Pilgrim

Anybody Interested in Self-Managed Mentoring?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

I thought I might quickly introduce myself, I am a 29 years old female currently living in France. The last job I worked at was in a public relations agency, before that I worked in marketing related fields in startups. I went to the typical business schools and most of the people around me are in typical corporate jobs. I always chose little agencies or startups cause I knew the corporate world was certainly not my thing.. but in the end I got somewhat exploited in the small companies as well. I am really sick of working as a "wage slave". 

What now?

I am artistically quite talented, I could see myself working as an illustrator and actually make money from that. I am also really thinking about starting a little online shop, a gift shop with cute items for when you quickly need an aesthetic little present. But I am somehow so afraid of moving into that direction. It's as if I would be paralysed. I really have issues taking this leap of faith.. considering my personality and what I need to be happy, I probably have no other choice than doing my own thing.. but I am actually so terrified to make this step. And I have way too many ideas, way too many things I could potentially do... and I end up not being able to decide for ONE thing.

I have not taken Leo's life purpose course yet, but it's on my list. So far I have been intensely focusing on Simon Sinek's "Start with Why" and it's surprisingly difficult to find "your why". There are reasons for it (your "why" is formed in the limbic system, which is responsible for feelings and does not know any language; therefore verbalizing your why takes a lot of time and you will rather "feel" it first and slowly find words for it. This is why you cannot reason or think yourself into your why). Your why is connected to something that is totally innate for you. Something that you are quite likely to even overlook, because the rational part of the brain deems it as unimportant. It's such a natural "skill" to you that you don't really consider it a skill. It's basically so obvious that you cannot see it and truly value it as something special. Because it's not really that special to you. You might feel like this is too easy or too banal or too unimportant to be anything of value, but that's actually where your natural talent very likely lies. So far I have hints for my why, but I have not been able to fully verbalize it yet.  

My question:

I was thinking, maybe some of you are in the same situation? You want to start your own thing, either as freelancer or as solo-entrepreneur, you might have a rough idea but you don't fully know how your concept will look like in the end and you would like to exchange some ideas and also get closer to your "why"? And you would also like to work on what's blocking you? 

I would love to share this process with other people, the "why" process and the process of dealing with limiting beliefs and fear arising. I think what's currently blocking me are my limiting beliefs and not fully knowing my deepest why. I would love to work on this with sort of a support team/self-managed mentoring.. maybe we could work on our limiting beliefs together and share methods that have worked for us etc.? 

Anybody interested? :x

Edited by Pilgrim

I was in the same spot about a year ago. I have literally thousands of cool ideas in my OneNote. I realised that working on someone else's ideas was never going to be fulfilling long-term.

Since then I have actually been able to choose something (with some detours here and there), that I've been working towards now. Seems to be going well, but very early stages and still so much to do...

I'd be happy to spar, you can message me.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I never heard of Simon Sineks: "starting with why".

But it reminded me of Nietzsche's:     "if you know the why, you can live any how".

I am also not in touch with my raison d'être yet, and I am excited to look into what you brought up here about the limbic system and such.

And similar to your situation, I feel that the reason I cannot figure out my Why is potentially because of a limiting belief. Although, I am not sure if this belief is limiting me or if it is valid. And I know we shouldn't assume that other people will have the answer for us, but maybe if we explain the context; someone out there can say something that will trigger a shift in out current belief systems.

The Life Purpose Course will help you to identify your values and your "why." I wouldn't put it off any longer. It is very comprehensive and will help you to get on track. It will help you avoid avoid years working towards dead ends and falling into traps. I found my purpose through the course and I would not be anywhere close to where I am now with my creating my career without it. It's well worth the money.

I have been contemplating limiting beliefs and strategies for my business recently and would be happy to work with you on them. Just message me.

Bonne chance