Phyllis Wagner

Jumping out the window on shrooms

58 posts in this topic

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'll just ask this bluntly. I am on a higher floor, Is there a danger of jumping out the windows on higher doses of shrooms when doing them alone?

I've just done microdoses and I was very much in control, but I am a bit concerned about doing higher dosages alone. 

There are no documented cases of people jumping out of windows on psychedelics according to Hamilton Morris.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

There are no documented cases of people jumping out of windows on psychedelics according to Hamilton Morris.

There was a case in my country a few years back, where a guy went to a horror movie on LSD and ended up running out of the theater and jumping off the 2nd floor in the mall. Ah, the stupidity. ?

If you have a healthy psyche and not a traumatized past, you'll be fine, especially if it ain't a stupidly high dose. 

Edited by fridjonk

Just now, fridjonk said:

There was a case in my country a few years back, where a guy went to a horror movie on LSD and ended up running out of the theater and jumping off the 2nd floor in the mall. Ah, the stupidity. ?

If you have a healthy psyche and not a traumatized past, you'll be fine, especially if it ain't a stupidly high dose. 

Just... why... 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Just... why... 

When you're so macho, you can do anything... until the ring chick starts to chase you. xD 

Edited by fridjonk

Just speaking for myself here... but whenever I trip on medium to high doses of mushrooms, I am pracrically immobilized and glued to the couch/bed/floor (while LSD has no effect on my motor skills whatsoever. Well, almost no effect... maybe a little drunken swagger :D).

So yeah, I'd say the risk of jumping out the window is faaaaaaiiiiirly manageable... but of course, it's your call. Follow your gut feeling.

Why so serious?

9 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

When you're so macho, you can do anything... until the ring chick starts to chase you. xD 

A shortcut to wisdom. :D

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Reminded me of this video lol

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

After I watched The Joker in the local cinema last year, I thought about going to see it a second time, bur this time around on 150 mg of acid.

Maybe my being such a cheap bastart saved my ass in the end... heh!

Why so serious?

I would lock the windows just in case anyway. 

But if you are planning to do larger doses of psychedelics while in a state of 'wanting to be in controle so much'. i'd wait if i where you. Psychedelics on a larger dose can sweep you of your feet. And if you are not ready for that you probably panic 'trying to take back 'control''. 

Its a good thing to slowly up your doses. What dose did you had in mind for your first more intense trip? 

There is not really a risk of jumping out of the window on mushrooms.

With salvia there is an actual risk of that, but it's a completely different type of trip. It's not recommended to do salvia alone, especially in an apartment or any other potentially dangerous place because people do freak out on salvia and can be operating in a completely different incomprehensible reality.

Mushrooms aren't really like that, you're still "here" unless the dosage is extremely huge, in which case you're voyaging internally and not really moving around at all, and you are still conscious.

I would put a caveat that it's conceivable that if someone were suicidal, perhaps they could get into a bad headspace on the trip and make some very bad decisions, so if someone were feeling suicidal, I would recommend a psychiatrist or councillor and not mushrooms.

BTW there's a fancy word for jumping out of a window: defenestration.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I've done 2-3g of Psilocybe cubensis and I was afraid of the same. I didn't know what to expect from a mushroom trip which is kind of irresponsible from me. But I felt relatively sane during the trip so I did end up sitting in my 5th floor balcony looking down at people walking by.  Didn't desire to hop or anything

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

I actually had a window experience on my first mushroom trip. I looked out my bedroom window and realized I was eternal everything and I could fly. Yet there was no "I", so it was more like there was eternal everything and flight. Then there was a desire to fly. It was so beautiful and free. . . Yet, in the back of my mind, there was a soft voice that said this could be harmful to me and to go downstairs. I didn't understand. There was no difference between jumping out the window or walking downstairs. In this mindstate, rational and intuition are flipped - so rational thinking seems to be some odd sense that I don't quite get. I ended up walking downstairs and later realized what it would be like to actually jump out a window or cliff on a high dose of mushrooms.

I've had to deal with harm anxiety while tripping. For me, I reduce the options. For a while, one of my anxieties is that I would send inappropriate texts / emails to my students and colleagues while tripping. So before my trips, I would drain my phone battery and put the phone and charger in a place that is difficult to access. 

2 hours ago, mmKay said:

IBut I felt relatively sane during the trip so I did end up sitting in my 5th floor balcony looking down at people walking by.  Didn't desire to hop or anything

I couldn't even do this sober, let alone tripping. I have severe anxiety of heights with sharp drop offs. 

I get a strong urge to jump out the window on DMT. The love is so strong it literally makes you want to kill yourself.

Mushrooms not so much.

Maybe you can bolt a simple padlock on the window and hide the key in your car. Just for peace of mind. Better safe than sorry. People sometimes to stupid things on high doses of psychedelics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe you can bolt a simple padlock on the window and hide the key in your car.

Well you will remember the where you hid the key, and just go into the car when high on psychedelics. Its maybe better to jus ask a friend to hide the key for you.

5 minutes ago, Peo said:

Well you will remember the where you hid the key, and just go into the car when high on psychedelics.

No, it doesn't work like that. Such urges on psychedelics are brief. You will not go through all the hassle of going to your care just to get a key to jump out a window. By the time you walk to the your car you will forget you even cared about jumping.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I get a strong urge to jump out the window on DMT. The love is so strong it literally makes you want to kill yourself.

@Leo Gura Are you for real? 

Besides... I think in your episode about death and immortality you said something along the lines of "okay, so if death = love, then why not just shoot yourself in the head? Because that would require an identification with the body and that ""you"" can be killed (like that) in the first place". 

So.. if you know that you can't kill yourself by killing your body, what's up with that jumping urge?

8 minutes ago, Tim R said:

So.. if you know that you can't kill yourself by killing your body, what's up with that jumping urge?

The urge to jump is precisely because you're so conscious you realize it makes absolutely no difference whether you jump or not. So why not jump? You want to jump just to prove to yourself that death isn't real and there is nothing to fear.

Once, on a high dose of 5-MeO-DMT I got the urge to turn on the stove and press my hand on it, just to see that pain isn't real.

So yeah, you do have to be careful. It is possible to do stupid and dangerous things on psychedelics. Psychedelics can eliminate all your normal inhibitions because they wipe out fear. Fear is basically what keeps you alive.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The urge to jump is precisely because you're so conscious you realize it makes absolutely no difference whether you jump or not. So why not jump? You want to jump just to prove to yourself that death isn't real and there is nothing to fear.

Once, on a high dose of 5-MeO-DMT I got the urge to turn on the stove and press my hand on it, just to see that pain isn't real.

So yeah, you do have to be careful. It is possible to do stupid and dangerous things on psychedelics. Psychedelics can eliminate all your normal inhibitions because they wipe out fear. Fear is basically what keeps you alive.

Quite an interesting take on Psychedelic hallucinations......... "You realize you got nothing to lose". Part of me resonates with that for sure.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You want to jump just to prove to yourself that death isn't real and there is nothing to fear.

But wait a minute. If I know  that death isn't real, why "prove" it? Or is it just sorta... for kicks?xD The ultimate gamble? Just really wanting to find out what lies behind this alleged "death"?