Erick

George Lucas is Woke as F**k

55 posts in this topic

all the star wars films could be listed in order of release and that would more or less suffice as a ranking.

5 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

all the star wars films could be listed in order of release and that would more or less suffice as a ranking.

Nah, it was more of a parabolic curve. Fantastic > horrible < Ok.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

37 minutes ago, eggopm3 said:

If you and Leo are implying that Episode 1 and 2 are somehow better than Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, then yall must have bad taste in cinema.

5 hours ago, Mafortu said:

Heres the definitive actualized.org Star Wars media from best to worst

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Mandalorian
The Last Jedi
Rogue One
The Rise of Skywalker
Attack of Clones
Phantom Menace
Christmas Special

If you disagree, you are wrong. And thats okay.

@Mafortu what are you doing brother, where is "The Clone Wars"? When I was little absolutely adored that tv show,  star wars the clone wars in one of the greatest animated tv shows in existence. How is it not on that list dude? Honestly if you dont love the clone wars, your not a star wars. Sorry to be a dick. But just watching it, you can tell that George Lucas poured every ounce of his whole heart soul into all those episodes. The animation, the voice acting, the stories they had were all absolutely amazing. I think though, the reason it was so good, was because it focused it focused so much on the jedi, who they are, and what they're about. I mean come on, who doesn't love the jedi? Because really the whole jedi vs SITh thing is sort of the whole root of stat wars if you think about. It almost represents the sort of war of Enlightenment vs ego. Selflessness vs Selfishness 

Here's my favorite 5 star wars movies/TV shows 

1. The clone wars

2. Attack of the clones. 

3. Revenge of the SITH

4. The empire strikes back

5. The last hope

Honestly though guys, you have to admit. The Clone Wars is so fucking good. But Honestly this thing with luke and rey just pisses on what we all loved about the jedi order. It's so sad. The clone wars was about the jedi, with the nedochlorians, the force children, how the lightsabers were made for each padawan, the ice world where every padawan got their special light saber crystal. The holocron Crystal's, and yoda at the end of season 6 with his search for immortality. Because how can you not love yoda? 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

9 hours ago, Erick said:

UPDATE: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-lucas-donate-4-billion_n_2067145 holly shit he actually donated the freaking money

I love this guy,

The spokesperson noted that this “announcement continues a commitment that Lucas made in 2010 to The Giving Pledge, where he stated,  'I am dedicating the majority of my wealth to improving education. It is the key to the survival of the human race. We have to plan for our collective future -- and the first step begins with social, emotional and intellectual tools we provide to our children. As humans, our greatest tool for survival is our ability to think and to adapt -- as educators, storytellers and communicators, our responsibility is to continue to do so.’”

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Mafortu Attack of The Clones is way better than half your list.

All the Disney shit is so bad it does not even belong in the same list.

Technically speaking, the Disney Movies were more watchable and entertaining than the prequels. Thematically speaking the prequels were more cohesive and compatible with the OT. But I don't think it's fair to say the Disney trilogy has no depth at all. Kylo Ren was a subversive character that did something new with the series, and most fans like him, even when they have problems with the rest of the movies, because he did some interesting things. There is a clear drop off where no one likes The Rise of Skywalker, even though the previous movies were well liked by some people, because that movie specifically tapped into way more corporate tropes than the previous ones. Even people that don't like The Last Jedi see it as having it's own vision. That movie did new things with Luke and had something to say about Life Purpose, impact and living a good life. That being the case, it's polemic and unnecessary to judge and despise these movies imo. They did their own thing, and had their own strengths, if different from the previous movies. 

@YomiZen I could not even stomach watching the trailers for them. It's just so obviously garbage. None of the characters are likable. No story. Nothing original.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Mafortu said:

If you and Leo are implying that Episode 1 and 2 are somehow better than Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, then yall must have bad taste in cinema.

Actually I'd claim that the only good Star Wars movies are the original trilogy. Everything that's come after is varying levels of bad, prequels and sequels alike. But I nonetheless prefer the prequels to the sequels because they are far more unique. There is nothing else like those movies. Nobody else but George Lucas could have made them. People will still remember them decades from now. Every scene is a meme for good reason. They are deeply weird and fascinating. The Disney sequels are assembly-line crowd-pleasers that couldn't be arsed to even try to tell a coherent story over the trilogy. Each subsequent Disney film was an increasing reaction of "oh Disney really doesn't give a shit do they? so why should I?" I'd take a fascinating mess over generic pabulum any day.

Edited by eggopm3

Personally I think that the real magic of Star Wars has been in the Expanded Universe for a long time now. 

The prequels were not great in execution, but as least they were imaginative and had original ideas.

The whole point sci-fi fantasy is imaginative stuff. Not to keep rehashing Tatooine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The soul of Star Wars is captured in the original trilogy, IV - VI. It is about good vs. evil, personal discovery and growth, and the ultimate connection between all things. Consciousness told a damn good story, there.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The prequels were not great in execution, but as least they were imaginative and had original ideas.

The whole point sci-fi fantasy is imaginative stuff. Not to keep rehashing Tatooine.

Originality doesn't equate quality. There are many "original" movies that are terrible. 

The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi are vastly superior to Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, there is no contest, if you disagree then you are just letting your hatred of Disney blind your judgement. 

Episode 3 is much better than Rise of Skywalker, that's all I may concede. 

Edited by Mafortu

@Mafortu idc what anyone says episode 3 is godly. So many memorable lines and its so over dramatic lol. 1 and 2 were forgettable but the appearance of darth maul in 1 was amazing, at least to me when I was younger 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Finally. Been telling nerds that for years. Amen mirage bro!

In the newest trilogy they introduce a villain (Snoke) and build him up for like 2 episodes just to kill him off and bring back the same guy from the last 2 trilogies (Palpatine).

They could done so much with his character. There were so many awesome theories out there. But no. He went straight into the trash can just to make room for some shitty and entirely random plot twist.

And they, to somehow make things even worse, didn't even show us the plot twist! They just used the damn opening crawl to tell us that Palpatine was back!! Like they actually didn't bother to include such an important plot point in their movie! It just 'happened' between the episodes. It's so stupid that it's actually kind of funny.

"Oh do yall remember that old, evil thunder guy? Yeah he is back btw. Thanks for your money!"

And that's just one of the problems I have with the new trilogy. I think it says enough about how much thought they put into the movies. They had the potential to be great, but they ended up being a mess.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop