electroBeam

Do I Have Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder?

10 posts in this topic

so recently(procrastinating) I was reading through shitmandood's comment on a particular video, and he talked about how 5-meo-dmt gives you HPPD. I was curious on what that was, so I looked it up, and when I saw the symptoms I got very worried. I could identify with 80% of the symptoms on there.

For example, one of the symptoms are seeing halos around objects, I definitely see that all the time, and seeing trails from moving objects, which I also see all of the time. Though the most prevalent symptom, and the one that shocked me the most, was the grainy texture symptom. Whenever I look at objects, I always see them as if I'm looking through a grainy television screen, heck I'm looking at my computer screen now, and now that I have become aware of it, it looks grainy as hell. I've always had problems reading, and I just assumed it was from dyslexia or something, but now its so clear to me that its actually the grainy shit that I see on a daily basis.

Though I'm very confused, because I have always had these symptoms(since I was born) and just assumed that everyone had saw these weird visuals in their minds. It didn't come from my very recent use of psychedelics(first time I tried a psychedelic properly was only a few weeks ago, and only once). So does that mean I can still get HPPD, or is it some other sort of disease, or is it normal?

Does anyone else identify with these symptoms? Surely I'm not the only one?

Edited by electroBeam

If you've had the symptoms since you were born I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you're suffering from drug induced side effects. Also, both of those are visual related. Maybe you just have shitty eyes lol :)

Or maybe 5meo is allowing you to see through the matrix and view reality as the digital simulation that it truly is.......jk

Edited by ChimpBrain

HPPD is very rare and usually comes from abusive use, like using psychedelics multiple times a week. And the problem isn't itself  HPPD, it is usually anxiety.

On October 17, 2016 at 6:19 AM, electroBeam said:

so recently(procrastinating) I was reading through shitmandood's comment on a particular video, and he talked about how 5-meo-dmt gives you HPPD. I was curious on what that was, so I looked it up, and when I saw the symptoms I got very worried. I could identify with 80% of the symptoms on there.

For example, one of the symptoms are seeing halos around objects, I definitely see that all the time, and seeing trails from moving objects, which I also see all of the time. Though the most prevalent symptom, and the one that shocked me the most, was the grainy texture symptom. Whenever I look at objects, I always see them as if I'm looking through a grainy television screen, heck I'm looking at my computer screen now, and now that I have become aware of it, it looks grainy as hell. I've always had problems reading, and I just assumed it was from dyslexia or something, but now its so clear to me that its actually the grainy shit that I see on a daily basis.

Though I'm very confused, because I have always had these symptoms(since I was born) and just assumed that everyone had saw these weird visuals in their minds. It didn't come from my very recent use of psychedelics(first time I tried a psychedelic properly was only a few weeks ago, and only once). So does that mean I can still get HPPD, or is it some other sort of disease, or is it normal?

Does anyone else identify with these symptoms? Surely I'm not the only one?

I wouldn't worry too much unless you notice it worsening or intensifying from your use of 5 MEO. Do exercise caution and be sure to space out your experiences quite a bit though. If it were me, I would even set a limit on how many times I plan to do it over the course of the next several years. But that's just my personal advice. But I see things in a grainy way too. This is especially evident when it's dark. I think that might just be the way that vision is. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

5-meo-dmt is a research chemical: http://imgur.com/a/fxtZu 

In my experiences with research chemicals made in China, you are risking your life/health. Doesn't matter how careful you are. You don't know what the fuck is in there, or how it was made. 

I mean cmon people, use your head ffs.

I haven't been diagnosed with HPPD but I strongly suspect I have it. I have the halos; the graininess, especially in the dark(it's quite bad to the point it's interfering with my ability to see), I think it's called visual snow. Also afterimages; photo-sensitivity. I have this weird thing where if I get really stressed or if I don't breather as much as I should and as deep as I should everything starts to look a bit wonky, like somebody turned up the contrast, dark places seem more dark and deep and all colors seem a bit more vivid, somehow in a menacing way, it's quite disturbing. It's something that I've found several people describing on HPPD forums. I have done a hallucinogen many years ago and used to smoke weed all the time also. Also many people report that SSRIs made their condition(HPPD) worse. I can attest to that, after I was put on the SSRI the contrast thing I described earlier started happening, I never had it before that(I started the SSRI a couple of years after I quit all recreational drugs) and the other symptoms got worse as well. For 2 days after I did the hallucinogen I had really bad depersonalization and derealization, thankfully those symptoms have never returned but they're common with HPPD as well. If I was you I'd be very careful with the psychedelics.

My perception is also very fucked, i have 24/7 derealisation, which makes everything look very flat and dreamlike.

Can you relate to this as well?

On 10/31/2016 at 0:17 PM, SimpleTruth said:

5-meo-dmt is a research chemical: http://imgur.com/a/fxtZu 

In my experiences with research chemicals made in China, you are risking your life/health. Doesn't matter how careful you are. You don't know what the fuck is in there, or how it was made. 

I mean cmon people, use your head ffs.

What are your experiences then?

On 11/15/2016 at 11:20 AM, Esoteric said:

What are your experiences then?

How can you unless you have tried it. Have you ever even read 5meo reports. I personally haven't seen this being lethal unless they mix it with other drugs. Your making assumptions out of fear and overthinking. 

Edited by Live Life Liam

10 hours ago, Live Life Liam said:

How can you unless you have tried it. Have you ever even read 5meo reports. I personally having seen this being lethal unless they mix it with other drugs. Your making assumptions out of fear and overthinking. 

I am assuming this post is directed to the poster I quoted? Because I agree with you. You can easily get pure stuff from reliable sources if you are thorough in your research.