Someone here

Why is reality the way it is?

111 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, freejoy said:

The "first" quantum partical that spin out of infinite nothingness to "work" i.e. to be able to reiterate itself so all things could be created by it.

Nice. A self replicating entity? That would make reality equal to this particle? Could you get structure out of reiteration? What about balance? What is reiteration, is it just copying? Is the copying perfect or imperfect?

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

2 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Nice. A self replicating entity? That would make reality equal to this particle? Could you get structure out of reiteration? What about balance?

A self replicating quantum mathematical equation. It would have to perfect balance in a way that it could not flutter out.

@LastThursdaysomething is nothingness structured. they are not opposites since they are basically the same, the question would be: is the "act" of structuring something? it is like a thought, therefore it is not something in the material sense, but I would not call it "nothing" either.

the only possibility that nothing has a structure is that it really does not have it ... that it is an appearance. But where is the difference between real and appearance? There is not. Appearance became real in the moment that it is

Structure is shape? I'd say yes. 

But there is a difficult question: how the nothing thinks?

2 minutes ago, freejoy said:

A self replicating quantum mathematical equation. It would have to perfect balance in a way that it could not flutter out.

How about a Turing machine running a non-terminating program? A Turing machine being the embodiment of what a calculation is, i.e. it is the base form of mathematical manipulation. A Turing machine requires an infinite one-dimensional tape though. Stephen Wolfram looked as cellular automata as a base for reality, he numbered them for convenience. One of the cellular automata is Turing complete (equivalent to a Turing machine). Cellular automata have extremely simple rules for each iteration. Some flutter out some don't.

3 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

How about a Turing machine running a non-terminating program? A Turing machine being the embodiment of what a calculation is, i.e. it is the base form of mathematical manipulation. A Turing machine requires an infinite one-dimensional tape though. Stephen Wolfram looked as cellular automata as a base for reality, he numbered them for convenience. One of the cellular automata is Turing complete (equivalent to a Turing machine). Cellular automata have extremely simple rules for each iteration. Some flutter out some don't.

Interesting. I've never heard of it.

@Breakingthewall could something just be all structure? So structure is just appearance or thought? Can thought imagine nothing, and call it a something without structure? Is reality just (a) thought? Is this just cheating, by equating thought and reality? Is thought just reality?

Edited by LastThursday

20 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

something is nothingness structured.

@Breakingthewall How do you come to that conclusion?

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

How do you come to that conclusion?

With psychedelics, and lately meditating, and even sleeping, I realized that behind the appearance of "something" is an unlimited well of nothing. I have seen my person dissolve and reach the nucleus, and see that there is no nucleus, only emptiness. I speak according to that repeated realization, which although it is revealed as obvious and real may not be the truth, of course.

@Tim R well, behind that empty well of nothing ... there is something. the singularity, the being that is where there is neither how nor why. the only reality that exists. me. But the problem is that this is so while it is like this. later, in the memory, there is a tendency to doubt, to masturbation, which is what we are doing now

@Tim R sorry for rambling. How did you get to that conclusion? Well, if reality is nothingness, but here we are, perceiving "things", would it be that these things are made of nothing ... what else can it be?

@Someone here 

Appreciating the number of questions asked on the forum through you. ;) 

Reality seems to be designed in some particular way if there is a belief in separation (illusion). The most satisfying answer would be it is designed in such a way for enjoyment.

You can't understand reality by overthinking. Reality is understanding, for understanding the understanding it's enough to be as understanding, not as apparent thinker. :P

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

26 minutes ago, allislove said:

The most satisfying answer would be it is designed in such a way for enjoyment.

could be, but seeing the abundance of human suffering, it doesn't seem like it. speculating completely I would say: God wants to be material. For that he has created this universe that evolves, increases in complexity, until creating beings that are its complete incarnation. and here we are working on it

5 hours ago, roopepa said:

Why do you care?

I don't.  Or... do I? 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here you have tried to kill me twice, and you have write my fate too. Is there any way for it to be changed? 

Can you explain to me what is happening? Or have you went to a lower state too? 

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Been contemplating this question for a while... 

Why is reality structured exactly the way it is??  We have 3D space.. We have planets and galaxies.. Human beings need air.. Food and water to thrive.. There is special physical laws like gravity and conservation of energy etc..... It's as if reality is a grand design and everything was sit into place intentionally 

Is this reality a design ? And why is it designed this way and not some other way? 

almost nailed it you missed a word though ... it is grand ONE'S design, take each first letter ... greatest of designs ... if you will ... ever

when asked what is god

ramana maharshi replied

what is

is god

Edited by gettoefl

There is no real distance or position to know what or why reality is. The real distance to reality exists only as a facet or happening in reality. Science and even spirituality are only facets of reality exploring other facets. When there is an illusion of being seperate and a part of reality a need to know what this is arises. That need to know is never really satisfied because it is based on a false claim which says that there is such a thing called reality outside of me. The mystery and awe of what is is lost in that, because this is experienced to be real and knowable. Really, there is no context to what is happening, you can't step outside of this and know it from a somehow more real position. This is the absolute appearing as whatever is happening. This is terrifying for the illusory seperate self though, because from a perspective it is total death and annihilation, the end of real existence. It isn't that dramatic when there is no one left, because there is no one left. There is no one left to hold onto this as something real and particular.

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

I don't.  Or... do I? 

You seem to care as you made the post.

You, being you right now, wondering about why is the universe as it is... The "why" of it, is the same "why" to your original question.

The "answer" is the moment, is the question. Nothing is hidden, nothing to figure out. Just look at yourself.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

12 hours ago, Twenty said:

@Someone here you have tried to kill me twice, and you have write my fate too. Is there any way for it to be changed? 

Can you explain to me what is happening? Or have you went to a lower state too? 

I have no idea what you are saying. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho