Someone here

Why is reality the way it is?

111 posts in this topic

@Someone here

Sorry to hear that man, I really am. Definitely been ‘there’ and I don’t take it lightly on your behalf. It sounds like you’re at or near “rock bottom”, which to me is an indication things are about to change. 

Op...Why is reality the way it is?

It’s for your experience of it. It won’t make sense any other way. 

How do you feel about your vision of what’s unfolding, what’s to come, where your life is headed? 

Could you readily rattle of a list of ten things you want to experience?

If not, what about twenty things & aspects you don’t want?

And do those questions also bring to mind some specific conditions, like ‘yeah but first I have to change x, y and or z.....then I can focus on what I want’. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 minutes ago, saif2 said:

@seeking_brilliance i resonate with this phrase, how am I like this

try to hold the phrase in your mind, and without thinking about it, let it reverberate, echo, and make ripples. See what arises. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Nahm thank you for trying to help. 

On 3/22/2021 at 3:42 PM, Nahm said:

How do you feel about your vision of what’s unfolding, what’s to come, where your life is headed? 

Nothin. I'm stuck at a taxing job where I have to show up every day for five hours while being a uni student simultaneously. It's taxing on me and I'm not optimistic about it. It makes feel hopeless and depressed. 

On 3/22/2021 at 3:42 PM, Nahm said:

Could you readily rattle of a list of ten things you want to experience?

If not, what about twenty things & aspects you don’t want?

And do those questions also bring to mind some specific conditions, like ‘yeah but first I have change x, y and or z.....then I can focus on what I want’. ?0

Yes I can come up with these lists. And I can go about achieving them ASAP.  Hope that help. Although I doubt it will, in the long run. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Nothin. I'm stuck at a taxing job where I have to show up every day for five hours while being a uni student simultaneously. It's taxing on me and I'm not optimistic about it. It makes feel hopeless and depressed. 

We gotta recognize that perspective doesn’t feel good, and thus isn’t serving you. 

You could make a clean cut with by checking in with what’s actual. You’re not really stuck, you could call and quit right now. Obviously probably not a wise move in terms of action, but very wise in recognizing the perspective doesn’t feel aligned (good) because it isn’t true. 

You could sooth that perspective to a better one, by ‘listening’ to feeling....’ok, clearly that feels off...am I really stuck here, will this be the only job I experience for the rest of my life...clearly no...do other people change jobs, change perspectives...yes...’

You can also change the channel of perspective so to speak, to appreciation. ‘What can I appreciate about this...where is this headed....well I am learning some stuff...I’m making money...and this can lead to getting a degree...and a job I want more, that is more stimulating, more preferred, and comes with a higher income, maybe something even beyond that, why not’. 

You can also change perspectives existentially...(wiggles fingers, moves feet)...’ok, I’m not like, literally, really, actually stuck here’. 

Any which way you get there, ‘there’ is a change in how you’re interpreting your situation...a change which feels better to you. Why is that so important? It is the opposite of anxiety. When you’re feeling great, aligned, flowin, you’re on top of the world, unstoppable, “problems” seem insignificant, solutions abundant, enthusiasm rampant & boundless. 

I suggest getting really familiar with the emotional scale, and here’s why. When you think in terms of “I’m stuck”, you’re thinking about yourself - notice the thought is very literally “I” = “stuck”. Really appreciate this. Words which follow “I am” or “I’m” are powerful. Saying “I’m stuck” is going to be met with the true nature ‘saying’...”uh, the hell you talkin about my man...you’re free and you got me, infinite intelligence, guiding’. What you’re feeling is that discord with the true nature. Unfortunately, (I totally did it too) instead of listening to that guidance of how you feel, you labelled it, ‘anxiety’... and continued focusing on the same or similar perspectives of discord. Again, I feel for ya, I been there. Tried multiple dr’s and medications until I finally said ‘alright fuck it this ain’t workin, it’s my attitude, my perspective and I’ll change it’. 

Again, why the emotional scale? Look at the difference in terms of interpretation.....

a) “I’m stuck”. Feels terrible but that’s all there is to it. It’s not me, it’s the job, the work, my situation, circumstances, it’s taxing and sucks. 

b) (looks at scale....) (hopefully more helpful in terms of aligning thought & feeling...than it is a ‘text wall’...and I don’t believe lightening up and having fun with life ever hurt anyone)

LOA-Emotional-Scale.png

‘Ok, where am I at on the damn scale....uh let’s see...fucking hopeless & depressed...sooo....I guess that’s powerlessness...am I feeling jealousy?...the hell’s that even mean or have to do with anything?...if you mean do I see people living carefree happy lives with all the shit they want, doin the things they want...and I also want that, then, ya, ok, I’m feeling jealousy...there’s a lot of shit I want to have & experience too, ya.... am I angry?....I’d kinda rather put boxing gloves on than read this shit...ya I’m angry...and yes, I’m discouraged...blame, oh God yes, totally not my fault...why folks don’t need a class & a license to have kids is beyond me...and what the hell are schools and teachers doing anyways, total pyramid scheme...does this make me worry, uh, hell ya it does...I wanna be doing what I wanna be doing and this shit ain’t easy, feels like I’ll waste my life trying to get there....do I feel doubt...well, ya...I doubt shit’s gonna work out honestly, sometimes I doubt I can persevere and make it through this...do I feel disappointment, uh, only everyday....I fuckin wake up disappointed with the shit I gotta do...seems like things should be way easier, and there’s just way too much goin on, what the hell’s my life purpose, how the hell am I gonna make enough money when I’m young and don’t have the qualifications & experience of those I’m competing with?!...who the hell wants to work in the first place, doesn’t even seem worth it....do I feel overwhelment...psh, did Genghis Kahn like sex?...hell ya I’m feelin overwhelment...is it frustrating, do I feel irritation & impatience...would you like a slap in the face right now?...uh, yes, yes I do...does it leave me feeling pessimism?...ya...I don’t see it getting better....do I feel boredom sometimes?...the fucks that got to do with anything?... ya, I totally do though... sometimes I got energy like King MF Kong and I’m sitting here doin nothin and it’s like I’m not focused or something, and it’s lame and I don’t know what to do about it really....do I experience contentment? Ah fuck no. Well. Maybe. Sometimes I read somethin, or hear somethin in a video or whatever, and I kind get this whole “The Now” stuff, I feel it sometimes, this peace...can I ‘dial into it’...well, this scale’s turning out to shed a little light...starting to see how focusing on certain perspectives that don’t feel good has a sort of build up of tension effect, and expressing like this releases some of that tension, feels a little better I guess...kinda lame and feminine but whatever, I’m kinda done with what ain’t workin and really just wanna feel good...starting to see how this scale clears the tension out in a way...and ya, I can see how expressing like this, and being where I am, dialing into seeing, hearing, feeling, relaxing the body...maybe recognizing some perspectives just don’t feel good & choosing better feeling thoughts does ....kinda...feel like ...contentment...so, ya...hopeful though?...I don’t know...still gots the same problems....but maybe that’s the point of contentment...I can feel the “problem perspective”...I do kinda say everything is a “problem” a lot, and it doesn’t feel good...there are times I’m not focused on problem perspectives...and ya, I feel the difference...I could slow down a pinch and feel my way to some hopefulness I suppose...maybe I could use a break...get away for a weekend, a few days...clear my head...maybe I’ll just schedule something, anything like that...and look forward to it...ya...I can feel that now, I can recognize hopefulness...I don’t know or understand really why I’m reluctant to feel good, but ya, I can feel hopefulness....shit can get better, apparently lots of people go through difficult times and it doesn’t last forever...can I feel positive expectations? Optimism?...well, at this point, what choice do I have really?...I pretty much have to...I gotta focus in some better feeling ways, I’ve really had enough of this stress and tension, and I do kinda wanna get this ‘guidance’ of feeling thing...this ‘magic of alignment’ feeling..ya...enthusiasm, eagerness, happiness....ok, honestly, that feels like a reach...but your gd dreamboard thingy does come to mind...and again, there is stuff I want, money, relationship maybe, a house maybe, some travel...it’s crossed my mind before, the idea of self employment, starting a business...not sure what that’d look like, but I can kinda see how the dreamboard serves this purpose...how I might wake up in disappointment...but then I’m gonna see that board, with all the shit I want on it, and I can think about that instead and feel good about it, I can relax and play a little, fantasize a bit, as if I already have it and am feeling as such...I mean, what do I got to lose at this point?...can’t get much miserabler, gotta change something...people are always saying stuff like “be the change you wish to see”, and “you create your own reality”...and ya, maybe sometimes I’m hot headed, close minded, and ya, I feel it when I am, so maybe some change in perspective and some “alignment” is in order for me...can I feel passion right now?...the fuck man, come on, get serious...my life totally suc-...oh wait...that’s one of those not good feeling perspectives ain’t it....passion’s kinda about that dreamboard ain’t it...starting to get those lists you mentioned...it makes sense...I do focus more on what I don’t want, than what I do want...and filling up a “dreamboard” with what I do want... as “wishful thinking” and airy-fairy-ish as it is...uh, ya, I guess it makes some sense...maybe all that stuff, all those experiences I actually do want would come into focus...from me seeing them, and kinda, effortlessly focusing on them each day....I can see how passion could arise the more I dial in on that board, into what I really want....I can see how thinking all this shit in my head ain’t working...and how it could “unfold” on the board, and I can see how that would feel good and even empowering.......joy, appreciation, empowerment, freedom, love...come on bruh, be real...that’s just what lucky rich genetically superior people sa-....oh snap...that was me focusing on the perspectives that don’t even feel good again....ok...so maybe there’s something to this “reality’s a dream”...and.... a dreamboard, focus, and aligning thought with feeling....MAYBE...but why the fuck not... I guess I can see there is momentum to focus, and it would be pretty easy to focus on what I want and feel good about it seeing it everyday on my board....hell...I could take a picture and even when I’m at work and school...doing shit I don’t honestly love....I could mentally be focused more on where I’m headed...what I want in a bigger picture....focused on what feels good....and I could appreciate, a little, this bullshit I gotta do to survive, as it does make some sense this, is me on my way to, that....and I can kinda grasp how I can imagine & fantasize...and feel that...and connect it with this, which is becoming that, and kinda of is that already really....a bit....I mean, what the hell else am I gonna do?...argue against my own joy?...just to focus in ways that don’t feel good....to me? Kinda had enough of that...joy’s sounding pretty good...maybe I do, kinda, care about it, about how I feel. 

Still the best speech I’ve ever heard....

Still the single most effective (and simplest) tool I’ve seen...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=focus+wheel+app&t=ipad&ia=web

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Someone here i think it's obvious. Studying and then spending hours in a monotonous job can be hell, or a pleasure. it completely depends on how you perceive it. do an experiment: when you are with the taxi, pay attention to your thoughts. detects which of them are self-referential. you will see that many. they do not have to be: ohh poor me, enough that they refer to you, even indirectly. when you have them identified, block them. It is not a question of having a blank mind, only of blocking that particular type of thought. If you get it even for a little while, the magic will happen. where is the bad? what is the problem? it's just those thoughts. being in the taxi sucks total shit, I'm not saying otherwise. but it is a test! if you manage to forget about yourself in the taxi ... the world is yours brother

@Nahm Thanks for sharing that great content.

Have to say I tried this 3 hour sleep thing for a while but didn't really work x D
Maybe it was the Armodafinil combined with coffeein, too. It often occurs that I want it so bad, that I start to scream "fuck you all, I want it more than everybody else" in my room of course, were I locked myself in for over a year now to get this done..

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

5 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

@Nahm Thanks for sharing that great content.

Have to say I tried this 3 hour sleep thing for a while but didn't really work x D
Maybe it was the Armodafinil combined with coffeein, too. It often occurs that I want it so bad, that I start to scream "fuck you all, I want it more than everybody else" in my room of course, were I locked myself in for over a year now to get this done..

Lol what is about 3 hours sleep?

14 minutes ago, Heaven said:

Lol what is about 3 hours sleep?

It was 3 hours a day for a week or so. Had to do with creating a business plan for a grant. I also had a time with only 2-5 hours per day for about 8 months related to health issues back then. And it doesn't felt comfortable but didn't get a stroke or something even I still worked my ass off.. So I don't think it is that dangerous if you are younger, but the effectiveness wasn't that good for me. Currently, it is like I would kill somebody for success if it would be necessary and no risk would be involved.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right