OBEler

Migraine, cure with psychedelics?

63 posts in this topic

Hello,

my girlfriend has migraine attacks, she has headage for days and she is very light sensitive. Sometimes her attacks are so strong she cannot speak and move. it starts with pain in one eye. 

I researched a little and lsd and mushrooms can help. So I gave her 12 microgramm lsd as her migraine slowly startet (she had already headache and felt she will have a migraine). This dose helped and her migraine was reduced (but not totally), lsd made her nauseous after one hour but she was fine after 2 to 3 hours.

The next day however she was lying in bed the whole day and she had headache. So I ask you what treatment do you recommend that she can overcome this migraine? can psychedelics really help here?

@Barbara she did not took again. it was very small dose. nothing really changed. However she wants to do 100 microgramm lsd tomorrow

she also wants to try out mdma next week. I ask me which would be better doing first. Mdma or lsd?

@OBEler I wouldn’t know. Never tried mdma. 

Does she do contemplation on psychedelics?

@Barbara yes, but as far as I know deep Spiritual insights resolve not Migrain.

There is something in lsd which does Balance to the Brain. Something with the biological clock. This helps to resolve Migrain. There is already Research going on. 

Look for companies like mindmed

Update:

she took 100 microgramm LSD 8 days ago. She met Jesus and was pure soul, apart from her body. She said, she build everything around her, including me and she can do everything. She didnt want to come back to her old person, because this person has too many problems. However she got a glimpse that she creates the problems by herself.

Anyway. Until this day she did not have one migraine. Normally she get migraine one to twice a week, especially when she is outside on sunny days and we went to the beach two times. Some mild headaches she had during these days but not migraine. LSD reduced to 90 % migraine she said. I will update in future.

@OBEler that's amazing man!
it's sad and happy for me to read stories like that because there are so many people suffering who don't know about psychedelics or don't have access to them..but it makes me so happy it worked for your girlfriend :)

I think it could be the case that the migraine comes back after a month or so and if she is not ready for a full dose again, she could try micro dosing right when the migraine begins. You have to test out some stuff.

@acidgoofy she feels ready in a week to take it again. She channels Jesus almost every day. Also Maria. Maria gives her unconditional love. She said she is saved. Just some regret, that she did not take LSD earlier in life. I wish I had given this earlier. So much pain.. life would be complete different

And still no migraine so far. Some days ago was a little headache but went away after an hour, this was however not a migraine, otherwise she would lie in bed for days

Update:

she took 5 days ago on Sunday 50 micrograms LSD. it was not so strong for her. She told, it cured her period problem. Normally she has 5 days black blood, then 5 days red, then 5 days black again. now instantly came red. 

However she feels she needs stronger doses (100 micrograms) to have migraine in check. Yesterday 15 % of migraine came back (a sunny day, on her eyes were pain a little again. this is the beginning symptom of a migraine which normally goes for 2 days lying in bed with pain).

Edited by OBEler

Update: she took 100 microgram LSD again. She was fine, no problems so far. She said, she could even take more. Migraine did not come back. She healed some tensions she always has in her stomach area

Edited by OBEler

Does she eat a healthy diet? Something like Whole Foods Plant Based Diet? Does she take supplements/multivitamins? Getting the nutrients in check with a blood test and other exams could be useful.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

https://examine.com/supplements/feverfew/

Looks like it helps a lot with migraines

IDK if my headaches are migraines but I've tried low dose 5-MeO-DMT for them and it only helps moderately for a short time

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment Interesting, why do you try low dose 5 meo dmt for migrain instead of LSD?  

Is there another value in trying low dose 5 meo for you? Or is it just for fighting migraine?

My girlfriend also like LSD not just for migraine but for personal/spiritual developement. To heal her childhood trauma. Is low dose 5 meo also a great tool for this?

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

why do you try low dose 5 meo dmt for migrain instead of LSD?  

I just had much easier access to 5-meo

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

Is there another value in trying low dose 5 meo for you? Or is it just for fighting migraine?

I was trying low/moderate doses for depression too but ultimately it wasn't helping much and all trips are extremely unpleasant bad trips when I was very derpressed. From the recent studies, psilocybin seems promising for depression but I was too lazy to grow my own shrooms. Overall I think low to moderate doses of 5-MeO are not worth it, neither for migraine or depression.

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment Funny, that you have easier access to 5 meo than lsd. Here in germany it is the other way around.

I tried 5 meo low dose many times. It did not have any value but one thing it did permanently: it enhanced hearing music. I enjoy it so much more thanks to 5 meo. I ask me if you also have recognized this.

However I think you need to take a higher dose for depression. <do you plan to do it?

9 hours ago, OBEler said:

I ask me if you also have recognized this.

No

9 hours ago, OBEler said:

However I think you need to take a higher dose for depression. <do you plan to do it?

No since I only have very light 'residual symptoms' now 

-- Kenneth Folk

@OBEler do you think her migraines are coming from a tension within? Kinda like an internal conflict. That would explain the LSD being effective. 

Otherwise it would be a good idea to look at her overall health as well. Couple of pointers you guys may want to look into: 

* hydration
* stimulant intake
* salt intake
* additives in food luke sulphates, phosphates, sweeteners - make sure to cut all junk including takeaway meals, fast food, sweets and stuff like that 
* animal protein intake
* chronic stress 
* drugs - birth control, painkillers, SSRIs, other drugs 
* exploring her digestive system (does she get constipated often? heavy use of antibiotics in the past?) 
* depression & other mood issues? 
* how is her eye health? does she strain her eyes a lot? 
* could be hypocaloric diet and lack of dietary protein as well 
* sleep issues 
* food allergies/sensitivities are also a concern
* histamine-rich foods 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Yeah you could be right. We went to a physiotherapeut who did manual therapy on her. he said, she has a very very stiff neck. And her rip bones are not really movable. She has food problems and this has a direct link to her head he said. She has a lot of stress, so her neck is alwais tight.

This could also explain why LSD works. It releases her tension in her body.

Update:

she told me that last week on the day where she took 100 micro LSD, she was at the beginning of a migraine. This was one of the reason she took LSD. LSD resolved the temporary migraine symptoms. However some days later she has some mild headache (but not a migraine).

Update: today her migraine came back. she is light sensitive again and is in the beginning of a migraine. She consider to take more LSD next time