Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon_Bundesen

How do I cope with emotional labor?

7 posts in this topic

I've been trying to make changes in my life but I can't stand the emotional labor?

Any advice?

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

Love all the emotions until you can see how they were all love.

You are in a perspective that emotions are something that you have to cope with. This has an emotional charge to it, a meta-emotion about emotions. Fear of facing and expressing the emotions. 

Feel deeper, get more specific. 
What changes are you trying to make and why? The vaugness will just make everything seem overwhelming as you don't have a clear vision for how to flow into whatever it is you are trying to do. Resistance will feel very strong without a clear, constantly evolving vision.

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@Jon_Bundesen Make small changes! Try the Fabulous app

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Some say allow yourself to feel everything fully and not repress or dissociate but don’t express it outwardly.

This is a difficult practice called purifying of the emotional center.To be able to sit with uncomfortable states can then after a period bring about a more balanced condition. Although or maybe because it’s difficult, it pays good dividends, so to speak. I’ve experienced this phenomena but I’m not done with my work yet.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Stop efforting....rather than efforting and coping with it. Take the time for the inner work. Align thought with feeling...inspiration. We get back up. That’s our nature. Dial into that

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What Nahm said

In therapy today I learned it really has to do with stop efforting. My trying too hard really was the obstacle in the road. letting go and just being and feeling my emotions was so much better and allowed for a better place to make change from 

Edited by Jacob Morres

Thank you all for the advice!

I also read in a post that some changes can not be done through cold turkey but will be a gradual process because the homeostasis will slowly change over time.

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!