Eren Eeager

Books about true masculinity and femininity and being your true self?

11 posts in this topic

Is there a book like that in leo's books list?

If not what would you recommend?

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

For men:

way of the superior man david deida

/Thread

Edit: This is genuinely one of the best books ever made , I can't recommend this any higher 

Edited by Stephen

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

For men:

way of the superior man david deida

/Thread

Edit: This is genuinely one of the best books ever made , I can't recommend this any higher 

Thanks, looks promising, I will give it a read

What about femininity?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

What is it you want to achieve by reading these books?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

"King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine" is a classic, written in 1991 from a Jungian perspective. Some things I really love about this book are that it views working with one's masculinity as being a part of maturing as a man, that it's more about balance than going to extremes, it identifies "toxic masculinity" as being an unhealed boyhood rather than an overdeveloped manhood, and there is no hint in the book that man is being painted as superior to woman. It's a book that allows for meaningful and deep personal exploration and development while at the same time passing most of the "smell tests" of contemporary PC culture.

47 minutes ago, Rilles said:

What is it you want to achieve by reading these books?

I already know what true musculinity is but I still have these silly thoughts in my head that I really need to let go of, So I think reading such books will help me out.

1 minute ago, Eren Eeager said:

I already know what true musculinity is but I still have these silly thoughts in my head that I really need to let go of, So I think reading such books will help me out.

What kind of silly thoughts?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

What kind of silly thoughts?

That I need to be macho kind of a guy or more extroverted.

I just started reading the way of the superior man. Why did i postpone this for so long! This book is great and i read only one chapter and the introduction so far. 

I would recommend Fire in the Belly by Sam Keen. It's a good book for masculinity. From what I can gather at about 2/3rds of the way through, he is talking about Stage Green man. 

Edited by Elevated