Heaven

How to improve your memory?

28 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Hulia said:

I think he means, that we memorize thoughts in which we beleive and vice versa we don´t beleive in something, that we cannot recall. Like who is that guy... Lesus? Jaha? What was special about him? Shit, I forgot!

Now I know, why my memory is so bad. I am skeptic! :) 

Hmmm I guess a good measure of a nugget of wisdom is how it can be interpreted by invoking self reflection. Good job, Nahm ??

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 15/03/2021 at 10:54 PM, Preety_India said:

I have difficulty with memory too. 

Sometimes me too struggling with memory!

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

It depends what you want to memorise. Method of loci is a way of making your memory intentional and controllable instead of wishy and washy. For it to work, you need to be able to break a concept down into specific chunks that can be stored and recovered to reconstruct the original concept.

That makes it great for concrete things like names, procedures, vocabulary, cards, numbers etc.

Once you get into more complex topics, the effort of breaking the topic down into chunks that can be stored easily in a memory palace is usually greater than the effort of just using your regular old memory.

However even in these cases it is a fantastic tool for memorising summaries of a complex topic. This gives you more confidence in your natural memory for the topic as others have alluded to being effective earlier in the thread.

It's not difficult to learn, visualise leaving your phone somewhere in your home and capture that feeling. Remembering where you put something extends to the mental model you have of the world as well as the physical world, it's really quite neat how your brain does this. Then all you have to do is replace the phone with some kind of symbol that reminds you of an idea/name/number etc.

And use free resources, like artofmemory.com and their forum, the core technique is so simple that anyone selling you a course is probably trying to teach you extra crap you don't need.

I' not "smart" and was (is)  struggling to learn stuff for decades.

I read a lot of books on fast reading, memorizing etc.....

The books didn't helpt much. With some technics I was capable of memorizing a list of things, nothing special

Wat works is:

Good sleep

Eat good fruit / vegetables etc (don't overeat)

Drink good (spring water)

suplements B, C, D, zinc

Eat mushrooms: Lions mane, Reishi and Cordyceps

"FAP" on time

Meditate

Buy a agenda

Don't drain your brain with 9gag, insta, tiktok, youtube etc....

Learn something

Cut sugar

Do shadow work

Wim Hofman breading  / shower (cold)

Be curious

Nootripics (Leo did a vid)

Microdosing (LSD, mushrooms)

CBD oil extractions (https://uweed.eu/( Swiss quality, but expensive!) I'm from Holland.

Get enlightened asap :). Not identifying with ego will give you a lot of "fluidity"

I'm also terrible with names. What works is if its  a foreign name to ask what it means.

If it's a "regular" name try to associate with something. For exemple: Marco -> macro -> no picture this guy as a giant :)

Greetings

Rewien

On 3/30/2021 at 11:50 PM, smithsera88 said:

cookie clickerA head injury from a fall or accident can cause memory problems, even if you don't lose consciousness. Emotional disorders Stress, anxiety,slope unblockedor depression can cause forgetfulness, confusion, trouble concentrating, and other problems that disrupt daily activities. Alcoholism. by essay writers uk

Thanks to put so much for effort and time.

Edited by kittydurgans

@something_else

On 3/31/2021 at 2:28 AM, something_else said:

It depends what you want to memorise. Method of loci is a way of making your memory intentional and controllable instead of wishy and washy. For it to work, you need to be able to break a concept down into specific chunks that can be stored and recovered to reconstruct the original concept.

That makes it great for concrete things like names, procedures, vocabulary, cards, numbers etc.

Once you get into more complex topics, the effort of breaking the topic down into chunks that can be stored easily in a memory palace is usually greater than the effort of just using your regular old memory.

However even in these cases it is a fantastic tool for memorising summaries of a complex topic. This gives you more confidence in your natural memory for the topic as others have alluded to being effective earlier in the thread.

It's not difficult to learn, visualise leaving your phone somewhere in your home and capture that feeling. Remembering where you put something extends to the mental model you have of the world as well as the physical world, it's really quite neat how your brain does this. Then all you have to do is replace the phone with some kind of symbol that reminds you of an idea/name/number etc.

And use free resources, like artofmemory.com and their forum, the core technique is so simple that anyone selling you a course is probably trying to teach you extra crap you don't need.

Plus the 10,00 hour rule and deliberate practice, and it's possible to memorize half a library.

I think, the best way to improve your memory is studying a new language. If you have problem with your new work material, I can suggest to you using practice.  I also can recommend you to use PowerPoint poster help, if you'll have some problems with it.