is bullshit and what is not bullshit?

Any thoughts? experiences on this topic?

As a rule of thumb, the more you bullshit, the more succesful you become.

Because life and the world is bullshit, so people love bullshit, so bullshit as much as you possibly can if you want to be really succesful.

(Maybe a bit exaggerated..)

Edited by Blackhawk

If you actually achieve success in the process, was it ever really bullshit?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

And also, what "success" there is to achieve, if its foundation isn't real?

Doesn’t sound sustainable. :)   The shit will hit the fan.  

Thought, words, and all communication is bullshit in the sense it is an appearance. This is not exactly the same as intention, such as with deception, yet most bullshit and deception is the unintentional product of self deception...which basically circles back to intention, and in large part, suffering. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Strangeloop Yeah people who run pyramid schemes/multi-level marketing companies bullshit people all the time and achieve success

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Depends on how you see success and how the world see success too. If you do not live a life of honesty and integrity and when you made some dirty money, do you think you can feel peaceful?

Thanks for the replies. It brought me back to a memory of a tv show called "survivor" where this one dude pretty much bullshited his way to success, he manipulated, lied, did everything and anything to sell his bullshit and won the whole game. So from that point of view if I'm not caring about the people I'm bullshitting I could bullshit them to death, unless they are more adept at bullshit. 

Though I could bullshit to people I care about too. But that makes me what? a bad person? But why would I bullshit to the people I care about? I've done it in the past and the cpnsequences of that are pretty drastic. 

So my answer to my question would be: Yes I can bullshit my way to success especially if that "success"means Defending my beliefs, manipulating something towards my selfish gain. Or just plain out lying to get that attention and "status" I so much crave.