Holygrail

Did I have an out-of-body experience?

9 posts in this topic

So about a year ago, I decided to do a third eye meditation (by placing an amethyst stone on my third eye imagining purple light beaming at my pineal gland) right before going to sleep and on that night, I had my first ever lucid dream and 2 very strange dreams that I was walking about my house and seeing myself sleep in my bedroom. I just brushed off those experiences as a dream but now I'm starting to think that those were potentially out-of-body experiences. I wasn't lucid during those two 2 dreams but I've never had such a dream before. 

Edited by Holygrail

You can't leave the body if you were never in it, and if you were in it, you can never be sperated...BUT yes, probably. ?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Yeah, that's a obe. Very cool, I had the very same experience as you described it some years back, seeing myself sleep in my bedroom etc.

Holy crap so it seems like it actually was, because i mean c'mon I did something really weird that caused 3 other really weird things to occur, they were obviously connect to my third eye meditation

2 hours ago, Holygrail said:

Holy crap so it seems like it actually was, because i mean c'mon I did something really weird that caused 3 other really weird things to occur, they were obviously connect to my third eye meditation

Did you follow the link I provided? Our brains play strange tricks on us.

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/03/health/psychology/03shad.html

Edited by Jake Johnson
Typo

that doesnt disprove obe experiences that have happened all over the world and the ton of research that has been done

Can you certainly know that it was an OBE? Like be REALLY honest here. You might want it to be true, because it's so cool, but keep that aside. Can you actually know?

I've had many such dreams. I have lucid dreams quiet regularly and OBE's just look and feel like lucid dreams. If you want to make sure then you should have checked your room for evidence. I always find stuff that doesn't belong into my room which tells me that it's probably just a lucid dream. But perhaps those aren't true OBE's?

Maybe there is something to it, or maybe there isn't. Maybe there are actual OBE's and 99% of all OBE's are just false with 1% of them being real. Who knows. I know I don't.

beep boop

On 3/24/2021 at 1:14 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

@DefinitelyNotARobot putting to much emphasis on whether you left some 'body' or not is the biggest problem in the dreaming communities, imo

i agree