Najim

30 Day Ramadan Challenge

41 posts in this topic

Lol fasting 16+ hours is just my lifestyle now. But I still drink water and do the other stuff. Fasting can be a very eye-opening experience.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

Funny story. I once tried to date a Muslim girl, but she couldn't accept me because I was not a Muslim. She told me she is not allowed to date people outside her religion. What kind of tribal thinking is that?

That thinking is probably instilled into her by her parents, not that uncommon actually

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid

2 hours ago, Osaid said:

Lol fasting 16+ hours is just my lifestyle now. But I still drink water and do the other stuff. Fasting can be a very eye-opening experience.

Feels good doesnt it, Muhammad, Buddha, Moses used to do this without water for multiple days on end.

Prophet Muhammad said: only those who are capable can do what I do (dry fasting for days on end). For many of your egos will not endure, so Allah has not prescribed fasting for a duration more than what exceeds you. 

He is pointing at the spiritual benefit of fasting for multiple days on end, he attributes this ability to persons who rise above and take on greater responsibility. That is us!

@Osaid

This thinking is instilled to her by the Quran. In the Quran it says, those who are closed minded to god and deny god cannot marry a believer of god. The reason is because of the selfishness that arises when one worships their ego instead of God and how this selfishness is contagious so in marriage or dating it is not allowed.  

kind of like how this forum’s guidlines state that if you doubt enlightenment this is not your place. 

Edited by Najim

Look. Keep making more noise about how much you think islam is a primitive religion, but oh man it is the perfect fucking way of life. I love it. Now, you have to interpret islam as a teaching founded 1400 years ago, interpret its meaning and youve got yourself the manual to human existence. 

38 minutes ago, Najim said:

This thinking is instilled to her by the Quran. In the Quran it says, those who are closed minded to god and deny god cannot marry a believer of god. The reason is because of the selfishness that arises when one worships their ego instead of God and how this selfishness is contagious so in marriage or dating it is not allowed. 

Good advice. But nonetheless, her take on it is still inaccurate to what is said in the Quran. A Buddhist and a Muslim can both be believers of God, and it is possible for a Muslim to be more adept at worshipping the ego than a Buddhist. The idea of not marrying people of a different religion is simply a misinterpretation of the Quran.

@Osaid Well said friend. I want more people on here like you!

41 minutes ago, Najim said:

Well said friend. I want more people on here like you!

Thanks

9 hours ago, Najim said:

The close-minded are those who draw boundaries. The boundaries keep them close-minded. Dating only Muslims is creating a boundary between yourself and others. 

Islam is more about propagating belief rather than Truth. 

All Religions are like the Tree of Life. They stem from the same Source(root), but branch off into infinite branches. Islam is a branch that thinks itself more special than other branches. In Truth, none of the branches matter but only the Source. :D 

@Edward mahairi

Thanks for the question, I myself have struggled with this one. Ultimately what it boils down to are negative bodily sensations and repressed beliefs that start bubble up causing resistance in you and hence the bad mood. 

I wish there was a shortcut to this but really, you just gotta fast time and time again and meditate on these negative emotions that arise. You want to familiarize yourself with these emotions and consciously choose to let them go.  

Check out https://www.actualityofbeing.com/meditations and https://www.actualityofbeing.com/the-emotional-scale

the first link directs you to meditations that are specific for your case, the second is about understanding emotions. 

Much luck my friend, I wish God gifts you with whatever it is you hope for.

@JosephKnecht 

The close-minded are those who draw boundaries. The boundaries keep them close-minded. Dating only Muslims is creating a boundary between yourself and others. 

Islam is not only a religion but a law, drawing boundaries is necessary to create a functional marriage. 

And are you actually reading the posts I make or are just skimming through them to uncharitably criticize them?  Because Islam doesnt say only marry “muslims” it says marry only those who believe in God. This expands to include you but her parents are probably conservative and only want their kind. Thats them not islam.

Islam is more about propagating belief rather than Truth. 

What are you doing all this time on this forum. You are litterally regurgitating the belief system of actualized.org. I say this because of your over attitude and tone suggest to me that you have not had an awakening into love. Which means so far all your talk is belief. Not attacking you buddy just stating my mind.  Many other users on here are like this please again don take this as a personal attack.

To convey a message to the common masses, you have to based it on belief, but I will tell you from personal experience these believes once held with the a higher spiral development interpretation are about as real a belief as you can hold. 

All Religions are like the Tree of Life. They stem from the same Source(root), but branch off into infinite branches. Islam is a branch that thinks itself more special than other branches. In Truth, none of the branches matter but only the Source. :D 

Beautiful, the first two sentences. Budhism, Christianity, Judiasm and Actualized.org itself think they are a branch more special than other branches. This is not a criticism that you can throw on muslims and use it to dismiss islam. 

Look if you dont like islam good for you, there is something wrong in that, because you deny yourself but other than that no one is forcing you to like it. 
I personally love it, it is possibly the most beautiful way of life. 

Much love, Joseph I hope God grants you with whatever it is you want. 

Edited by Najim

56 minutes ago, Najim said:

Beautiful, the first two sentences. Budhism, Christianity, Judiasm and Actualized.org itself think they are a branch more special than other branches. This is not a criticism that you can throw on muslims and use it to dismiss islam. 

My friend, to get to the Source you must cut the branch you are sitting on. 

It seems that you are too comfortable sitting on the branch called Islam. As you wish. 

One day, we meet at the Source.

8 hours ago, Najim said:

Look if you dont like islam good for you, there is something wrong in that, because you deny yourself but other than that no one is forcing you to like it. 
I personally love it, it is possibly the most beautiful way of life. 

Every bird thinks its nest is the best ?

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan soo true!

Ive tried other nests but theyre just not as lovely. 

you will say:

well why dont you drop all nests and be with infinite absolute love consciousness. 

My reply:

My nest already got all that and more baby!!

@Husseinisdoingfine

9 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Leo bin-Husseini al-Gura recording his threats to the United States from his terror cell in Afghanistan mere weeks before 9/11, August 15, 2001 , colorized. 

Lol, this image looks like some sort of terrorist CIA wanted poster.

HAHAHAHAHA 

Leo Ibn Gura Al Arabi apology video for eating pork

Edited by Najim

7 hours ago, Najim said:

you will say:

well why dont you drop all nests and be with infinite absolute love consciousness. 

My reply:

My nest already got all that and more baby!!

Nope i wont say that cause i know where you are coming from.  Happie that your nest got all that and more baby. be safe in your nest.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi