GreenLight

I am not enlightened

21 posts in this topic

This is the best insight i had in years. 

I am so tired of seeing everyone flexing their spiritual egos with "i am enlightened this" or "i am enlightened that". 

Just because we had some spiritual experience does not mean we are liberated.

Cause i am damn sure my stupid ass ain't liberated. 

I am finally jumping off this bandwagon of spiritual circle jerking.

And will start to do some real work.

That's good. It's funny when people make posts like "x happened, am I enlightened?". Of course not! xD There is nothing subtle about it. It cannot be missed.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You think your going to get yourself Enlightened?

Good luck!

: )

@GreenLight The thinker is not enlightened. Raise your left arm spontaneously, and realise there's just arm-raising. No ego. Now the ego will highjack this with thoughts. "Okay let's see what is going to happen if I raise my left arm", "I raised the arm, who else would do that". But thoughts have no substance. They just "think" about stuff that is happening, and make it seem like the thoughts are in control, but thoughts aren't.

I am going to create a duality here for you to realise it, don't take it as something spiritual, but inquire into it.

When you respond to me, observe the difference between the typing and the thinking about what you type. The typer is enlightened, there's typing and there is thoughts. "I am not enlightened" is referring to the ego. "I am the Body" doesn't mean anything, because it's just thoughts thinking thoughts. There is no controling "I" inside your head. That's the illusory lower self I. But if you say I, you refer to the thinker. You are not (only) the thinker.

One year ago, I hated people pointing this out to me when I was in the same situation. "BUT THE ILLUSION FEELS REAL". No most of the time the illusion is not even present!

I'm not sure you should proceed, but if I was you I would try to see the absurdity of thinking "I am going to raise my left arm now" then to raise the arm. And then you do something spontaneously afterwards. Maybe that's going to make you realise that the thoughts about doing things are just noise. YOU do that, don't THINK why "you" (ego you) should or shouldn't do that. 

Do things in-between thoughts. This is not classical self inquiry, it doesn't even need practice. You know you are doing it right, when you realise the absurdity and are a little confused and laugh. It's very liberating.

Some people call that enlightenment, (I call it liberation from ego). You can forget that you are liberated from ego. In fact there's nothing you can do to remember it.

But enlightenment is something like realising the godliness of self/existence. Then there is also liberation from suffering, no amount of physical pain can make you suffer. I guess (but could be wrong) nobody on this forum is "permanently" liberated from physical pain.

I wonder what y'all intellectual understanding is of Enlightment?

What i mean is the "individual" is permanently united with the 7th principle i.e. Atman. Which is identical to The Absolute real. In so he attained union (yoga) between the lower and the higher. And thus is liberated and can enter Nirvana.

Just because someone had a glimpse of Atman or the real self. Does not mean he is enlightened.

I had multitude of "Enlightment" experiences but sure am not enlightened. As that would imply that i have transcended greed, hatred, and delusion. Thus united permanently with the Real.

I have only seen only 1 person who is permanently united with the 7th principle.

And that is not some self-proclaimed "Arhat" that does mukbang on youtube.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

well if your upset by other spiritual egos 'out there' 

your just projecting your secret hatred for your own spiritual ego within yourself.

8 hours ago, Byun Sean said:

well if your upset by other spiritual egos 'out there' 

your just projecting your secret hatred for your own spiritual ego within yourself.

Damn, that hit me right on the spot xD

Edited by GreenLight

On 3/18/2021 at 3:01 AM, GreenLight said:

This is the best insight i had in years. 

I am so tired of seeing everyone flexing their spiritual egos with "i am enlightened this" or "i am enlightened that". 

Just because we had some spiritual experience does not mean we are liberated.

Cause i am damn sure my stupid ass ain't liberated. 

I am finally jumping off this bandwagon of spiritual circle jerking.

And will start to do some real work.

Yes, the spiritualized ego can happen if one isn't careful.

It's a trap you need to avoid.

Focus on loving everyone you see. Imagine them all having angel wings.

If i'm trying to get enlightened, i'm trying to get enlightened. If i'm listening to music, i'm listening to music. If i'm walking in the park, i'm walking in the park. There's no escape.

1 hour ago, This said:

i'm trying to

This is a good one to contemplate. What is, who is, trying to and intending to? I like to watch the process of apparent free will, the energy of intention and concentration. How this is connected to the apparent ego self. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Fuck man, neither am I. In fact I'm so unenlightened that I don't even really know what enlightenment is. Beat that, haha.

Thanks for sharing.  I don't know why, but seeing various claims has never perturbed me.  I've had what I consider a very mild jealousy when I've wished for the experiences the person mentioned.

Being un-enlightened seems to be the minority here, so maybe you should do a AMA thread so they can pick your brain on how to reverse the process.

Enlightenment only happens while realizing the now - so already saying I am X is wrong.  Speaking it is duality.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?