Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neovox

enlightenment is bullshit (my personal realization)

28 posts in this topic

I spontaneoulsy realized that my chasing "enlightenment" these years was a bit misplaced. Quite a bit. Speaking from my experience only. It was one of those aha moments that struck a deep truth. "Enlightenment" is  a  word, that represents a concept, differently to different people, but its main idea for me,  just off  top my head is  permanent state of equanimity,, peace, embodiment of indiscriminate Love,,  deep mastery of presence,  profound awareness,   experiential deep understanding of no self and non duality ,, a baseline  state of an ever calm, light, and spontaneous, "free fall" demeanor , the deep wisdom that comes from experience and being extremely rarely highly conscious; as well as knowing not knowing, and I could go on and on, but its all just my projections about what I fantasize enlightenment to be. I thought to myself, ten more years and maybe I'll have it.  I set a ten year goal and got after it. I did all the work,,meditated all the time,, journaled, self inquiry, massive amounts of books, consumed Leo, other YouTube spiritual content. I went hard for 3 years,  and basically immerssed myself in all things spirituality.  it was at least an equivalent of what a bachelors degree would be if one existed in spiritual studies., But I was doing it kind of like a college kid. Does his shit. I was focused on getting to the goal and consuming as much content that I missed it.  I was doing a lot of doing and no being, butI was feeling good about it at the time my ego was enjoying the spiritual identity, the 'progress" "work" tho..

I was drinking a cup of coffee and it just occurred to me out of nowhere in very profound way that I am going about this all wrong. This whole time , all that work, has been misdirected. Inner dialogue, (I call it God when I feel it like this)  "you're working on..? Your  Enlightenment?  Your imaginary concept of "Enlightenment? You know that's all bullshit. First, your concept is big bullshit and "the larger concept itself is bullshit its just language that was created to describe people that have reached highly evolved rare states. None of it is real or actual, just a concept people have conditioned themselves to  believe is one actual state of ultimate desired  consciousness   that represents "you've made it" which is another bullshit concept. Anyone who claims to be enlightened is most likely NOT enlightened because one with rare high conscious is likely too fulfilled to have a desire for such distinctions and labels.  It's  IT IS A FUTURE GOALl for the ego mind to pursue. Adding, the motivation of many to becoming an "enlightened" being  for themselves, without much of a consideration for how to apply that to benefit all. This whole enlightenment path is a misguided human contract. It may work for some. For you, not so much. 

This approach is superior and come from a higher place., As we said forget about enlightenment and most everything you thought you learned about it., its become less than productive t. Instead streamline your energy and focus on NOW. The present moment. Extracting as much as you can from the present moment only. Practice experiencing the moment with as much feeling as you can, direct feeling  as deeply and profoundly as you're capable.  Train yourself slowly by closing your eyes and tasting your food with more awareness and depth than before.. Its the feeling that we're going to go with for. Not the thoughts or emotions thatt are secondary., just the raw sensations. Experience the sensations themselves without attaching opinions.  close your eyes and experience a shower with new depth of attention as you wash your body, dry off. Do this with everything possible. Practice this until it becomes second nature. At the beginning especially close your eyes when you're attempting to experience deeply, unless you require sight.. When you eat, chew slowly and taste it more deeply than before.  Every time you get a chance to close your eyes and take 1 or 2 very deep breaths focused  attention on the feeling of the air entering your nose or lungs, do that often feeling the sensations.  you're training to become deeply present as soulful. In each moment. Results will be substantial and fast.  Thats it. Much more streamline and made for your personal spiritual aptitudes.. This simple practice is authentic to you and will put you inline with the Infinite Intelligence and Will of God..  An ego that has been properly purified, and sensitive  and receptive to God .. Which will entail you dying..  Thats a proper goal.. but lets just focus on being present in the moment.

The ego loves to chase goals, which are always outside of itself, including the goal of enlightenment. xD Somehow, every goal, once achieved, is a disappointment.

Nice insights on simply being present. Nothing else is needed. Less thinking, more being. 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, neovox said:

Your imaginary concept of "Enlightenment? You know that's all bullshit.

If it is only a concept for you, then yes. For some, it is an actual experience they have or have had. It's not bullshit, you can get more conscious, way more conscious than you currently are and if your identity with a limited self drops, then you are Enlightened. It doesn't mean you can't get more conscious, you can. You can't get more Enlightened though, because you have already dropped the limited identity of being a person.

1 hour ago, neovox said:

Anyone who claims to be enlightened is most likely NOT enlightened because one with rare high conscious is likely too fulfilled to have a desire for such distinctions and labels.

I don't see such a requirement. Saying you are Enlightened when you in fact are is honesty. Why would an Enlightened person not want to be honest? A person claiming to be Enlightened is most likely not that, because most people are deluded and Enlightenment is rare, and not because there is something that stops Enlightened people from being honest about it when asked or when it's appropriate in communication.

1 hour ago, neovox said:

IT IS A FUTURE GOAL

If you want to frame it that way. You can also understand it as morphing of the present moment. Whether you will treat it as a future goal depends on your level of consciousness. Either way, it doesn't matter how you look at it, you have to do the work to attain it. And you can use any type of framing, you don't have to say achievement, attainment, etc., you can say "uncovering your true self", "being one with everything", whatever. It doesn't change the reality of what it takes to abide in that state. And what it takes is a lot of intense labor. And I use the word labor on purpose because sometimes this work is painful like giving a f*cking birth, yet just like the birth, it's all because of Love.

1 hour ago, neovox said:

the motivation of many to becoming an "enlightened" being  for themselves, without much of a consideration for how to apply that to benefit all

Selflessness is a complicated business. Becoming Enlightened doesn't give you the ability to effortlessly make the most selfless choice every time. It only gives you understanding that no matter what you do, you are acting in the name of the highest Good and Love. Take for example this situation, the malaria-infested mosquito is about to bite your daughter, what do you do: do you kill the mosquito, or let it bite your daughter and infect her? What is a truly saintly, selfless choice in this situation? See, it's not so straightforward. You need to make relative judgments even when being Enlightened.

I have no judgment towards  enlightenment.  I have spent a great deal of time and energy pursuing the concept of enlightenment. An ancient concept shared by wisest, oldest religious institutions, and countless advanced spiritual practitioners since forever ago. I certainly don't  think I have the drop on these spiritual bodies. I wish i I could declare with a pure heart.t"I am "ENLIGHTENED!" My perspective relates to mostly myself,  based on my limited experience and conscious capabilities. I was simply sharing a realization. The concept of enlightenment has been given much weight because deep historical stories and meaning we've attached, This word has a monopoly (at least in English) for the state of consciousness used describe our most venerated, beloved, and advanced humans in history. The word and concept can carry emotional attachment. Especially if you've related to, invested in, and identify with the concept for a long time. Its not that enlightenment is not real, it is as real as you make it. I am saying enlightenment is not actual. Its a model that describes and helps many understand the advanced states of consciousness. Enlightenment is not an actual thing., The venerated practitioners that embody it are actual(in a relative sense). These practitioners would remain elevated expressions of consciousness regardless of existence of the concept of enlightenment. I can't exactly speak for them, but I would assume someone that exists on such a plane does not place too much attention on the distinction of being enlightened. Its a territory/ map thing. And because we seekers desire advancement, and  enlightenment is ultimate concept that we use to represent that desired state, we can easily miss the point. Or at least  I did. Enlightenment is not a goal in the future. That is nothing more than mind stuff that will have your ego taking you further away from God and Enlightenment if you aren't careful. Enlightenment is here, now.  The consciousness required to experience it is not elsewhere either. The extent of your consciousness is decided by you, here now too. It takes time and discipline for most of us of course, but that work is accomplished NOW. To wait for something to happen, some preconceived idea you hold, before you gain the balls to create is... a mistake that many require, but not necessary.  The  present moment is your only responsibility and fully your responsibility. Feel it from inside you, experience the Truth  of it. , I shared this realization because it is so practical, and gotten growth and deep fulfilment since. Adjusting my focus this way along with the work in progress  of voluntarily giving all thoughts, concerns, fears, goals of the future  to Infinite Intelligence/ God.  I try to be as present as possible, and try my best not to give any thought to anything else.  My experiences of God's awsomeness and my becoming conscious of my truest path; ;God's desire for me, for me to willingly give any and everything . Cling to nothing.  And occupy the present moment as fully as I am capable. And share as I am able.  Tall order if there is any "you" left, but the intention and effort are enough. I'm far from anything resembling advanced practitioner, I have shit loads of issues. but i feel my path. The fulfilment I experience has a new depth. I've become a crybaby and cry over everything, but its good crying, great crying.  I have had the extraordinary, beyond human experience of feeling God's Love without psychedelics. 

Edited by neovox

@neovox good for you. But enlightenment has nothing to do with personal experience, expectations, thoughts nor achievements. It is counterproductively, When “I” drops enlightenment happens. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, James123 said:

@neovox good for you. But enlightenment has nothing to do with personal experience, expectations, thoughts nor achievements. It is counterproductively, When “I” drops enlightenment happens. 

Interesting, because after ego death your I becomes way larger then before, if anything I is encompassing whole experience , pushing all other experiences aside , but it is for sure not the same I that you had before, which makes me question what is real cause. Maybe word beingness is more appropriate, but it would be not quite correct too. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

18 minutes ago, PureRogueQ said:

Interesting, because after ego death your I becomes way larger then before, if anything I is encompassing whole experience , pushing all other experiences aside , but it is for sure not the same I that you had before, which makes me question what is real cause. 

Experiencing ego death is not enough for enlightenment. You must go deeper till to there is no “you” to think, understand, experience and evaluate, till just be. The reason why you become larger, after ego death you realize that eyes dont see anything or there is no eyes, you are this, the moment. However, thought process doesnt stop and you keep name and label what you are. However, what you are can not be name and label, understand, seen nor point out to, can just “BE”.

In a non-dual consciousness, the ego getting bigger or smaller is a pointless distinction. It's all one, there's no ego. Yet only when you are in a state of that kind you can see it.

4 hours ago, neovox said:

Its not that enlightenment is not real, it is as real as you make it. I am saying enlightenment is not actual.

What the heck? I could say that broccoli in my fridge is not actual, that it's only a concept. But I would be an idiot if that has stopped from going to the kitchen and eating it. Go eat that broccoli, make Enlightenment actual for yourself.

You have to work harder and not feed yourself with that bullshit.

56 minutes ago, James123 said:

Experiencing ego death is not enough for enlightenment. You must go deeper till to there is no “you” to think, understand, experience and evaluate, till just be. The reason why you become larger, after ego death you realize that eyes dont see anything or there is no eyes, you are this, the moment. However, thought process doesnt stop and you keep name and label what you are. However, what you are can not be name and label, understand, seen nor point out to, can just “BE”.

After ego death you don't really name label what you are, you know were well what you are, it is ego job to look for labels of what it is , is not trough experience. Eyes see, if you will lose them you will not  see. Don't underestimate understanding, it is reason why you got where you are.

In a non-dual consciousness, the ego getting bigger or smaller is a pointless distinction. It's all one, there's no ego. Yet only when you are in a state of that kind you can see it.

Sure , it is all identification of some sort, just trying to figure  out how it works. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

4 minutes ago, PureRogueQ said:

After ego death you don't really name label what you are, you know were well what you are, it is ego job to look for labels of what it is , is not trough experience. Eyes see, if you will lose them you will not  see. Don't underestimate understanding, it is reason why you got where you are.

There is no going or coming back. You are already where you are and what you are as always been. There is no eyes. Rest is a thought process. Such as 

1 hour ago, PureRogueQ said:

Interesting, because after ego death your I becomes way larger then before

As you can see, you are 

7 minutes ago, PureRogueQ said:

fter ego death you don't really name label what you are, you know were well what you are, it is ego job to look for labels of what it is , is not trough experience

Still naming and labeling. 

speaking for myself,  my ego still alive and well. I just try to keep an honest eye on it and leave it be. That's the best most of us can do and that's just fine. : )

12 minutes ago, James123 said:

There is no going or coming back. You are already where you are and what you are as always been. There is no eyes. Rest is a thought process. Such as 

As you can see, you are 

Still naming and labeling. 

I understand what you mean ,but  will disagree, you are still human, what you are doing now is trying to disapprove fact that if you as human will lose eyes, you won't see , just because you changed your mind to a point where it might look like it is not the case , does not make it true. You can change your experience in most bizarre ways.

Edited by PureRogueQ

To add to that of feeling the present raw sensations I think it's useful to keep in mind that you can simplify/transform complex thoughts and emotions into their respective core sensations and so one can come to enjoy the thought process/emotions themselves in a flow state type way(or whatever you think is the supreme enlightened action) including and not limited to complex individual and collective psychic type "delusions" and feelings. Useful as to not demonize complex/intricate thought as only "evil" and ego(demonization is good too) and instead try to integrate it in a more tantric/sexual pleasurable/stable/safe way except applied to complex thoughts/delusion and even mental illness/ego.

1 hour ago, PureRogueQ said:

I understand what you mean ,but  will disagree, you are still human, what you are doing now is trying to disapprove fact that if you as human will lose eyes, you won't see , just because you changed your mind to a point where it might look like it is not the case , does not make it true. You can change your experience in most bizarre ways.

Who told you that you are human? Is it them directly being conscious of it or something that they have learned? If you never learned that you are born, can you be born? 

1 hour ago, neovox said:

speaking for myself,  my ego still alive and well. I just try to keep an honest eye on it and leave it be. That's the best most of us can do and that's just fine. : )

Whatever makes you happy. However, ego is like a roller coaster. Specially at bad times, becomes so vulnerable. Operating from ego is suffering. But whatever makes you happy.   

29 minutes ago, James123 said:

Whatever makes you happy. However, ego is like a roller coaster. Specially at bad times, becomes so vulnerable. Operating from ego is suffering. But whatever makes you happy.

It doesn't make me happy to operate from my ego, but a accept its presence and keep an active observation on it, and make peace with what is. It takes an extremely rare and exceptional individual to accomplish permenent ego dissolution. Many talk the talk, very, very few walk it. 

Ego can be a trouble maker no doubt. It needs astute observation and awareness on it so as to keep it operating healthy. But Its important to realize that our egos aren't to be demonized.. Nature didn't design egos in people that shouldn't be there..  God sees fit that most of us have varying degrees of ego.  You don't want to demonizes or deny ego. Just pay attention to it function and behavior and operations. Be familiar with it and your awareness will naturally dissolve your ego when you're  mature and ready.. Ego can be a trouble maker if left unchecked, but its not to be  perceived as negative or unwanted prematurely. Treat it like an unruly young boy. With plenty of attention and help it to grow healthy.

Edited by neovox

14 minutes ago, neovox said:

It takes an extremely rare and exceptional individual to accomplish permenent ego dissolution.

It takes to let go. Try to do is hard but not doing is easy.

15 minutes ago, neovox said:

But Its important to realize that our egos aren't to be demonized.. Nature didn't design egos in people that shouldn't be there

It is not. You think it is, thats why is.

16 minutes ago, neovox said:

God sees fit that most of us have varying degrees of ego.  You don't want to demonizes or deny ego. Just pay attention to it function and behavior and operations. Be familiar with it and your awareness will naturally dissolve your ego when you're  mature and ready..

Thinking, evaluating or understanding never dissolve the ego, only love everything as you and let go does it. 

18 minutes ago, neovox said:

.. Ego can be a trouble maker if left unchecked, but its not to be  perceived as negative or unwanted prematurely.

From this perspective, ego can take control of you easily, because you made it as something real or powerful, instead of thought process. Just love everything as it in any situation. Easier. 

1 minute ago, James123 said:

Thinking, evaluating or understanding never dissolve the ego, only love everything as you and let go does it. 

??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

6 hours ago, PureRogueQ said:

Sure , it is all identification of some sort, just trying to figure  out how it works. 

have an out of body experience then look at yourself, are the eyes needed

@neovox The ego loves a journey. Something to seek, something to achieve. The search for Enlightenment is a perfect thing for ego to get stuck to. 

When you drop the concept of it, as you so describe and focus more on the beauty of the present moment, peace and freedom arise. 

When we accomplish a goal we feel good, right? It's because the seeking has come to an end, but will quickly be replaced by something else.  You cannot accomplish Enlightenment however, you just see more clearly. 

There are so many views and opinions as to this journey of seeking the Truth but really it's not anything, just a recognition. It is experienced experientially rather than achieved through thought, however. 

Keeping peeling back the layers of the onion, experientially, and you will most probably arrive at a realisation. The bullshit you describe is in fact the process that cannot be described. It cannot be found by "working hard" on xyz. Only you know when you have found it, as you no longer need to seek anymore. 

My one tip is follow your intuition, your gut, and not your mind. 

Edited by Surfingthewave