Flim

Why have I created a reality in which animals kill and eat other animals?

49 posts in this topic

To ensure a self-renewing cycle and balance in nature.

By eating animals, you reduce its population so that they cannot overpower all other species.

Your shit fertilizes the soil, which in turn produces plants, tree and flowers, which in turn convert CO2 to O2, which allows us and other species to breathe and thus live.

And so on.

Every direct answer to the question that starts with 'why' is going to be just a pure storytelling. The best answer would be: "why not?". Causality is one of the weapons of the apparent ego, to strengthen the belief in separation . The question to ask is not 'why', but 'what'. Reality is unconditional, investigate the direct experience to see 'what it is', so every 'why' question is answered automagically. ✨

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

20 hours ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

From a higher perspective, all that is going on is Reality/God/Love/Consciousness/Universe eating itself :->

Beautiful??

20 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

The mistake would be to not see the vast web of relationships in reality and how each part is dependent on the other. There is an absolute necessity in everything being just as it is, right now and forever. It's a perfect design.

I subscribe that.

But still quite difficult to accept situation like animal torture, abuse and exploitation.

Don't you agree?

I just experienced, probably the most expression of Love, and it transformed into sadness and difficulty to understand.

Last Tuesday I saw a couple of Egyptian Geese with 8 duckling.

So Beautiful that is difficult to describe, pure Love.

And the same for the following 3 days.

On the fourth day it was only 2.?

Today the couple was alone. ?

I believe it wasn't human interference, but still.

At least they should have the blessing to rise 2/3 of them.

They are African natives and the last week was very, very windy and cold.

If we introduce them into UK we are responsible to care for them.

What are your thoughts?

IMG_20210311_122010.jpg

Edited by Bruno NuAr

6 hours ago, Bruno NuAr said:

I just experienced, probably the most expression of Love, and it transformed into sadness and difficulty to understand.

Last Tuesday I saw a couple of Egyptian Geese with 8 duckling.

So Beautiful that is difficult to describe, pure Love.

And the same for the following 3 days.

On the fourth day it was only 2.?

Today the couple was alone. ?

What are your thoughts?

The human experience of empathy for similar beings is a just as beautiful part of reality as anything, but realize how selective this empathy is. It's very interesting if you go to videos of cute animals being rescued and compare the comment section there to a video of cockroaches being killed. The sense of relief expressed in both cases is nearly identical. Selective empathy is a deeply ingrained survival mechanism, but it can also be heavily conditioned.

There is this youtube channel that uses dogs and minks as rat control, and the comment section there is filled with rationalizations for why it's OK, which is only there because of an obvious underlying feeling of empathy for the poor rats. The dog owners are of course completely desensitized to the dogs tearing them to pieces, but they also make sure to take care of any live rats they catch. For me, I often feel the same level of empathy for a rat as for a dog as for a cockroach.

The perk of elevating your consciousness is that you get to see past these limited and selfish perspectives. You may start feeling empathy for a plant just as much as a human, not because they're equal, but because you recognize their innate beauty and begin to marvel at the wonder of their very existence. This is directly tied to seeing the interconnectedness of everything and recognizing the necessity of constrasts, polarities, and opposites.

What would happen if we eliminated all types of death? Well, for starters, what are the decomposers going to eat? If there are no decomposers to decompose organic material, how do you get nutrients in the soil? What happens to the carbon cycle? The nitrogen cycle? How can plants grow without nutrients? How can animals live without plants?

Do you see just how intricate and intertwined the process of growth and decay is? This is just one example, but whichever way you choose to look at reality, you can't escape the fact that without death, there can be no life. From this perspective, you can actually start to appreciate death and even see the beauty in it, and maybe you can slowly start to let go of your fear of it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

57 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

"You may start feeling empathy for a plant just as much as a human, not because they're equal, but because you recognize their innate beauty and marvel at the wonder of their existence."

I do, I help a fly to escape from my windows with the same mindset as helping an elderly person to get up after a fall.

I also feel empathy for objects and care for them.

I believe my empathy it's absolute.

I am giving the ducklings example because it is my direct experience and happened over the last days.

"What would happen if we eliminated all types of death? Well, for starters, what are the decomposers going to eat? If there is no decomposition of organic material, how do you get nutrients in the soil? What happens to the carbon cycle? The nitrogen cycle? How can plants grow without nutrients? How can animals live without plants?"

I understand that it's out of question to eliminate all death, at least on this reality.

The difficulty to accept this it's because there was 8 of them, after 4 days only 2, and today not even 1.

From my point of view it's out of balance, there aren't many Egyptian Geese around.

So why should we worrie with Covid-19 (I don't), and invest so much energy in trying to preserve lifes.

The death numbers are not even significant comparing with the worldwide population.

Don't you agree?

Personally I don't fear death, I know that I am immortal.

But on this situation it's quite different because I was so connected with the idea of going there everyday and get mesmerized with the magical Love of watching them grow to Beautiful Egyptian Geese.

I would probably get more easily in a state of acceptance if I find out how they got killed!?

Edited by Bruno NuAr

Because there'd be no other way to create it. A utopia wouldn't be life, because it would be meaningless (everything's perfect - why wake up in the morning?) 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Well, I would start with questioning the notion that you have created reality.

That people say that you have created reality doesn't necessarily mean it's true.