Phyllis Wagner

Jumping out the window on shrooms

58 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The urge to jump is precisely because you're so conscious you realize it makes absolutely no difference whether you jump or not. So why not jump? You want to jump just to prove to yourself that death isn't real and there is nothing to fear.

Once, on a high dose of 5-MeO-DMT I got the urge to turn on the stove and press my hand on it, just to see that pain isn't real.

So yeah, you do have to be careful. It is possible to do stupid and dangerous things on psychedelics. Psychedelics can eliminate all your normal inhibitions because they wipe out fear. Fear is basically what keeps you alive.

This reminds me very, very much of something I heard Alan Watts say: 

Because horror, the doom, has a fascination for everybody. The same thing, kind of vertigo, which one gets looking over a precipice, the temptation to jump.

I know a young man. I did know him. He’s dead.

He had tried everything. He had tried all possible changes of consciousness, all possible drugs and experiments.

And finally, he did something to die. And I am sure I know why. He had to find out what death was about. It found out everything else. But he was completely fascinated, and so always when you paint the picture of doom. Say this is what’s going to happen to you if you are simply asking for trouble. People will go to their tombs.

To nobody in particular:

Why is it so hard to understand that You created this reality for a reason? Why the craving to end it, when it is You that created it, in the first place? It sounds egoic, like you need to prove something to someone. If you are actually awake, why prove anything? Just enjoy the dream that You created, and honor it for what it is.

Life has value. Consciousness created it for a reason. Celebrate it and make the most of it. Dream lucidly, and Be within the dream. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

36 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Because horror, the doom, has a fascination for everybody. The same thing, kind of vertigo, which one gets looking over a precipice, the temptation to jump.

There are different dynamics with horror and doom. Some people might be attracted to watching documentaries of serial killers. Other people may experience harm anxiety. For example, while cutting vegetable with a knife suddenly OCD thoughts and urges to stab one's wife arise. There is a struggle to repress such awful impulses. . . There are people suffering that are consumed by ending there on life.

Yet there is a very different dynamic with psychedelics in which horrific event is not perceived as a horrific because there is no fear, horror or "me". For example, one time while on a strong trip I walked into my kitchen and saw a knife and a glass of water. There was no difference between drinking a glass of water or stabbing myself with the knife. In the background, there was anxiety - yet also confusion over what it meant. Should I drink the water or stab "myself" with the knife? Yet there was no "me" trying to preserve itself or trying to end it's life. I didn't exist. It would be like picking up a knife to cut a sandwich in half and then all of a sudden anxiety arises that something is wrong. The person would be very confused why anxiety is present. . .

If enough of "me" returns and realizes that I might jump out a window or stab myself and I don't feel like I'm in control, then a full on panic can arise. Ime, this is one of the most difficult psychedelic spaces to work through. 

49 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

There was no difference between drinking a glass of water or stabbing myself with the knife.

The knowledge of the Samurai. Shall the blade not strike bone as to blunt it's edge.

5 minutes ago, cetus said:

The knowledge of the Samurai. Shall the blade not strike bone as to blunt it's edge.

I'm not 'cut out' to be a Samurai. . . 

25 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I'm not 'cut out' to be a Samurai. . . 

Here's something somewhat funny (maybe it's just me) but I watched a Y-T a few hours ago titled- 'How I Bleed out working at Subway Sandwiches'

Could this the makings of a true Samurai?

2 hours ago, Forestluv said:

If enough of "me" returns and realizes that I might jump out a window or stab myself and I don't feel like I'm in control, then a full on panic can arise. Ime, this is one of the most difficult psychedelic spaces to work through. 

That's the Default Mode Network freaking out b-c your mind is at total rest. Wanting to reassure itself by doing a 'safety check'.

10 minutes ago, cetus said:

That's the Default Mode Network freaking out b-c your mind is at total rest. Wanting to reassure itself by doing a 'safety check'.

The DMN takes a peek into the trip and is like “wtf is going on here?!”

Never trip by yourself no matter what drug or dosage you're taking, that's irresponsible as fuck.

It's no wonder psychedelics get a bad name. If we want them to be taken seriously sooner rather than later we need to adhere to a strict code of conduct.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Phyllis Wagner Maybe rent a room on the first floor and do them there instead if this worries you?
Although, maybe jumping would be the best experience you could ever have?  Don't do it, but what if you were in a really wonderful state, and you did, and when you crashed into the concrete, you would go right through it into an infinite singularity of love or whatever your beliefs are on the afterlife?  And if you didn't, you end up with a deadly cancer?

23 minutes ago, Roy said:

Never trip by yourself no matter what drug or dosage you're taking, that's irresponsible as fuck.

It's no wonder psychedelics get a bad name. If we want them to be taken seriously sooner rather than later we need to adhere to a strict code of conduct.

@Roy Great advise. Best to have a designated trip sitter just to be safe and if not needed they were there for the piece of mind. 

These responses kinda freak me out. Guess I will stick to microdosing.

I remember on my first shroom trip I avoided my blender because I knew I was open minded enough to stick my hand in it. I was probably fine but ya know it was my first trip.

I also remember on another trip, wanting to stab myself in the chest with Thumbtacks because reasons. Probably wiping of ego/fear. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Once, on a high dose of 5-MeO-DMT I got the urge to turn on the stove and press my hand on it, just to see that pain isn't real.

How can you be that conscious and at the same time lack the basic foresight that you will have to deal with these burns for months in a practical sense, probably even do permanent damage to the sensitive nerve endings on the finger tips.

So in that state this doesn't concern you. Okay, then why not have the foresight that it will concern you when the state ends. It's not deliriant after all.

Edited by Phyllis Wagner

2 hours ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

These responses kinda freak me out. Guess I will stick to microdosing.

@Phyllis Wagner Just get a trip sitter and you'll be fine. Don't take too much and stick to the other rules (set, setting, etc.).

5 hours ago, Phyllis Wagner said:

How can you be that conscious and at the same time lack the basic foresight that you will have to deal with these burns for months in a practical sense, probably even do permanent damage to the sensitive nerve endings on the finger tips.

You don't get it. If you are infinitely conscious, it makes no difference what so ever. All difference is delusion.

So in that state this doesn't concern you. Okay, then why not have the foresight that it will concern you when the state ends. It's not deliriant after all.

Again, you don't get it. When you are infinitely consciousness, time ceases to exist and nothing ever ends.

- - - - - -

Your objections and fears come from an ego that is preoccupied with survival. God-consciousness does not care about such silly things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The urge to jump is precisely because you're so conscious you realize it makes absolutely no difference whether you jump or not. So why not jump? You want to jump just to prove to yourself that death isn't real and there is nothing to fear.

So yeah, you do have to be careful. It is possible to do stupid and dangerous things on psychedelics. Psychedelics can eliminate all your normal inhibitions because they wipe out fear. Fear is basically what keeps you alive.

Why be careful if it is just a simulation though?

In Tate we trust