Revolutionary Think

Tony Robbins got a lot of problems

52 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

He literally gaslights women and calls them wh*res and b*tches, stop excusing his behaviour, jeez. 

Actually this is not true. His way of insulting might sound crude but he applies this to people to make them aware of their issues and rise out of it. 

He has also done a lot of good work with weak people. His good work outweighs his bad big time. 

He is very passionate about his work, although in a more raw stage Orange style. 

But guess what? 

When I was deeply suicidal, as much as I keep trumpeting Stage Green values, it was his Stage Orange advice that jolted me back into survival, he helped me tremendously to get over my suicidal feelings. Nobody could have rescued me more than him. 

Tony Robbins is extremely manipulative but he uses his manipulative skills for good reasons. This is seen in this video where he uses insults and domination to get the guy to stop focusing on negative thoughts. 

This is the video where he consoles a suicidal man and literally drags him out of his misery  right in front of the public. This takes massive courage. 

All I can say he got the balls to do what motivational 

His eye contact alone can cure you. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Actually this is not true. His way of insulting might sound crude but he applies this to people to make them aware of their issues and rise out of it. 

He has also done a lot of good work with weak people. His good work outweighs his bad big time. 

He is very passionate about his work, although in a more raw stage Orange style. 

But guess what? 

When I was deeply suicidal, as much as I keep trumpeting Stage Green values, it was his Stage Orange advice that jolted me back into survival, he helped me tremendously to get over my suicidal feelings. Nobody could have rescued me more than him. 

Tony Robbins is extremely manipulative but he uses his manipulative skills for good reasons. This is seen in this video where he uses insults and domination to get the guy to stop focusing on negative thoughts. 

This is the video where he consoles a suicidal man and literally drags him out of his misery  right in front of the public. This takes massive courage. 

All I can say he got the balls to do what motivational 

His eye contact alone can cure you. 

Look, Im glad youre not suicidal anymore, and Im sure he can be helpful sometimes but if you cant see how toxic it is I cant help you. He literally told a woman to go back to her serial cheater because "Italian men sleep around, deep inside he loves you!" Thats gaslighting 101 and its sad. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I can understand that the metoo movement is after men who have committed crimes against women. 

It's quite fair to go after someone like Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew and Harvey Weinstein  cancel them because it's well deserved 

But in the case of Tony Robbins they are trying to crucify him over a bunch of comments. That's not serious at all. 

I don't think it's fair to destroy the magnitude of his work and impact simply because he had a few moments of poor judgment. 

I mean how can anyone be 100% perfect in the public view. 

By the logic that stage Green feminists use in canceling the careers of men, they will need to cancel nearly every single person out there over a bunch of stupid comments. 

It's not fair to do that either. People can make transgressions. These are not crimes. 

I didn't watch the whole video. But I saw a video of Tony recently and found him quite appreciate and generous in his own unique way. I think those are things many people can have much benefit from when watching him. A lot of people here too can learn lots from that. No need to bring him all down because he's spewing some bullshit here and there, which approximately every one here does too. If someone is quite nice, but has a couple shitty things, that person can get brought down all the way to the level of trash lol, that's not very sensible.

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

He literally told a woman to go back to her serial cheater because "Italian men sleep around, deep inside he loves you!" Thats gaslighting 101 and its sad. 

Because he has this old mindset where it was okay for men to have mistresses. 

I guess that comes with a certain cultural territory of a patriarchal mindset 

It will take a long time to wipe that out. He is not a single offender. 

However it's not like the women don't know what is wrong or right. 

I mean if my bf was cheating on me and if Tony Robbins told me to put up with it, I won't listen to him and use my own discretion. 

Lets not act like we are so naive. He is defending his general male bias. He is not perfect 

What these females are doing is find every way to somehow trap him in a moment of poor discretion and use it against him 

He definitely needs a change of attitude but consider also that he did not grow up in the internet generation of political correctness. 

He is an old guy with an old mindset just like some racists have. 

But that's okay. Nobody should have to lose their career unless they committed a horrible crime. 

Just now, Preety_India said:

Because he has this old mindset where it was okay for men to have mistresses. 

I guess that comes with a certain cultural territory of a patriarchal mindset 

It will take a long time to wipe that out. He is not a single offender. 

However it's not like the women don't know what is wrong or right. 

I mean if my bf was cheating on me and if Tony Robbins told me to put up with it, I won't listen to him and use my own discretion. 

Lets not act like we are so naive. He is defending his general male bias. He is not perfect 

What these females are doing is find every way to somehow trap him in a moment of poor discretion and use it against him 

He definitely needs a change of attitude but consider also that he did not grow up in the internet generation of political correctness. 

He is an old guy with an old mindset just like some racists have. 

But that's okay. Nobody should have to lose their career unless they committed a horrible crime. 

Thank you! Now we actually agree. I just thought his actions had been too downplayed in this thread. He definitely has a sort of 80s macho mindset ingrained in him.

People are not all bad or all good. They are a mix.

Tony has put out some excellent stage orange material for personal empowerment, goal setting, life purpose, motivation etc. Yet he has also dwelled in some shady stage orange areas as well. 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:18 PM, Rilles said:

Wow! Second half of video... Hes so abusive! Yuck! I will never look at Tony Robbins the same again. 

This is all pre 5-meo Tony ;) 

Edited by fridjonk
meant pre-Tony

28 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

People are not all bad or all good. They are a mix.

Tony has put out some excellent stage orange material for personal empowerment, goal setting, life purpose, motivation etc. Yet he has also dwelled in some shady stage orange areas as well. 

Yes, and we should hold them accountable where they go astray, we want people to be as conscious as they can be am I right? ;)

I deeply understand that trauma can have an impact on a person that causes them to take it out on others in very subtle ways. My guess is that Tony grew up too fast and didnt properly deal with his demons. Alcoholism and abuse is not something to just shrug off after all.

@fridjonk LOL! 

Edited by Rilles

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Yes, and we should hold them accountable where they go astray, we want people to be as conscious as they can be am I right? ;)

Exactly this is what disgusts me so much about a culture that's all based on views, subscribers, and clout. Accountability flies out the window. 

10 minutes ago, Revolutionary Think said:

Exactly this is what disgusts me so much about a culture that's all based on views, subscribers, and clout. Accountability flies out the window. 

Probably because we form idols and heroes out of people, especially ones that have influenced us alot, its harder to see something negative in someone you really like. When someone criticizes Leo I do admit I feel a certain tension in my chest... xD "How dare they!"

Dont forget Tony is one of the biggest self-help gurus out there and his charisma is huge! He really seems like a gentle giant! Huge smile! This video really shocked me to be honest.

From what I saw - I don't like him, I don't think that way of teaching helps people at all.  I think it makes it worse.  I'm glad to hear he no longer teaches like that anymore.  Few things are as messed up as trying to force your opinion on another person without questioning it and thinking that they have to take it.  I think that people who want to teach/instruct others generally have underlying issues to be quite frank.  You're already putting yourself in a position that you think you know better than the other person.  I think people with issues with power and control like to gravitate towards these professions.  Just my 2c.

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

When someone criticizes Leo I do admit I feel a certain tension in my chest

Everyone is fallible especially Leo lol. Seriously though he's in a learning process just like we are. 

49 minutes ago, Loba said:

From what I saw - I don't like him, I don't think that way of teaching helps people at all.  I think it makes it worse.  I'm glad to hear he no longer teaches like that anymore.  Few things are as messed up as trying to force your opinion on another person without questioning it and thinking that they have to take it.  I think that people who want to teach/instruct others generally have underlying issues to be quite frank.  You're already putting yourself in a position that you think you know better than the other person.  I think people with issues with power and control like to gravitate towards these professions.  Just my 2c.

Sounds reasonable. Teachers may get some auditing scientology style to face their shadows.

Where is the cancel culture when you need it?

@Epikur I don't think cancel culture works, either.  Then you just have mobs of angry people trying to enact justice on another and that doesn't often work.  Maybe there just needs to be a chain of teachers?  That all teachers should consider themselves students, even among students.

Edited by Loba

7 minutes ago, Loba said:

@Epikur I don't think cancel culture works, either.  Then you just have mobs of angry people trying to enact justice on another and that doesn't often work.  Maybe there just needs to be a chain of teachers?  That all teachers should consider themselves students, even among students.

I guess cancel culture works partly we are just not that evolved. Later on we will cancel for future thought crimes like in minority report or AI will cancel us. Reminds me of cancer that cancels bodies.

6 minutes ago, Epikur said:

I guess cancel culture works partly we are just not that evolved. Later on we will cancel for future thought crimes like in minority report or AI will cancel us. Reminds me of cancer that cancels bodies.

I don't feel that way at all pertaining to cancer in the body.  Little children get cancer, it isn't a good comparison imo.
As far as future thought crimes or using AI, if such a thing exists then it would take into account the entire chain of thought and events - this would have to be put into the system.  The only thing that would stop it is if people interfered with the AI being able to make an accurate judgement.

@Epikur

3 hours ago, Epikur said:

what you're describing is similar to this thought experiment:

Back on topic, I've used Tony Robbin's material, and to me it's like coffee, it's strong to get used to, but over time I've gotten used to it and it benefited me, until later in the future I've realized I was just using sugar and milk to mask the black coffee flavor, along with outgrowing coffee generally speaking. The gal doing the video on Tony, giving this critic, I can't help but feel it's wrong in a strange way, like she's had badly made coffee, and now thinks all coffee is this bad, and now has a channel purposed with making money out of focusing on bad coffee...it's suspicious to me. In the end, people are animals and flawed in some degrees, it's worth remembering, in case you find out how human a Guru is.

What I find interesting is the screaming, yelling, clapping, etc.  This is actually energy work and moves people to a high energy state.  Doing it in a large group amplifies the effect, which quickly wears off after the seminar.  I went to a Pentecostal meeting once, and a person stood up and started speaking from the holy spirit.  Then all hell broke loose and people were screaming, crying, and moving energetically with some crawling on the floor and foaming  at the mouth.  You could also reach this with Osho’s Dynamic meditation.  Ernest Angley would work up crowds like this and claim to heal people.  This is group hypnosis led by a charismatic speaker.  These techniques can be traced back in America culture to the 1800s.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.