Ariel

I Have A Serious Question Here Guys...

23 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@Ariel  I think you are too young. At your age I read a book about Buddha. 

When Buddha said that all the suffering comes from desire, that we had to stop desiring... I was like... 

WTH????

If I have no desire I won't achieve anything in life. Now I realize that Buddha was right, but you need to live that experience to assimilate it.

I am 47 now.

:P

What do you mean by that?

When I was 16 I was really attached to the idea of "me", it never crossed my mind to think I don't exist.

I need to pass a lot of experiences (even an emotional breakdown and therapy) to understand what was Buddha, Jesus and others talking about.

Maybe is not your case, but I wanted to share that just in case.

Question:

What do you think about what Buddha said that you have to stop desiring to end suffering?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

be careful to take anything leo says as moralizing and be careful on doing it to yourself. When Leo says something, he's not telling you that you should be doing it, he's simple giving advice and it's up to you if you want to do it or not. I'm going to leave you three of leo's videos so that you can get a deeper understanding (the videos are a bit long, but have patience and you will be glad you watch the whole thing). One thing you can do like a guy said early is observe yourself doing certain things, but with awareness. After a while you will realize it's not helping you or really making you happy. watch Leo's content from time to time (he releases a video each Sunday!) and really try to learn as much as you can of these topics.

I'm 19 and starting watching actualized.org when I turned 17 years old. Unfortunately his content back then wasn't as deep as it's now, you're lucky to be exposed to this deep insights at such a young age, so take advantage of it. I wish I had so bad!!!