Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kras

Second date, dinner date?

8 posts in this topic

What do you think guys?

I was on a first date with one girl last week, i took her in one bar for 30 minutes, then we went in my car, chatted and kissed a little bit. So we had a good time on our first date.

We gonna hang out again but i am wondering if dinner date is trying too hard for the second date? What do you think?

Dinner is great for a second date, it's not too forward or intense, and you get a lot of time to talk face to face and build connection.

It's only trying too hard if you book reservations at the fanciest place in town, just find somewhere decent with a fun vibe where you can sit down and order food.

At the end of the night when you have to pay, suggest casually that you split the bill in half or pay for your own meals. If she is cool about it and doesn't suggest that you pay for everything, she's probably a keeper. Think of it like a shit test. Personally I don't continue dating a girl if she expects me to pay, it usually says a lot about what they'll be like in the future if they have that expectation that quickly. Speaking from experience ;)

Have fun!

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Or better yet invite her over and make her dinner. Impress her by making a great meal. If you don't cook, follow recipes. Shows you can take initiative, shows you like to take care of her, much more comfortable setting, no noisy restaurant, no awkwardness over the check, can play your own music. And if the things go really well, the couch or bedroom is right there.  

3 hours ago, Roy said:

At the end of the night when you have to pay, suggest casually that you split the bill in half or pay for your own meals. If she is cool about it and doesn't suggest that you pay for everything, she's probably a keeper. Think of it like a shit test. Personally I don't continue dating a girl if she expects me to pay, it usually says a lot about what they'll be like in the future if they have that expectation that quickly. Speaking from experience

Great suggestion! Definitely agree, I couldn't date a primadonna who expects to get paid for everything. Ofcourse nothingnwrong with paying occasionaly

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Why whenever we meet other people there must be food involved? Food makes drowsy and diminishes quality of interaction.

17 hours ago, kras said:

We gonna hang out again but i am wondering if dinner date is trying too hard for the second date? What do you think?

I don't personally like dinner dates. My diet is pretty strict and so it's hard to even find a restaurant with healthy food. But many girls still enjoy that kind of thing so you'll be fine.

17 hours ago, Roy said:

At the end of the night when you have to pay, suggest casually that you split the bill in half or pay for your own meals. If she is cool about it and doesn't suggest that you pay for everything, she's probably a keeper. Think of it like a shit test. Personally I don't continue dating a girl if she expects me to pay, it usually says a lot about what they'll be like in the future if they have that expectation that quickly. Speaking from experience 

To me, this advice is dicey.

Some guys think they're going on a date, when in actuality they're just a free meal ticket for the girl. In that case I would suggest he'd keep his wallet closed.

But paying can sometimes also be really good, even if it's early. Sets a good masculine provider frame. But don't attach it to some sort of expectation that now she owes you sex.

On 17/03/2021 at 6:04 AM, kras said:

It doesn't matter how or where you spend time with this girl. You can make any situation work. Worrying about that is in itself neediness.

I think she would like you to be a man who owns what he wants and takes responsibility for his choices.

So, where do you want to hang out with her?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@Sempiternity that's actually a very good idea. You can set up cool enviroment and plan everything out beforehand. And, you can play your own music, not a shitty one like a lot of restaurants tend to have.