Erick

George Lucas is Woke as F**k

55 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

I'm all about the Force. Unfortunately, George Lucas went to the dark side. Still trying to forgive him for episodes 1-3.

Him going to the dark side was not Episodes 1-3, it was selling to Disney.

Imagine if the end of Star Wars was Luke selling the Rebel Alliance to the Emperor for $2 billion dollars and retiring in luxury.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine if the end of Star Wars was Luke selling the Rebel Alliance to the Emperor for $2 billion dollars and retiring in luxury.

Fantasy > reality > fantasy. 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Seems like the franchise is in better hands now though, so maybe good things will follow the Mandalorian. 

@Elevated  ? the Mandalorian, def better than SW 1-3. Looking forward to The Book of Boba Fett ⚡ God, I guess I really am a geek.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Mandalorian is shallow, mediocre, and overrated.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Isn't relative reality, in its subjective-directionality, hilarious and beautiful? Sorry bro, but Mandalorian is the ?

Go Grogu!

The_Child_aka_Baby_Yoda_(Star_Wars).jpg

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

they know how to milk the hell out of the star wars fanbase

probably the original fandom that will literally stan for anything put out under the brand

20 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

I love George Lucas, too. He had a near-death experience when he was young. He must have experienced God's infinite love. This is from the Star Wars Archives: 

“When I was eighteen I was in an automobile accident and went through a near-death experience. I was actually taken away from the scene, presumed dead, and it wasn’t until I reached the hospital that the doctors revived my heartbeat and brought me back to life. This is the kind of experience that molds people’s beliefs. My best guess is that we share a collective spirit or life force or consciousness that encompasses and goes beyond individual life-forms. There’s a part of us that connects to other humans, connects to other animals, connects to plants, connects to the planet, connects to the universe.” 

Yeah, I heard about that but didn't know it was the reason he became a spiritual person.
Really interesting quote, it's beautiful really. Thanks for sharing it with us!

19 hours ago, mikelyons said:

Can't wait until I get God telekinesis, or shoot I'd even be down for some devil fingertip lightening tbh

Lmao 
I'll definitely be down for having force lightning, it probabely would be useful in regular life like for heating up meals and shit (and ending up with burnt food) xD 

On 16/03/2021 at 3:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

It was justified given how much hate he got from angry fans over the prequels, any unenlightened person would've probably done the same thing.  Plus, he was already a billionaire before selling Star Wars (cause of the rights to all the SW merch he had) so it probably wasn't a desicion made out of greed but more from a "fuck this shit I'm out" attitude, but who knows? We can't know what were his true intentions so maybe you're right.

UPDATE: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-lucas-donate-4-billion_n_2067145 holly shit he actually donated the freaking money 

Edited by Erick

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Couldn't agree more with this,  it's just more of the same homogenous garbage that Disney has turned Star Wars into 

34 minutes ago, Erick said:

It was justified given how much hate he got from angry fans over the prequels, any unenlightened person would've probabely done the same thing.

From what I heard from him, it was mostly because LucasFilm has a huge staff and he didn't want to fire them all. So he sold them to Disney.

UPDATE: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-lucas-donate-4-billion_n_2067145 holly shit he actually donated the freaking money 

That is pretty amazing.

Lucas is certainly a more conscious guy than most Hollywood types.

But still, did he really have to sell to Disney of all places? If there ever was a corporate devil, Disney would be it.

Imagine if I sold Actualized.org to Disney.

19 hours ago, Moksha said:

Go Grogu!

Ugliest character name ever.

They should have named him Yobi.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I disagree with your assessment of the show in totality, especially the second season, but I completely agree with the name. They fucked up the name. At least we still have Bill Burr <3

@Elevated They should have named the Bill Burr character Bil Burr.

The biggest problem with the show is that it is so transparently fan service. It's like the producers sat down at the table and ask, "Okay, how can we milk the original Star Wars fans in every way imaginable? Let's make a show solely about that!"

The ending of season 2, with Luke, was so awful. Pure milking fan service. There is not a level too low that this show will not stoop to to milk the fans.

The Star Wars universe has become so derivative. There's nothing original about it any more. Same old shit rehashed over and over again to milk rube fans. It's basically a form of abuse.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, he spent two decades of his life working on these films. Why should he spend his seventies making more Star Wars movies? Besides, Disney is the only system that's big enough to buy Lucas' empire. And Lucas also spent $1 billion dollars on a narrative art museum which looks cool:

171018_BirdsEye_02.jpg

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

7 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Well, he spent two decades of his life working on these films. Why should he spend his seventies making more Star Wars movies?

Right after he sold it, he wrote a script for the new trilogy -- which Disney rejected -- and he got pissed. And he still does some work on the Mando show. So clearly he still has a passion for it.

If I built a passion project like Star Wars, I would rather have it die than sell it off to Disney. What Disney is doing with Star Wars is worse than killing it. It would be like selling Actualized.org to Tai Lopez. I'd rather it just die.

I think it would have been better for Lucas to just hire a great CEO and great directors and producers to take over LucasFilm, and he would only do some creative consulting as they take the reigns.

And Lucas also spent $1 billion dollars on a narrative art museum which looks cool:

That is cool.

Heres the definitive actualized.org Star Wars media from best to worst

Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Solo
Mandalorian
The Last Jedi
Rogue One
The Rise of Skywalker
Attack of Clones
Phantom Menace
Christmas Special

If you disagree, you are wrong. And thats okay.

@Mafortu Attack of The Clones is way better than half your list.

All the Disney shit is so bad it does not even belong in the same list.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yobi One Kenobi? Works for me xD