kras

I lost 8 years of my life going out, considering monk mode

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I recently started retrospecting my behavior the last 10 years. I realized that i lost so much hours of time which i could have invested in something that could make me better and more valuable for the market. 

The problem is that when i got home tired from work its very tempting to go out with friend when he invite you. Instead of building something that i am passionate about like carrer/business i just hang out because its easier. So if i keep doing that i will be stuck in a career i dont like forever, and i wont develop myself to my full potential.

Yes, for me is very important to develop very good social skills and become very good with girls and find a girlfriend who i really like. The problem is that if i keep doing that shit i wont be able to develop myself because the focus and time that i need its not enough if i go out. 

I am considering for going monk mode for couple of months and focus on learning new skills to change my career.

2 minutes ago, kras said:

Hey guys,

I recently started retrospecting my behavior the last 10 years. I realized that i lost so much hours of time which i could have invested in something that could make me better and more valuable for the market. 

The problem is that when i got home tired from work its very tempting to go out with friend when he invite you. Instead of building something that i am passionate about like carrer/business i just hang out because its easier. So if i keep doing that i will be stuck in a career i dont like forever, and i wont develop myself to my full potential.

Yes, for me is very important to develop very good social skills and become very good with girls and find a girlfriend who i really like. The problem is that if i keep doing that shit i wont be able to develop myself because the focus and time that i need its not enough if i go out. 

I am considering for going monk mode for couple of months and focus on learning new skills to change my career.

PS: I am 27 years old 

Edited by kras

Yes please do it. Socialization can take a chunk out of your life without knowing it. 

Well socialization is generally healthy, but only in healthy environments. 

So the best is to cut it out. 

Focus solely on your growth and your goals 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

54 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Yes please do it. Socialization can take a chunk out of your life without knowing it. 

Well socialization is generally healthy, but only in healthy environments. 

So the best is to cut it out. 

Focus solely on your growth and your goals 

Yeah i must do that.. When i think how much time i spent hanging out with same friends dicussing same topics over and over and over again. Not to mention the fact that i was a yes guy and i used to feel very bad if i reject some friends to go out with them.

That is little of topic but when i think about it my friends have never supported me when i share something with them. 

When i share what car for example i am going to buy they just start saying shit about how stupid this car is, or if i say what type of career i might pursue they will start questioning my ability to perform that kind of work.  

Might have to upgrade your friends how long have you known them? Hard to advance forward when your group is "holding you back"

You need to start surround yourself with higher quality people. This does not mean you just stop hanging out with your old friends, but limit the time you spend with them. It sound like you were working on your social skills at first, but it seems like you were just hanging out with friends. That's not really working on your social skills. There is nothing that trumps cold approach pickup in a nightclub for developing overall social skills. At least as far as I'm aware. If you're going to be socializing with a purpose, you must do that. Get a mentor, get coaching, etc. 

On your own time, do the Life Purpose course. You are wasting your life if you don't do it. It's absolutely amazing for figuring out what you want to do and why you want to do it. Once you have that down, you need to start finding groups of people doing that same thing. Get into a mastermind, create one of your own with likeminded people.

Listen very, very carefully. You will make progress you cannot even imagine if  you surround yourself with the right people. If you don't take that to heart, just give up now. Seriously, give up. You are shooting yourself in the foot if you don't get with the right people. You have to make the choice, today, whether you're capable of succeeding with your goals. Either do the thing the people who have what you want tell you to do, or be unsuccessful. Your choice. 

@kras Hi, 28 years old here. When I was 27 I came to a similar conclusion, that I had two conflicting goals. Start a business, and learn pickup so as to become a massive player. Both take all the free time. I made a choice. So can you!

The pickup gurus will have you believe that you need to regularly go out or you'll never find someone. It's BS. Focus on your goal and trust the Universe to provide you with the right people.

Good luck!

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/