Phyllis Wagner

Jumping out the window on shrooms

58 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Roy said:

Never trip by yourself no matter what drug or dosage you're taking, that's irresponsible as fuck.

You'll never go deep enough unless you're alone. 

I only trip if I'm alone. :D 

@Leo Gura Sure, I kind of get it. But if you would have put your hand on that stove, so what if pain ultimately isn't real or pain is love. You would have still felt and regretted it. So isn't this a kind of delusion, like people believing they can fly and hurting themselves? 

This is like if you get a thought that the earth is flat on psychedelics and totally believe it in that dream-like, and then when you come down you think that was silly but you say to yourself "no wait! the earth really IS flat - i just can't comprehend it from my current state of consciousness". Just doesn't seem like a healthy thought process to me.

Edited by Phyllis Wagner

13 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

After I watched The Joker in the local cinema last year, I thought about going to see it a second time, bur this time around on 150 mg of acid.

Maybe my being such a cheap bastart saved my ass in the end... heh!

Haha I remember when Joker came out to theaters we bought tickets with my friend to the premiere next Friday. Unfortunately I had forgotten that I had scheduled and planned a shroom trip for the next Saturday a long time ago. 

I couldn't really cancel neither of those so I went to see the movie with a stone heart keeping myself emotionally as detached as possible because I didn't want to stimulate myself emotionally prior the trip. It was sooo stupid like there was no point being there. I kept myself really well detached and just kept analyzing the movie and seeing through all the acting. I kept scanning the content but didn't immerse with all the emotional stuff presented there. I sensed all the potential emotional stimulus I could've enjoyed with the rest of the people watching the movie so it was like torture lol.

I guess not resisting the emotions and fully jumping into the experience the movie had to offer would've been less emotional stimulus than all the frustration and cynicism I went through while playing that stupid game with myself...

Well, anyway the Joker didn't jump into my next day trip so I guess it was a successful experimentation after all lol.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The urge to jump is precisely because you're so conscious you realize it makes absolutely no difference whether you jump or not. So why not jump? You want to jump just to prove to yourself that death isn't real and there is nothing to fear.

Reminds me of the scene from Inception where Mal jumped out the window while Dom tried to convince her not to :D

Well she didn't directly know that death isn't real but she knew -- or thought -- that the life she was living is a dream so she could wake up to real life after her ''death''.

She should've never smoked Salvia :(

19 hours ago, fridjonk said:

When you're so macho, you can do anything... until the ring chick starts to chase you. xD 

Fuck that bitch. She haunted my childhood

errbody gangsta till that bizach crawls out their tv

She probably just lookin for sum of that love that everyone keeps talkin about tho

Edited by blankisomeone

What about going into a hugh open field?

That seems like the safest place.

31 minutes ago, freejoy said:

What about going into a hugh open field?

That seems like the safest place.

You might eat some poisonous berries or something :P

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Phyllis Wagner You are conflating personal and trans-personal domains. In transpersonal psychedelic domains, the personal you does not exist.

From a personal perspective, of course taking precautions for the welfare of the personal mind and body is important. From a personal perspective, we don't want to injure or traumatize ourselves during a trip. Yet from a trans-personal perspective, this doesn't matter since the personal "me" doesn't exist. 

However, my sense is that there is still a subconscious self-preservation dynamic operative during a trip. Even though the conscious rational and self-referential thinking is dissolved, it seems like there is something subconscious that has self-preservation programming, yet there is still a loss of conscious self-preservation. . .

Imagine driving a car and you start daydreaming. There is no conscious "you" driving the car. The conscious "you" is in la-la dreaming it is on a beach in Belize. Yet there is still a subconscious auto-pilot driving the car. That auto-pilot still has intentions of self preservation, yet this is compromised since you are daydreaming and there is no conscious "you" present. From the perspective of "me" it's a bad idea to drive while daydreaming since my risk of injury increases. Yet the dream character laying on a beach in Belize doesn't care about car safety. . . Yet, if the dream character on the Belize beach realizes that he has another character that is driving a car on a highway and he can't leave the Belize dream to drive the car, intense anxiety and panic may arise. 

Similarly, the conscious self-preservation system can dissolve during a trip - so while tripping, we want to avoid things like driving a car, swimming in an ocean, using a meat slicer, going to Grand Central Station during rush hour, hiking along a cliff etc. 

Different people have different relationships with self-preservation and harm. Before my first Ayahuasca retreat in Peru, I was asking dozens of questions oriented toward self-preservation and harm reduction. "What if I freak out? What if someone else freaks out? What if I get crazy impulses to scream or punch someone? How do I reduce the intensity of the trip?". And on and on. . . Yet other first-timers were in a very different space. They were like "whatever happens, happens. Let's go for it". 

It's a good idea for people with harm concerns to let go, yet also take precautions. If I'm concerned about harming myself during a trip, this may arise during the trip and could be much more intense since I'm no longer driving the car. Blasting through this zone with a high dose can work, yet ime it can also backfire. I've found it helpful to enter transitional zones in mid-dose areas. These are like lucid dreaming spaces in which I'm still present and have control, yet not full control. Then I can work with surrendering into it and going with the flow as a co-creator. When played well, this mini-dose zone can be amazing. It's like being in a lucid dream that is as vivid as waking life. And if things start to get too weird, I still have enough control to talk myself down rationally (such as "this isn't real. The trip will wear off in a few hours. Just breath and relax"). 

Yes you can feel like your personal barriers and inhibitions are lowered so much that you can feel like you could do some "crazy" things. like I absolutely get why people could end up running in the streets naked on psychedelics, or feel like they could fly and jump out a window, you just kinda don't give a fuck. But if you're well aware of the circumstances that you're in I don't think it's a particularly large risk. Like it's still your choice as to whether or not you're going to do the stupid thing or not, it's not like the psychedelic is mind-controlling you to do stupid shit.

Like for example I went for a walk through the park on shrooms once and I had to piss and I was like "oh I could just piss right here, what difference does it make?" but then I was like "oh wait, no that goes against standard human conventions, and even though I feel like in this moment I am beyond such conventions, I still know what those conventions are and so it remains in my best interest to not piss out in the open but to walk back home and do it in private."

I kind of get the impression that people who end up acting on a lot of the more destructive impulses while on psychedelics are also the type to do stuff like mix drugs like alcohol into the mix. if you're drunk and tripping then you're just asking for trouble.

To answer the question. Yes but you'll need a huge amount of psychedelics that you forget you've taken them or maybe if your suicidal or depressed and realize this experience is just one and is followed by another. It's gonna be less likely if you see the love in existence and trust. I'd say when you slowly dose up and get some experience you'll be quiet safe. But with the other tryptamins i dont know. 

I know someone who jumped from a roof of a small building. So handle them wisely and carefully.. 

5 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

Fuck that bitch. She haunted my childhood

errbody gangsta till that bizach crawls out their tv

She probably just lookin for sum of that love that everyone keeps talkin about tho

That movie messed me up, too.  I thought I was the only one, unless you're kidding of course.

15 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I've found it helpful to enter transitional zones in mid-dose areas. These are like lucid dreaming spaces in which I'm still present and have control, yet not full control. Then I can work with surrendering into it and going with the flow as a co-creator.

Just curious, roughly what dose is this for you on, say, mushrooms and LSD? Like 2.5g, 200ug or something like that? I realize everyone is different and perhaps there are other factors that influence the zone you’re talking about.

On 15.3.2021 at 1:37 AM, Moksha said:

To nobody in particular:

Why is it so hard to understand that You created this reality for a reason? Why the craving to end it, when it is You that created it, in the first place? It sounds egoic, like you need to prove something to someone. If you are actually awake, why prove anything? Just enjoy the dream that You created, and honor it for what it is.

Life has value. Consciousness created it for a reason. Celebrate it and make the most of it. Dream lucidly, and Be within the dream. ?

Thank you.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

not on drugs but in diffrent dimension, once i cut myself (just a little bit) just so i can "feel" what cutters get out of cutting them self,  NEVER AGAIN. only hurts and there is no point of it. lol. no scars no anything. mind is tricky thing.

a friend of mine that has no idea what spirituality or self help is, did shrooms for the first time in his life and really started to beleive that he has gone insane due to hallucinations and generally being in an "unknown territory" and was planning to jump his 5th floor window, he didnt tho.

Nice guys, keep giving me more possibilities to OCD about while tripping lol. 

Blenders knifes windows hot stoves, stabbing the wife i dont have... 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

Nice guys, keep giving me more possibilities to OCD about while tripping lol. 

Blenders knifes windows hot stoves, stabbing the wife i dont have... 

xDxDxD