The_Truth_Seeker

"Men should embrace their inner feminine." Young guys should avoid this idea totally.

64 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cykaaaa said:

Even if it's made up, it's a useful distinction.

These are different types of attitude, ways of seeing the world :x and interacting with it.

https://www.meditatecenter.com/what-is-masculine-energy/

It's impossible to put into words how it feels. It cannot be proved. Just embrace it!

Sometimes it's great to be the king of the world ;) and sometimes it's great to surrender to it.

Why do you assume being king of the world is masculine? 

Once again youre being deliberatly obscure by saying like the other guy "Its just exists". That doesnt cut the mustard. 

Why not let go of made up distinctions? Heres the real relative truth (lol). You are male. Thats it. Nothing more needed to add. No need to "act" masculine, keyword there is act, acting is inauthentic, just be you, without all the extra baggage, youll be happier and freer. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles For many guys, "being yourself" or just "being male" doesn't cut it. Stop saying this. If a guy has to swing his pendulum to overly masculine in order to attract women and have success in general, let him do it. If he has to integrate feminine to live happier, let him do it. "Being yourself", in most cases, is being underdeveloped. That's not good.

Edited by Peter Miklis

1 minute ago, Peter Miklis said:

@Rilles For many guys, "being yourself" doesn't cut it. Stop saying this. If a guy has to swing his pendulum to overly masculine in order to attract women and have success in general, let him do it. If he has to integrate feminine to live happier, let him do it. "Being yourself", in most cases, is being underdeveloped. That's not good.

When it comes to attraction thats different, I agree that a huge amount of acting is necessary when it comes to dating. Im just saying realize that is what it is, posturing and acting to fit into cultural norms, just like how women will wear more make-up and a short skirt when they go on a date and not at home sitting on the sofa, eating potato chips. 

14 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

I feel authentic and alive when I embrace my masculine side and its qualities (when I feel like it). I LOVE it, I'm excited by it. This is not an act, posturing or trying to fit into social norms. Ironically, mostly I do it out of authenticity ^_^ 

Other times, I dive into my feminine side. Both sides are part of me. There is no conflict. 

But why feel the need to divide your personality into two? Why are you "feminine" when you dive into your feelings? Why cant you just own all your sides without making them feminine or masculine? This I dont get.

When people say "feel into your feminine" it is almost as if they can accept this part of themselves as just... human... And not based on gender. 

Edited by Rilles

@Rilles i would give it more respect, gender is one of the seven universal laws/principles governing reality according to the hermetics. It's as simple as giving (masculine), and receiving (feminine). Using these descriptors or pointers is a great way to expose and cut out behaviors and beliefs not serving, the desire for acceptance, freedom/expansion, inner balance/vitality, and empowerment. Sadly, many have very distorted views of what love and connection is because they're needing to heal those traumas that keep themselves in states of fragmentation 

@The_Truth_Seeker what's needed is to heal the inner feminine, not cling to it and it's just as important to heal the inner masculine without overly relying on it to meet one's needs, imbalances in either, as in, suppressed parts, resorts in toxic or manipulative behaviors and judgement 

Edited by DrewNows

I think that to be more masculine, you must understand and embrace the feminine.

Am I the only one that doesn't see the two as mutually exclusive?

It's Love.

Repression of the feminine side doesn't make a man more masculine. And integration of the masculine side isn't precluded by integrating the feminine side. To be masculine doesn't entail being free from the feminine side.

Masculinity and femininity are inborn qualities. You can't change them. You can either do the healthy thing and own them or repress them and suffer the consequences.

And men who try to try to repress their feminine side usually just end up expressing tons of shadow feminine qualities like spitefulness, pettiness, and insecurity. And this is because they haven't integrated their feminine side, so it comes out in more denigrated forms. 

When a man has integrated his feminine side, it comes out in the form of deeper social acuity, emotional intelligence, and a deeper connection to his inner compass and personal sovereignty. 

Also, a great number of masculine qualities cannot be integrated without integrating the feminine side. For example, personal sovereignty and the ability to have firm boundaries and stand up for one's self can only be integrated if the person has developed the capacity for emotional sensitivity.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

10 hours ago, Rilles said:

There is no such thing as feminine or masculine energy. Its a made up construct. 

Actually, Yin and Yang is at least phenomenologically real as it's an observable phenomenon. You can notice them in a state of sensitivity to them. I have experienced these qualities before.

They interplay in all living and non-living systems. And it isn't based upon social constructs... though many social constructs are derived from them.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

4 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Actually, Yin and Yang is at least phenomenologically real as it's an observable phenomenon. You can notice them in a state of sensitivity to them. I have experienced these qualities before.

They interplay in all living and non-living systems. And it isn't based upon social constructs... though many social constructs are derived from them.

Please provide me with an observable view of the Yin and Yang, that would be the discovery of the century. :) Im open to it.

How do you know you experienced that? Are you sure? 50% 70% 99%?

@Cykaaaa Thanks for your reply, guess Im somewhat satisified with that, or just tired of talking about it. :D whatever works for people I guess. 

Edited by Rilles

9 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

It's biology, dude.

It's not just biology. It's in all things... living and non-living. It's a cosmic principle that informs but supersedes human gender and sexuality.

9 hours ago, Rilles said:

I dont want to argue, I just see the words feminine and masculine energy being thrown around in New Age circles and the forum and nobody even questions if its actually real or just a buzzword. 

Where is this energy? Can we find it? Why is it anthropomorphized? Do animals have it too? Just asking yall to think twice about concepts you use.

@The_Truth_Seeker That sounds like belief and dogma to me. "It just exists". 

You can experience it directly. No dogma. Just experience.

Also, it's depicted by humans in an anthropomorphized way. But that's because we need a way to depict it in symbolic language. The energies are subtle and defy categorization.

But if we talk about them symbolically, we can call them masculine/feminine or depict them as man/woman or God/Goddess.

So, there is the raw, observable phenomenon. Then, there are the symbolic understandings that human beings use to understand them. One is observable... the other is either archetypal and/or cultural depiction of what that core experience is.

Emotionalmastery.org

6 minutes ago, Emerald said:

It's not just biology. It's in all things... living and non-living. It's a cosmic principle that informs but supersedes human gender and sexuality.

You can experience it directly. No dogma. Just experience.

How?

Also, it's depicted by humans in an anthropomorphized way. But that's because we need a way to depict it in symbolic language. The energies are subtle and defy categorization.

Okay so the energies are not really feminine or masculine... we just call them that? How do they create the female and male roles? Does a passive man have alot of female energy or a lack of masculine energy? Can we measure it? Sorry to sound so overly materialistic/rational but sometimes thats a tool thats useful. 

But if we talk about them symbolically, we can call them masculine/feminine or depict them as man/woman or God/Goddess.

So, there is the raw, observable phenomenon. Then, there are the symbolic understandings that human beings use to understand them. One is observable... the other is either archetypal and/or cultural depiction of what that core experience is.

As a symbolic construct I can see its usefulness. But thats all I see it as now, a philosophical idea, like seeing the ocean as a deep and mysterious woman or something, lol.

19 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Please provide me with an observable view of the Yin and Yang, that would be the discovery of the century. :) Im open to it.

How do you know you experienced that? Are you sure? 50% 70% 99%?

@Cykaaaa Thanks for your reply, guess Im somewhat satisified with that, or just tired of talking about it. :D whatever works for people I guess. 

I can't give you an observable view of the Yin/Yang phenomenon any more than I can give you an observable view of ego transcendence.

These are laden within the subjective experience, and I couldn't transmit them to you even if my life depended on it.

Imagine that we are both blind people and most everyone on Earth is also blind. But I had several experiences where my vision came back online and I could see for a short period of time.

And then, with the memory of that experience, I told you about color and attempted to describe it to you. And then you said, "Please provide me with an observable view of color." and to prove my claim and provide evidence. 

But the only way for you to actually get evidence is for you to have a similar experience of vision in your direct experience. There is nothing that I could show you, if you don't already see it, that would persuade you to the existence of color. And the only value my persuasion has is to open you up to the possibility of being receptive to color in the future. 

Now, of course I know exactly 0% about anything. I don't even know that I'm typing in this conversation for sure. Maybe the universe just began a split second ago and me writing this message is just a false memory. So, I know 0% just like every other person on the planet right now.

But in so far as I can be sure of anything and can trust my direct experience and my memories of my direct experience, I'm 100% sure that they're real. You can experience them phenomenologically in your subjective experience. 

Note: I will come back and answer your other questions in a bit. 

Edited by Emerald

Emotionalmastery.org

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

How?

Okay so the energies are not really feminine or masculine... we just call them that? How do they create the female and male roles? Does a passive man have alot of female energy or a lack of masculine energy? Can we measure it? Sorry to sound so overly materialistic/rational but sometimes thats a tool thats useful. 

As a symbolic construct I can see its usefulness. But thats all I see it as now, a philosophical idea, like seeing the ocean as a deep and mysterious woman or something, lol.

@Rilles Turn your scepticism towards your scepticism. Right now you're trying to prove it doesn't exsist.

Entertain the idea and see if you can notice a difference in energy between men and woman. Stop theorizing and trying to quantify it, investigate if you can feel some differences in the quality of the energy.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

3 minutes ago, SamC said:

@Rilles Turn your scepticism towards your scepticism. Right now you're trying to prove it doesn't exsist.

Entertain the idea and see if you can notice a difference in energy between men and woman. Stop theorizing and trying to quantify it, investigate if you can find some differences

I have met masculine women and feminine women. So that doesnt prove anything. Now youll say "Ah but they mustve had more male energy or not in been in touch with their feminine side" and so we go in a circle.

Edited by Rilles

I can't give you an observable view of the Yin/Yang phenomenon any more than I can give you an observable view of ego transcendence.

These are laden within the subjective experience, and I couldn't transmit them to you even if my life depended on it.

Imagine that we are both blind people and most everyone on Earth is also blind. But I had several experiences where my vision came back online and I could see for a short period of time.

And then, with the memory of that experience, I told you about color and attempted to describe it to you. And then you said, "Please provide me with an observable view of color." and to prove my claim and provide evidence. 

But the only way for you to actually get evidence is for you to have a similar experience of vision in your direct experience. There is nothing that I could show you, if you don't already see it, that would persuade you to the existence of color. And the only value my persuasion has is to open you up to the possibility of being receptive to color in the future. 

Now, of course I know exactly 0% about anything. I don't even know that I'm typing in this conversation for sure. Maybe the universe just began a split second ago and me writing this message is just a false memory. So, I know 0% just like every other person on the planet right now.

But in so far as I can be sure of anything and can trust my direct experience and my memories of my direct experience, I'm 100% sure that they're real. You can experience them phenomenologically in your subjective experience. 

Note: I will come back and answer your other questions in a bit. 

freaking brilliant

It's Love.

@Rilles what are we even arguing here about? Isn't masculine and feminine behavour observable in the real world? How can we possibly say they don't exist and they are constructs? Such a nonsensical debate.

Edited by Peter Miklis

9 minutes ago, Peter Miklis said:

@Rilles what are we even arguing here about? Isn't masculine and feminine behavour observable in the real world? How can we possibly say they don't exist and they are constructs? Such a nonsensical debate.

Im arguing that the idea of feminine or masculine energy is more of a construct than something we can actually observe. A buzzword people throw around without contemplating what it really means. Anyone who can somehow prove to me it is real gets a cookie. To me it seems like Stage Green dogma that has been overlooked. 

Edited by Rilles

Just now, Rilles said:

I have met masculine women and feminine women. So that doesnt prove anything. Now youll say "Ah but they mustve had more male energy or not in touch with their feminine" and so we go in a circle.

@Rilles So what are we doing here than? You yourself know experimentally that the masculine and feminine energy exists by direct experiece. Of course we all have different amount of this energi but what does that really prove other than that the masculine and feminine energy exsist?

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Im arguing that the idea of feminine or masculine energy is more of a construct than something we can actually observe. A buzzword people throw around without contemplating what it really means. Anyone who can somehow prove to me it is real gets a cookie. To me it seems like Stage Green dogma that has been overlooked. 

I think you're onto something.

I notice that people do throw around the term "energy" without reverence.

That being said, don't dismiss Emerald as "stage green dogma" LOL... her perspective is Turquoise.

Maybe there IS such a thing as energy; but if there is, it'd be a deeply personal and subjective thing... try to be open to that possibility :)

Personal & subjective CAN = Truth (if you're open to it).

Freaky, I know.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.