Heaven

How to improve your memory?

28 posts in this topic

Hey all?

Any advices how to remember new vocabulary, names, general knowledge and even theory regarding to your career..

I’m struggling with it lately and want to improve it some how.

Thanks?

Try the memory palace technique, "The method of Loci". 

I once memorized 200 pi numbers in 5 days using it. Felt like it really boosted my overall memory capacity by visualizing. 

Joshua Foer has a book called "Moonwalking with Einstein" which was pretty good and it covers the basics of memorization. 

How is the ROI. I don't hear many people doing the mind palace. It feels like too much investment.

3 hours ago, Epikur said:

How is the ROI. I don't hear many people doing the mind palace. It feels like too much investment.

It takes about a month to get good at it. And as soon as you know it semi-well, you can memorize as much as you want pretty much. 

I have difficulty with memory too. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Read Unlimited memory by Kevin Horsley.

He also talks about concepts such a memory palace.

Study a language.  Nothing improves my memory more than studying 10-30 new words a day

The problem with all these advices is that they are giving you ONLY external solution. Of course, you need the external solution. But depending only on external solution is like trying to reshape a mirror to change your appearance. That doesn't work. 

Change your internal beliefs first, the rest will be easy. 

Watch movies like Lucy or Limitless. It'll create an illusion of genius in your subconscious mind and that's exactly what you need. 

Take inspiration from geniuses and memory champions of the world. Reading about them may help you shatter some limiting beliefs about your memory. 

Aim bigger than your goal and plan accordingly, then achieving the Goal will be easier. 

After doing the inner work you can start reading. The reading will be much more efficient then. 

Recommended Book:- 

Unlimited Memory by Kevin Horsley

Memory ability is to some degree genetic but good sleep, nofap, wim hof method, cardio and caffine do you wonders in this regard. 

Meditation should also help out

Here are 14 evidence-based ways to improve your memory naturally.
Eat less added sugar. 
Try a fish oil supplement. 
Take time for meditation. 
Maintain a healthy weight. 
Get enough sleep. 
Exercise awareness. 
Drink less alcohol. 
Exercise your brain. by custom writers pro

I tried visualization the results were not that great but I will try it again now. Often it is about integrating the habit into life.

My guided journeys will help improve working and long term access to memory, by constantly challenging it and exercising visual memory.  Plus it's image streaming all wrapped in, which is said to increase memory and I.Q. Winning all around! 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Nahm

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

A belief is a thought repeated. 

how simple this statement is yet so truthful. 

That is the literal experience, the common thought about a belief is that its couched in the back of your mind somewhere.

Thats literally just another thought.

Tricky!

10 minutes ago, Najim said:

@Nahm

how simple this statement is yet so truthful. 

That is the literal experience, the common thought about a belief is that its couched in the back of your mind somewhere.

Thats literally just another thought.

Tricky!

But how is this related to the memory issue the person is facing? Can you explain? It's is not clear to me.

48 minutes ago, capriciousduck said:

But how is this related to the memory issue the person is facing? Can you explain? It's is not clear to me.

Perhaps the belief that memory is failing. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Najim ?

1 hour ago, capriciousduck said:

There is only now. Source appears as the ground meeting the footstep, and the memory arising in mind. Creator creating creation. Focus is pure magic. As it is directed, in kind more is experienced. We are authoring creation with via focus. We are the very unfolding of the universe. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

28 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Perhaps the belief that memory is failing. 

I think he means, that we memorize thoughts in which we beleive and vice versa we don´t beleive in something, that we cannot recall. Like who is that guy... Lesus? Jaha? What was special about him? Shit, I forgot!

Now I know, why my memory is so bad. I am skeptic! :)