Dlavjr

Foods that cause bloating?

15 posts in this topic

I've noticed that I have a very sensitive stomach. It does not take me much to feel satiated when I eat, and it also does not take much for me to feel bloated. So far I have notice that a good number of nuts, beans, dairy and an overabundance of cooked vegetables makes me feel bloated, but I'm not sure what else I should look out for. Does anybody else have a similar problem? 

I've been to a doctor but all I received for advice was to experiment with my diet, and maybe get allergy testing. 

It's not the food, it's an imbalance in gut bacteria.

Get test for SIBO and do low FODMAP diet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'd never even heard of SIBO but all the symptoms sound exact. I see that there are tests you can buy yourself online, can I trust them? 

@Dlavjr You need a lactulose 3hr breath test kit.

Yes, you can trust it if you follow the kit instructions and do it properly. It is the most accurate test.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You need a lactulose 3hr breath test kit.

I think the hydrogen/methane test is not that widely available outside of US and UK. In my home country, Slovakia doctors laugh when you talk about SIBO, a client of mine in Czechia was told there is no such thing as bacteria in small intestines by the gastroenterologist :D It is super hard to even have doctors entertain this idea anywhere outside of these countries. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

I think the hydrogen/methane test is not that widely available outside of US and UK. In my home country, Slovakia doctors laugh when you talk about SIBO, a client of mine in Czechia was told there is no such thing as bacteria in small intestines by the gastroenterologist :D It is super hard to even have doctors entertain this idea anywhere outside of these countries. 

That's a problem in the US too. My family doctor laughed at me when I asked him if I might have leaky gut. He say leaky gut is a myth that cannot exist.

Idiot doctors are a dime a dozen. Except they usually charge you more than a dime for their terrible advice.

Luckily you don't need their permission. You can order lab tests yourself. I order all my own lab work.

I have a sensitive stomach too. 

Life is too tough.. 

It causes me stress 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Luckily you don't need their permission. You can order lab tests yourself. I order all my own lab work.

As far as I know, there isn't anything reliable to test for permeable gut thou, the current golden standard (zonulin) has poor reliability and low specificity. Alessio Fassano, who is currently considered the leading authority in this research says we don't have anything even remotely close to being accurate so with leaky gut the best we can do is by symptomology.  What test markers did you order? (genuinely curious) 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a problem in the US too. My family doctor laughed at me when I asked him if I might have leaky gut. He say leaky gut is a myth that cannot exist.

Idiot doctors are a dime a dozen. Except they usually charge you more than a dime for their terrible advice.

It looks like it is a worldwide problem. Maybe there are some exception with countries like Israel/Germany, although I personally don't know much about them, but other than that, it looks like medicine industry as a whole is in deep shit

Sounds like ibs. Too much FODMAP, insoluble fiber, spicy food, alcohol and fat can be triggers. Eating too much at a time is also not a good idea.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaky_gut_syndrome

"Leaky gut syndrome is a hypothetical, medically unrecognized condition."

"Unlike the scientific phenomenon of increased intestinal permeability, claims for the existence of "leaky gut syndrome" as a distinct medical condition come mostly from nutritionists and practitioners of alternative medicine."

"Stephen Barrett has described "leaky gut syndrome" as a fad diagnosis and says that its proponents use the alleged condition as an opportunity to sell a number of alternative-health remedies"

Leo, I'm not dismissing your claims. Just feels a bit weird as to why the medical community would discredit the existence of such a phenomenon, I mean what's really in it for them to deny it? 

Release me.

9 hours ago, Michael569 said:

As far as I know, there isn't anything reliable to test for permeable gut thou, the current golden standard (zonulin) has poor reliability and low specificity. Alessio Fassano, who is currently considered the leading authority in this research says we don't have anything even remotely close to being accurate so with leaky gut the best we can do is by symptomology.  What test markers did you order? (genuinely curious) 

This is the test:

https://www.doctorsdata.com/intestinal-permeability/

It is a Lactulose urine test.

1 hour ago, John Doe said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaky_gut_syndrome

Leo, I'm not dismissing your claims. Just feels a bit weird as to why the medical community would discredit the existence of such a phenomenon, I mean what's really in it for them to deny it? 

Dogma and ignorance.

On 3/20/2021 at 10:33 AM, Leo Gura said:

Dogma and ignorance.

And of course, economic benefit :/

"A cured patient is a lost customer"

I am always worried about my digestive system. Most of the time, I vomit just because my stomach doesn't digest food with spices and I often avoid taking lite food. I am still trying to cure this but not completely I conquered it.