Leo Nordin

Survival after Enlightenment

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

I don't know where you get these ideas from, but they're just fantasies about what enlightenment is.

It is not fantasies and I never said it is enlightenment, though many would call that enlightenment. The body only lives moment to moment, it is only the mind which wants to drag out and hold onto sensations, so when the body and mind lives moment to moment, that is the natural state. It is the culture that has influenced your mind for attachment and lingering onto sensations. Animals don't seem to have this problem, therefore they live beautifully. 

34 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

It is not fantasies and I never said it is enlightenment, though many would call that enlightenment. The body only lives moment to moment, it is only the mind which wants to drag out and hold onto sensations, so when the body and mind lives moment to moment, that is the natural state. It is the culture that has influenced your mind for attachment and lingering onto sensations. Animals don't seem to have this problem, therefore they live beautifully. 

This doesn't contradict having a job or running a business.

29 minutes ago, vladorion said:

This doesn't contradict having a job or running a business.

You are a very lucky bastard if it doesn't contradict having a normal job or business for you. 

7 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

You are a very lucky bastard if it doesn't contradict having a normal job or business for you. 

This a belief. This dude got enlightened and continued running a quarter billion dollar research project with 1000 people working for him like nothing happened: 

16:47 He goes into how he stopped experiencing thoughts.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

25 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

This a belief. This dude got enlightened and continued running a million dollar research project: 

He is definitely not enlightened...

48 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

I'm not enlightened but this seems like just a belief.

Looking at people who could be called enlightened, this is absolutely not the case.

I'd argue that if you're struggling with this, you're not enlightened. There's a conflict between your inner reality and the world. And there are still beliefs running your life. 

Also, you don't have to have a job. You can make money doing what you like doing.

38 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

He is definitely not enlightened...

LOL how so? He said he suddenly stopped experiencing self-referential thoughts after 20000 hours of spiritual practice. That is very advanced.

You seem to have this idea that enlightenment somehow puts more limits on yourself. It's exactly the opposite: limitations will only be lifted. It's not an animal-like existence at all. You'll be more capable of being human.

Edited by Carl-Richard

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

LOL how so? He said he suddenly stopped experiencing self-referential thoughts after 20000 hours of spiritual practice. That is very advanced.

You seem to have this idea that enlightenment somehow puts more limits on yourself. It's exactly the opposite: limitations will only be lifted. It's not an animal-like existence at all. You'll be more capable of being human.

5 hours ago, vladorion said:

I'm not enlightened but this seems like just a belief.

Looking at people who could be called enlightened, this is absolutely not the case.

I'd argue that if you're struggling with this, you're not enlightened. There's a conflict between your inner reality and the world. And there are still beliefs running your life. 

I am not struggling with anything, you ask questions to the past me. I dont want to answer you now, there is no reason, what will I gain from it nothing. Ser you all in hell because noone here is enlightened and never will be there isn't such a thing as enlightenment. Good day to you mr logic it is he who is responsible for all your miseries. 

1 hour ago, Leo Nordin said:

I am not struggling with anything, you ask questions to the past me. I dont want to answer you now, there is no reason, what will I gain from it nothing. Ser you all in hell because noone here is enlightened and never will be there isn't such a thing as enlightenment. Good day to you mr logic it is he who is responsible for all your miseries. 

Us unenlightened folks only have our best guess, but I believe having 0 self-referential thoughts (except when hypoglycemic) qualifies as a non-dual baseline state of awareness a.k.a enlightenement. Are there deeper levels? Sure. "It only keeps unfolding in more and more spectacular ways" as Gary Weber would've put it (paraphrasing). If Gary is "definitely not enlightened", what is your requirement for considering somebody enlightened?

Btw, at 16:47 he goes into how he stopped experiencing thoughts.

Edited by Carl-Richard

23 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I believe having 0 self-referential thoughts (

True, having zero self-referential thoughts is not discipline, it is absence of i. the absence of i, even brief, realizes freedom immediately, you perceive yourself as consciousness outside of time. I think this is enlightenment

1 hour ago, Leo Nordin said:

I didn't ask you any questions...

So, you're not struggling with anything... yet you call your current situation a slavery.

You say you have no reason to answer, yet you're on this forum.

You say there's no such thing as enlightenment, yet you're implying that you are.

There's some denial going on here, it looks like.

16 minutes ago, vladorion said:

I didn't ask you any questions...

So, you're not struggling with anything... yet you call your current situation a slavery.

You say you have no reason to answer, yet you're on this forum.

You say there's no such thing as enlightenment, yet you're implying that you are.

There's some denial going on here, it looks like.

I have never saod I am enlightened and if I dod then that is false. There is no way lut of struggling life in itself is a struggle. So I made a stupid comment, there is a roght now direct connection between the sensory perception of the body and the mind. Not that duality you would usually find. I am not in any way the same person that ypu wrote with earlier so I don't remember well what I wrote. You can live non dualy one second not the other, thats why I am not in conflict right now wothin myswlf

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Glitched

1 minute ago, Leo Nordin said:

I have never saod I am enlightened and if I dod then that is false. There is no way lut of struggling life in itself is a struggle. So I made a stupid comment, there is a roght now direct connection between the sensory perception of the body and the mind. Not that duality you would usually find. I am not in any way the same person that ypu wrote with earlier so I don't remember well what I wrote. You can live non dualy one second not the other, thats why I am not in conflict right now wothin myswlf

Ah... the Neo-Advaita trap. Such a feeling of nostalgia -_-

On 21/03/2021 at 8:29 PM, Nahm said:

The difference between survival before enlightenment and survival after enlightenment is whatever thought is currently believed to be the difference.

I suppose it depends on what one means by enlightenment. Let's agree that enlightenment is what all beings are truly looking for in life. Wouldn't that could an effect on the operation of the individual? Surely then psychological survival (ie seeking any sort of validation from others, the need for luxury, the need for love in a relationship etc) all falls away if one truly is happy within oneself?

When an enlightened person walks through the forest, the grass makes way.

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Glitched 

Edited by Leo Nordin

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Us unenlightened folks only have our best guess, but I believe having 0 self-referential thoughts (except when hypoglycemic) qualifies as a non-dual baseline state of awareness a.k.a enlightenement. Are there deeper levels? Sure. "It only keeps unfolding in more and more spectacular ways" as Gary Weber would've put it (paraphrasing). If Gary is "definitely not enlightened", what is your requirement for considering somebody enlightened?

Btw, at 16:47 he goes into how he stopped experiencing thoughts.

Your human mind cannot understand the reality, it is just beyond itself. Like a hard drive explaining what the computer is, can only see from its own perspective which always will be limited to the capabilities of mind. Of course we can think and make assumptions though they wont mirror the actual reality.