Someone here

What is peace?

43 posts in this topic

One way to peace is getting into a mindset of not giving a sh*t. Anxiety happens because you care about the outcome of your own performance. It's a deep love of thought forms and self preservation. But it's much more peaceful to love the here and now deeply, and use your intuition and wits and confidence to lead you. (To sort of paraphrase what @Leo Gura said).

All stories and explanations are false.

15 hours ago, Someone here said:

And what if it's soo bad that you can not surrender? 

Then you will not be at peace.

Trust me, if the pain gets high enough you will automatically surrender. Extreme pain actually destroys the ego. Pain is actually something that ego creates, so when the pain gets too high the ego cannot keep creating it any more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Trust me, if the pain gets high enough you will automatically surrender. Extreme pain actually destroys the ego. Pain is actually something that ego creates, so when the pain gets too high the ego cannot keep creating it any more.

Is this how this monk was able to self immolate in protest of the Vietnam war, because he did enough consciousness work to destroy his ego to the point where he could burn to death without flinching?

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy Of course

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@Roy Of course

That's incredible, you know it's actually learning about that story of the monk that finally put the nail in the coffin and exposed the limitations of my previous materialist/scientific worldview some handful of years ago. I always had a general sense that there was "something more" to life and that although I simply couldn't understand it at that time, my intuition was pulling me towards opening my mind no matter what.

Do you still recall your first significant moment like that?

hrhrhtewgfegege

Peace is only created when you are detached from your ego. Its because of your ego, you are not at peace but in anxiety and worry. I think the more people are detached from their ego, the more peace they experience.

@Roy @Leo Gura Ironically he burned him self alive for peace. 

Protesting vietnam war. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

55 minutes ago, integral said:

@Roy @Leo Gura Ironically he burned him self alive for peace.

I don't see the irony.

It seems that in addition to total surrender peace comes from understanding.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This idea come to my mind ones in a while. If i imagine the worst pain possible the surrender feels inevitable.

ironically the worst suffering is the fear of the suffering

The burning monk thing does not necessarily have anything to do with peace of mind. It's similar to a radical terrorist taking a drug and then blowing himself up. The difference is that the former is done consciously, while the latter rather unconsciously. Normal people who know nothing about enlightenment or consciousness work have been protesting and doing hunger strikes for decades, maybe centuries, regardless of consequences. This does not automatically make them egoless.

Only two can play the death game: A human full of ego, and another devoid of any.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

21 hours ago, Nahm said:

You might find that you have been focused primarily on what you don’t want, or on avoiding what you don’t want...in that case write a list of everything you know you don’t want...and then write the opposite, and put that list on your dreamboard, and focus on that. By focus I mean feel it already being the case. Completely leave rational collective thinking which is rooted in causation, doing, actions, etc, and fantasize, dream of the life you most desire, and experience it ‘in the flesh’. Also, consider some focus on helping others, on spreading the message. Imagine the power of this as all of us co-create wanted together, with source, as source. That’s kinda the ‘big’ idea here, the inherent could-be-no-other-way ‘design’.

This appearance is vibrational. That is what emotions are. To ‘unclog’, express. Allow the vibration ‘through’, so to speak. If for example, you find yourself focusing on thoughts about yourself which do not resonate, like fear, unworthiness, etc... shift focus to what you want to create, be, have, do and experience. You will feel relief and a great Hell Yes from the source within you - The Creator...creating...creation. 

I made a dreamboard. And I achieved every item on the list.... Still feeling unfulfilled and mild Depression. 

Also I don't think it's possible to 100 % avoid "what you don't want". 

Anyways thank for the  advice. Appreciate it. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I agree. 

A tangent question tho.prob asked many times before lol but.... .. Why does pain even exist? If God is all powerful and all good.. Why create suffering???

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

27 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I made a dreamboard. And I achieved every item on the list.... Still feeling unfulfilled and mild Depression. 

To do lists are for pads of paper. Dreamboard is manifestation. Have a look at the emotional scale... 

LOA-Emotional-Scale.png

The unfulfilled / mild depression is emotion created by thoughts about oneself (inward orientation), in the bottom grey & black bars. To relieve yourself of those emotions, express jealousy (outward orientation). Write anything that naturally comes to mind that you see anyone creating, having, doing, being, etc, on your board. As the infinite creator, you’ll never run out of what you desire to create & experience. In the same way a health issue gets ‘louder’ until it’s listened to, the dream for your life gets bigger and also ‘louder’. When you are depressed or bored, there is dream within you to be put on the board. When you feel contentious or ‘against the grain’, there is belief to release, see through, and let go of. 

I would consider a daily morning meditation of feeling your ‘inner being’, and shifting from the conceptual existential to the actuality that you are creating your reality. You’ll start realizing intuition, and the simplest and most ordinary & mundane of creation and life starts getting incredibly fun. You inevitably won’t be able to even remember what depression, boredom, restlessness or being unfulfilled felt like, from practicing the rest of the way up the scale from jealousy. You’ll have more you want to create, and more insights to accompany it, than you’ll have time for in this lifetime. Don’t skip any bars when you use the scale. It’s not about cognitively understanding it, it’s about expressing each emotion. Understanding is the byproduct. 

Also I don't think it's possible to 100 % avoid "what you don't want". 

It is entirely possibly to focus only on what you do want, and to receive it / manifest it ‘in the flesh’. This is inspiration (conscious creating / well being / flow state / stream entry, rather than motivation (avoidance of what you don’t want). Experiencing, realizing preferences, and creating & experiencing what you prefer is the whole design, the point, what makes life worthwhile. 

Anyways thank for the  advice. Appreciate it. 

Anytime. Much love for you. Always appreciating your input. ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't see the irony.

The monk was posted here as an example of someone who is at peace.

He then burned himself for peace protesting the Vietnam war. 

Its a funny connection, not sure its irony or not, maybe im using the word incorrectly or just complete missing something. 

Positive Irony. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

oh I'll spout something out, for fun.  Can't tell you where to find peace, but IME, when there is peace, I am not at peace.  I am peace, if anything.  Its not sitting there somewhere in front of me, just out of reach, and unable to understand why I can't reach out and grab it. Its already here. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

please check out this article to learn more about "calming the storm" and finding inner peace.  Jesus was one cool allegorical dude. (don't have to take the article seriously, just extract the golden nuggets) 
https://www.spiritofthescripture.com/id3421-jesus-calms-the-storm-the-inner-christ-arises.html#more-3421

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

37 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

oh I'll spout something out, for fun.  Can't tell you where to find peace, but IME, when there is peace, I am not at peace.  I am peace, if anything.  Its not sitting there somewhere in front of me, just out of reach, and unable to understand why I can't reach out and grab it. Its already here. 

Yep, a cosmic joke :D

Simple breathing meditation for an hour every morning will merge the apparent distance between peace and 'you' (sooner or later).

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Peace is harmony, the absence of conflict. Ego/separation is necessarily in conflict with the truth/oneness/happiness. Ego seeks it but doesn't let itself have it. 

Conflict is when apposing forces are grinding against each other. Peace is achieved by lovingly integrating the forces into a harmonious whole. When those forces no longer are grinding against each other in you mind you will be happier.

Talk you your anxiety, maybe it's trying to tell you that you that it wants you to handle some aspect of your life better.

If you are detached you can create some distance between you and the conflict. Work on both detachment and conflict resolution.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

On 3/14/2021 at 8:29 AM, integral said:

The monk was posted here as an example of someone who is at peace.

He then burned himself for peace protesting the Vietnam war. 

I’m sorry, but I don’t buy the Monk found piece and then burned himself to death to protest the Vietnam war.  Anyone that has found absolute peace would also know that this reality is just a dream and an illusion, and that burning yourself up, IMHO, is an extreme unconscious Ego act that does not embody or epitomise “Peace”.

In my opinion, “Peace” can only be attained within the unconditional acceptance of “isness” and “beingness”. 

Just sharing a few thoughts, ideas and beliefs.