Boethius

Orange thinking it's Coral

14 posts in this topic

When we think of ourselves as centered at Green or Yellow or Turquoise or whatever, how do we know that our belief is rooted in reality and that we are not in fact just centered in Orange and thinking of Spiral Dynamics as some sort of a competition that we *must* win? Perhaps the idea of "advancing up the levels" is itself Orange to the core.

You can just perceive it as observing constantly changing enviroment and adapting to it through creating new solutions and the idea no longer has this orange vibe. Now it has rather yellowish vibe.

Furthermore the higher stages are incorporating the ideas of the stages below them.

The idea of self improvement kind of emerges at Orange so it makes sense there is a lot of that here, which is fine. Gotta start somewhere.

hrhrhtewgfegege

People will tell you.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

People will tell you.

Explain pls?

18 minutes ago, Espaim said:

Explain pls?

If you can't rely on yourself to make that judgement, are there really any other options? It's in some ways easier to pinpoint what stage someone else is at than yourself. You don't have to be told it directly, but you can take a hint.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Boethius said:

When we think of ourselves as centered at Green or Yellow or Turquoise or whatever, how do we know that our belief is rooted in reality and that we are not in fact just centered in Orange and thinking of Spiral Dynamics as some sort of a competition that we *must* win? Perhaps the idea of "advancing up the levels" is itself Orange to the core.

Because you we become like a carpenter that is skilled at using a variety of tools. Similarly, a spiral wizard can integrate the tools of logic, intuition, magic, creativity, analysis, rational thinking, post-rational etc. 

I've also wondered the same.  having knowledge of the traits of different stages and the way those stages think and act, doesnt mean you fully lived through the stage?  I can learn how a stage turquoise person would view the world and try and change my world view to match that... but that doesn't mean i am turquoise.  i can think in turquoise but am i actually turqoise?  

23 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you can't rely on yourself to make that judgement, are there really any other options? It's in some ways easier to pinpoint what stage someone else is at than yourself. You don't have to be told it directly, but you can take a hint.

It makes sense. thanks

You will learn Coral when the excess of Turquoise becomes too much for you. If you get to Coral it will be because the Universe wants you to, if not then you belong somewhere else along the lines of Infinity. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

http://www.cook-greuter.com/Cook-Greuter 9 levels paper new 1.1'14 97p[1].pdf

I hope everyone did their Cook Greuter homework. :)

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

12 hours ago, Thewritersunion said:

You will learn Coral when the excess of Turquoise becomes too much for you. If you get to Coral it will be because the Universe wants you to, if not then you belong somewhere else along the lines of Infinity. 

im good where i am, no Coral for me thank you very muchxDxDxD