Ellenier

Prof. Dave "debunks" quantum mysticism

30 posts in this topic

hopelessly orange, he is behaving like a child that doesnt want this to be true.

Edited by ilja

"Im actually a bit spooked b/c prof. Dave usually explains stuff like really good and he also does a great job at roasting flatearthers"

Thats a problem if you cannot see from where someones judgement is coming from and just take what is presented at face value.

Edited by ilja

In the video he accuses @Leo Gura of being of a gaslighting sociopath and makes statements regarding his teaching style such as:

"I am right because I am right, and if you don't think I am right, it's because you are decieving yourself". 

"This is what cult leaders do: Insist that they're right and any doubt or sentiment to the contrary is absurd. That voice of sanity telling you this is bullshit, don't listen to it. Listen to me, only listen to me". 

Go through the comments and look for "any doubt or senitment to the contrary" and you will clearly see him respond with very belittling/abrasive remarks such as:

"Literally everything you just said is wrong. I made this video specifically for you. Please watch it and learn something." 

"You've chosen to believe in fantasies that make you feel special. Yes, you are lying to yourself. Either try to substantiate those entities empirically, or admit what I'm saying."

"Leo is indeed a fool, and a cult leader, and a total douchebag. Get out of the cult now."

"No, you have not experienced either of them first hand. Astral projection isn't real, and you've never been dead. So wow, like most other self-deluding mystics, you are horrible at asserting anything that even deserves to be discussed." 

One could easily make a case that these kinds of remarks are also gaslighting/diminishing tacticts to people who make any slight obejction. It's obvious he is committing the very "sin" (for lack of a better term) he is accusing Leo of committing. There's a very toxic game of mudslinging going on here. If he stayed in his lane and just made math and science videos there would no issue at all but he insists to antagonize everything he stands for. It's rather disheartening to witness.

@fox_unit Yup. Lack of self-awareness and projection is a staple in debunk psychology. 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 21.3.2021 at 5:12 PM, Space said:

@Ellenier Only genuine compassion and empathy for Prof. Dave. God bless him in his suffering.

Amen to that ??

On 21.3.2021 at 5:15 PM, Enlightenment said:

I didn't watch yet but I guess this guy as a physicalist believes in the many-worlds interpretation of QM, right? If so then in one of these infinite amounts of worlds he is a new age woo guy and Leo is a physicalist who is "debunking" his views. Or my understanding of many-worlds interpretation is wrong

I think that's how it works, yeah. Not sure about his view on that; I think he has some QM related stuff, but I had enough after this video :D 

@fox_unit Yeah, my thoughts exactly. To someone who suggested that Leo encourages open-mindedness he wrote just 1h ago: "It's a cult. He's a cult leader. He does not encourage open-mindedness. He preaches solipsism and then says that if you don't accept what he says as absolute truth, that's your brain fighting what you secretly know to be true. It's clear as day." He's literally doing the same cult-psychology thing (of which he's accusing Leo of doing) in the same sentence lol.

Well Leo's whole "I just know better than anyone" act can be pretty annoying to listen to. He can only blame himself for showing no grace or humility whatsoever. But he is succesful and has a decent following so I doubt he would rush to self-reflect in this regard. Until that happens he will always be regarded by the larger society as an arrogant ego-maniac. 

@Space Totally agree. Materialists dream is deep. There's no point to argue with them. There are few scientists nowadays who have truly realized implications of the greatest discoveries in math, physics, biology and chemistry not as some intepretations but as obvious facts. Patience and compassion are all we can do.

Meh whatever, don't let this stuff bother you. I probably would have ate this video up and thought all this was a cult too if I was 18 again. Some people just aren't open minded enough or they aren't at the right point in their lives for it. When someone is ready, they are ready. Or maybe never will be! Oh well that's the brutal impersonal universe we occupy.

Just be grateful it helped you in the ways it did and pay it forward. But please stoop to their level and turn it into a pissing match of Actualized.Org vs Materialism that needs to be defended like an ideology. That undermines the whole purpose of this larger self/world improvement work.

Let people think what they want to think. Everything is exactly perfect just the way it is.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I found this video today, haven't watched it, I don't think I can waste my time on this, but the comment section is hilarious lol, but no. I'd rather read a book.