StarStruck

Do you prefer ebook or the physical book

14 posts in this topic

I love taking notes in books but I hate how much space it takes to store them. 

With ereaders it is almost impossible to make notes. Underlining text on a ereader works well though and most of the time it is enough. 

I have a pocketbook and making notes in epub is just very gimmick and it doesn't work. I hope they fix this with newer models. If they do I would say good bye to my physical books. At least the ones that aren't important for me. 

In Tate we trust

I prefer ebooks because i don't need to wait for them to arrive, don't take any space and i can read everywhere because there are on my phone. With kindle it's easy to make notes and highlight stuff. Physical books have another beauty though. I'm thinking about starting buying physical copies of the best books i ever read. 

I prefer physical because I'm spending most of my time staring at screens - computer screen at work, phone etc. And I try to spend as much time as possible away from them when I have a choice.

Neither. Audiobooks. Audible.

And then I take notes on my phone while Im listening. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

I prefer ebooks because i don't need to wait for them to arrive, don't take any space and i can read everywhere because there are on my phone. With kindle it's easy to make notes and highlight stuff. Physical books have another beauty though. I'm thinking about starting buying physical copies of the best books i ever read. 

The only reason I would want a book shelf is to show off to people. I was thinking the same: buy some physical copies of some books that I already read. 

2 hours ago, meow_meow said:

I prefer physical because I'm spending most of my time staring at screens - computer screen at work, phone etc. And I try to spend as much time as possible away from them when I have a choice.

Ereader feels like looking at paper

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Neither. Audiobooks. Audible.

And then I take notes on my phone while Im listening. 

Good for you. Unfortunately I'm not a good listener. I'm very visual. 

In Tate we trust

EBooks, physical books, audio books these are all your imagination. 

Anything can be a book. A movie scene, a song, a weather, a person. If you have the eyes to look, you'll find books everywhere. And If you have the harmony of heart & soul, you won't need notes. It'll stay with you. 

13 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Just start a digital journal in some good app. Onenote/Obsidian to give you some idea

I'm  using onenote but I don't get how that is related to this topic.

In Tate we trust

I love physical books, but for me audible is more practical, usually I buy both but now I have to many books I need a bookshelf. Probably I'm going to buy some digitals and then if I love them buy them physically. 

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I'm  using onenote but I don't get how that is related to this topic.

@StarStruck You can store all your notes here. So far the best method of note-taking I found for everything

2 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

@StarStruck You can store all your notes here. So far the best method of note-taking I found for everything

I'm reading a lot of books and it is a pain in the ass to take notes of everything. Good thing with ebook readers is that one can underline and export to onenote but I'm reluctant to do that. Underlining is useless if it is taken out of context (of the text)  

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck Sounds like you need to update your notetaking methodology then. I've read 300+ books over the past few years and digital notetaking works like a charm for me. I don't see any other medium to be working better for me

Have you tried Notion to take notes? Just google "Notion Note Taking". I use it. I helps me so much.

@StarStruck Sounds like you need to update your notetaking methodology then. I've read 300+ books over the past few years and digital notetaking works like a charm for me. I don't see any other medium to be working better for me

A lot of times I just underline one word. If I export that quote to onenote I don't have any use for one word quote. That is what I meant. I have been taking notes in the wrong way. 

In Tate we trust