Strangeloop

Weird conversation with my client

7 posts in this topic

So I came to the fare spot waited a bit and this man came. And he acted calm but talked in what seemed in a very respectful manner. And the words he said most of them that clicked to me were words that associated with my life. But mostly I didn't react to them.

What I tried to do is to get the address where he was going, so he called his friend and said to meet him.

We drove around for a short time stopped. but the conversation was still on going and I can't barely remember the details even tho it happend like 15min ago lol. It didnt make logical sense either what he told me. So I don't even know what to think or how to think anymore

@EnlightenmentBlog How do people communicate? How can I communicate without making logical sense? Are words even there to communicate or are we chimps spitting out sounds which don't make much sense?

56 minutes ago, Strangeloop said:

Are words even there to communicate or are we chimps spitting out sounds which don't make much sense?

Both I guess. It really depends. Some people are really bad at articulating whatever it is they want to say. Especially if you're meeting them for the first time. I find that there's like a couple of hours of fine-tuning where you understand how a person thinks and really make sense of what he says. That's the case because there's always implicit communication, or subcommunication. In some cases that's even more important than what's actually being said.  Consider a PUA who tries to pick up girls. He won't make any logical sense at all, cos he tries to win the girl emotionally, not rationally. 

Okay so let's discuss this further. For example If I come up to a girl and start spitting out all this "knowledge" about non-duality and spirituality. Most likely she wouldn't understand but then again if I make it sound appealing then it's a win. And also tone of voice makes a huge difference, even if I say something disturbing but in a sexy voice, would that be appealing to them?  I think girls use rationality as well. It's not like they're not capable of rationality.

Or if I say something illogical, e.g. I'm a train and a chair because I'm consciousness. What kind of answer would I get? Would be interesting to find out.

19 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

And also tone of voice makes a huge difference, even if I say something disturbing but in a sexy voice, would that be appealing to them?

Can be, depends on the delivery. You have to be good at it. 

19 hours ago, Strangeloop said:

Or if I say something illogical, e.g. I'm a train and a chair because I'm consciousness. What kind of answer would I get? Would be interesting to find out.

Depends on how and when you say it and on the other person's knowledge of consciousness and such. It's all relative. You couldn't understand your client because he was probably in a different context or frame of mind than you. It's important that before you try to communicate anything you kind of synch up to the other person. Give him some base to work with. In his vids, Leo always takes like 5-10 minutes to make a proper intro to a subject. IRL you would gently ease the person in by telling them about consciousness and how everything is one and explain some theory and then you might say you're a train or chair.