Boethius

Orange thinking it's Coral

14 posts in this topic

When we think of ourselves as centered at Green or Yellow or Turquoise or whatever, how do we know that our belief is rooted in reality and that we are not in fact just centered in Orange and thinking of Spiral Dynamics as some sort of a competition that we *must* win? Perhaps the idea of "advancing up the levels" is itself Orange to the core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can just perceive it as observing constantly changing enviroment and adapting to it through creating new solutions and the idea no longer has this orange vibe. Now it has rather yellowish vibe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Furthermore the higher stages are incorporating the ideas of the stages below them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of self improvement kind of emerges at Orange so it makes sense there is a lot of that here, which is fine. Gotta start somewhere.


"Never held a high regard for Darwin, selection takes too long.
A little kick in the pool shouldn't do us wrong.
Devouring the very last invention man would ever need.
But exponential growth is a frightening thing, indeed.
"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People will tell you.


To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

People will tell you.

Explain pls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Espaim said:

Explain pls?

 If you can't rely on yourself to make that judgement, are there really any other options? It's in some ways easier to pinpoint what stage someone else is at than yourself. You don't have to be told it directly, but you can take a hint.


To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Boethius said:

When we think of ourselves as centered at Green or Yellow or Turquoise or whatever, how do we know that our belief is rooted in reality and that we are not in fact just centered in Orange and thinking of Spiral Dynamics as some sort of a competition that we *must* win? Perhaps the idea of "advancing up the levels" is itself Orange to the core.

Because you we become like a carpenter that is skilled at using a variety of tools. Similarly, a spiral wizard can integrate the tools of logic, intuition, magic, creativity, analysis, rational thinking, post-rational etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also wondered the same.  having knowledge of the traits of different stages and the way those stages think and act, doesnt mean you fully lived through the stage?  I can learn how a stage turquoise person would view the world and try and change my world view to match that... but that doesn't mean i am turquoise.  i can think in turquoise but am i actually turqoise?  

 


 

Your future self is watching you right now through memories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

 If you can't rely on yourself to make that judgement, are there really any other options? It's in some ways easier to pinpoint what stage someone else is at than yourself. You don't have to be told it directly, but you can take a hint.

It makes sense. thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will learn Coral when the excess of Turquoise becomes too much for you. If you get to Coral it will be because the Universe wants you to, if not then you belong somewhere else along the lines of Infinity. 


 You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Thewritersunion said:

You will learn Coral when the excess of Turquoise becomes too much for you. If you get to Coral it will be because the Universe wants you to, if not then you belong somewhere else along the lines of Infinity. 

im good where i am, no Coral for me thank you very muchxDxDxD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now