Revolutionary Think

Tony Robbins got a lot of problems

52 posts in this topic

Let's not overlook his vast legacy of motivational work in the self help industry. 

He is the OG of motivational speaking. 

I'm aware he got some questionable views and some narcissistic tendencies as well

But my question, which self help guru is perfect? 

They are humans as much as we are and subject to same human frailties as anyone else. 

This is why self help gurus shouldn't be held to sainthood standards 

It's okay to criticize but these people don't need to be cancelled over things they did. 

The best strategy is to take something good from every teacher and leave out the bad and not worship or idolize them. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

hey are humans as much as we are and subject to same human frailties as anyone else. 

Ya but, we're talking about blatant sexual assault and gas lighting. It's one thing to not clean your room or forget to tip your waiter and a whole other thing to gas light people and use power imbalances against them. 

Just now, Revolutionary Think said:

Ya but, we're talking about blatant sexual assault and gas lighting. It's one thing to not clean your room or forget to tip your waiter and a whole other thing to gas light people and use power imbalances against them. 

He is not perfect. That's all.. He got flaws. 

But I would rather focus on his years of hard work in this industry. 

His books and speeches single handedly helped me in times of my deep depression when no other material or book or teacher could provide me comfort. 

He was always on point and he had the capacity of understanding deeper issues of the human psyche. His delivery of his message was succinct, powerful and stimulating. 

He has written several books, much of his material is radical in the field of motivation and self help. 

Lets not forget all  that for one flaw. 

@Revolutionary Think you got to focus on the fact that millions of people have benefitted from Tony Robbins work. 

Lets not let all of that be overshadowed by some of the stupid things he did. 

The guy never appealed to me. I care about integrity, humility, love, and wisdom. Not to discredit any insights he has given to others. There is no universal guru. Well, maybe a very small few...but not Tony Robbins 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Didn't Leo say that Tom was the one who got him into self improvement? Even if he has flaws doesn't change the fact that he can inspire and help others.

Tony is geared toward stage Orange people. If you are just entering stage Orange then you will love Tony and he will be useful to you.

But once you outgrow that, you should move on.

Tony was useful to me in my stage Orange phase 12 years ago.

Always remember, the most popular teachers are never the best. And he is the most popular. So that should tell you everything you need to know before you even buy his stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Tony's work had been great for me when I was 14 yo. I totally loved the story about Soichiro Honda and other stuff from his "Awaken the Giant Within" book.

Take this as a lesson, never get your information or build your worldview from only one person, everybody has there skeletons especially if you get successful in Tony's case yea he has in own problems but his work has helped millions of people.

I love Tony Robbins. For someone to produce so much content and dedicate his life to service of others is incredible. Much love to the man. 

U 2 Leo haha

Edited by Ya know

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Tony is geared toward stage Orange people.

Stage Orange is always known for being insatiable when it comes to material things 

Wow! Second half of video... Hes so abusive! Yuck! I will never look at Tony Robbins the same again. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I started with Tony Robbins as well as the main Self-Help expert 10 years ago. I even have his book til today 'Awaken the Giant Within'. But I dont touch it for many years. I havent finished reading it as well. Thats why after knowing he's on the Stage Orange from Leo a couple of years ago it make sense.

If the segment about his issues with women are true, then its his trauma from his abusive mother.

Edited by Recress

1 hour ago, Recress said:

If the segment about his issues with women are true, then its his trauma from his abusive mother.

I'll have to look into that. 

I wouldn't say that Tony is the best coach, or flawfless or whatever.

But I'm sure his career has been an overall net positive for many. He is good at getting people out of their victim mindset and taking responsibility.

She seems a little condescending. Her knowledge about relationship issues seems very biased and from a quick glance over her channel she seems to be all about exposing and shaming people.

Wouldn't be surprised if she makes an actualized.org cult exposing video next.

But yeah, even with his trauma, like other said he is not perfect. And dont take for granted for what he has contributed to the world! I still use his Daily Magic audiobooks every morning I wake up. His classics are still relevant today and will keep it at that until I change my morning rituals for the better.

8 hours ago, Revolutionary Think said:

I'll have to look into that. 

@Revolutionary Think He shared it on the early chapters of his book. Actually, if you watched the video, the girl also explained and shown some pictures. Alcoholic mother of 3 children, he was the eldest. He became a people pleaser at a young age just because of his alcoholic mother, he was also the protector of his younger siblings. He's finding ways to make it to the top. His public speaking skills got known in one of his school recitation, thats where he found his spark and put it all together. He started reading so many books about psychology and the human mind until he has a brain tumor which he doesnt want to accept and prove how powerful the mind is. It worked, he lived and the tumor disappeared. Thats more reason for him to believe that he is on the right path. His classics books and audio books still stands today and I'd say he's a great leader on Stage Orange and I might revisit his other books if needed.

Now, in regards to his issues with women, he didnt have that issue with Sage(?) I dont know how they met though so I cannot say for sure. But one thing for sure is that it may be his shadow. I've watched his documentary 'I am your Guru' before and the last segment he said that he believe on something that cannot be seen, a greater force than us, all we have to do is find the kind of passionate life we want out of this world. It was truly inspiring. Say, just take want resonates with you and move on. There are so many speakers out there today than we have 10 years ago.

YouTubers like this always exist, if you completed Leo's video about Spiral Dynamics, you would know. Also, there are also other people out there who put content against Leo. Depending on what Stages they are, its natural that they do what they do.

He literally gaslights women and calls them wh*res and b*tches, stop excusing his behaviour, jeez. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

He literally gaslights women and calls them wh*res and b*tches, stop excusing his behaviour, jeez. 

To be fair, he also does it to men.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.