Blackhawk

No idea what is going on

75 posts in this topic

Atheists, materialists, religious, spiritual, and psychonautic people (and whatever else groups of people there are) all think they are on the side which knows the truth.

I think maybe they all are ignorant.

Maybe I am too.

I feel outside because I don't believe in anything specific, and I don't know anything.

How am I supposed to know what is true. I really don't know anything ?

Unfortunately this also means that I wont believe in any replies in this thread either, because I don't know whether what someone says is true or not. Because of that I haven't put a question mark in this post. I don't feel excited about what people will say, since their words don't mean anything to me. So I'm not sure why I even started this thread. Sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful.

Edited by Blackhawk

I think the fucked up part is that I also don't know if I don't know..

So "I know that I don't know" is nuts. It fucks up your head.. I guess it's a strangeloop or whatever Leo likes to call it. Or just a paradox. Whatever.

Edited by Blackhawk

Ground yourself in asserting love. Not because it's objectively better than hate, just will it. Then from there you can construct a worldview that will serve love in a utilitarian fashion, knowing that it is not grounded in anything objective. 

Do stay open minded it is helpful when you try to find ultimate truth of your existence. Drop your thoughts and just be joyfully still.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@Blackhawk Exactly. i learned to like not knowing. There’s peace in it. Somehow active searching, comparing, analyzing etc switched to more chill observing. 

39 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

@Blackhawk Buy the book list. It's worth it.

I have bought many of the books.

unless you experience it directly for yourself, it don't mean shit

Welcome to Stage Green. You're now drowning in relativism, and your job is to construct a life raft and enter Stage Yellow. Your current problem is that you're discovering relativity while still being zoomed in to a partial view, mainly a "me"-centered view, which means your old value structures start to seem faulty and unreliable.

You want to gradually zoom out and catch a glimpse of the system view. From that perspective, the relativity becomes more compatible with your lens and is not seen as a problem. It's from the system view that you start to successfully maneuver this new territory that relativity has opened up.

Here is what relativism looks like from a system view looks like:

Notice the lack of "I" or "me" language.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

16 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I really don't know anything ?

Just like everyone else ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Well... we know that everything is impermanent. And we know that there is suffering. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

7 minutes ago, Bodhitree said:

Well... we know that everything is impermanent. And we know that there is suffering. 

You don't even know what anything is. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 hours ago, neovox said:

unless you experience it directly for yourself, it don't mean shit

The problem is of course that any experience can be explained away as a unreal hallucination.

I have experienced stuff, which I later classified as hallucinations.

A few days ago I had a discussion with a guy on a different forum who had clinically died and had a full blown near death experience. He have also on psychedelics and during meditation experienced everything that people in this forum like to talk about. And he explains them all away as unreal hallucinations, he's still a materialist and doesn't believe in life after death and so on.

You might object with "then he's just stupid and/or low conscious."  Maybe, or maybe not, who the hell knows. But it proves that experience doesn't prove shit.

It requires belief to believe in experience. You can believe that the experience shows either the truth or untruth.

Edited by Blackhawk

Another thing which kind of pisses me off is the selective experience cherry picking which you guys choose to believe in.

For example (extreme example) if my direct experience is that reality is hell (not love at all), then you guys say: "that's a false experience. That's not at all the truth. I don't like feeling bad so it must be untruth."

And then if I experience that reality is love and all that nice and cute stuff then you guys will say "yes that experience is the truth. Oh so nice everything is, let's have a orgy and feel good together."

Sorry. I had to vent a bit. I'll calm down now.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

For example (extreme example) if my direct experience is that reality is hell (not love at all), then you guys say: "that's a false experience. That's not at all the truth. I don't like feeling bad so it must be untruth."

And then if I experience that reality is love and all that nice and cute stuff then you guys will say "yes that experience is the truth. Oh so nice everything is, let's have a orgy and feel good together."

@Blackhawk That's not true at all. 

29 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The problem is of course that any experience can be explained away as a unreal hallucination.

I have experienced stuff, which I later classified as hallucinations.

A few days ago I had a discussion with a guy on a different forum who had clinically died and had a full blown near death experience. He have also on psychedelics and during meditation experienced everything that people in this forum like to talk about. And he explains them all away as unreal hallucinations, he's still a materialist and doesn't believe in life after death and so on.

You might object with "then he's just stupid and/or low conscious."  Maybe, or maybe not, who the hell knows. But it proves that experience doesn't prove shit.

It requires belief to believe in experience. You can believe that the experience shows either the truth or untruth.

And also "everything is hallucination" doesn't solve the problem either. Maybe that's true, maybe it's not true, who the hell knows.

Just have to respond to the stuff you guys will say before you say it, because I know what people will say.

@Blackhawk what is prior to the thoughts 'this is real', 'this is hallucination'? As soon as you put a label on awareness you are creating an abstract relative map, you've moved from Absolute Being (Truth) to relative dualistic theory (truth). Obviously that's true of this post too ;)

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Learn to doubt your doubts.

And as far as atheism, theism, rationalism, etc., maybe it's not so much about being on the right side or wrong side of the truth so much as it's about knowing truth in different ways.

9 minutes ago, NondualesStudium said:

So you do have an idea what's going on (contrary to the thread title)?

See how our mind works? ;)

I knew some smartass would take it literally like that.

Of course I don't really know what people will say. And I also must "know" some stuff for me to be able to function in the world. For example I "know" that eating 11 pounds of rocks every day is a bad idea, etc.

8 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

@Blackhawk what is prior to the thoughts 'this is real', 'this is hallucination'? As soon as you put a label on awareness you are creating an abstract relative map, you've moved from absolute being (truth) to relative dualistic theory. Obviously that's true of this post too ;)

Now you're talking about something different: awareness/consciousness.

I'm inclined to agree that awareness can't be a hallucination.

Edited by Blackhawk

11 minutes ago, Boethius said:

Learn to doubt your doubts.

And as far as atheism, theism, rationalism, etc., maybe it's not so much about being on the right side or wrong side of the truth so much as it's about knowing truth in different ways.

Why do you think I don't doubt my doubts? I do. And that just makes the problem even bigger. So how is that supposed to be a solution?

Edited by Blackhawk

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

You don't even know what anything is. 

Aha! And you think that someone else does ? 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna