Holygrail

I don't know if I can even trust my own mother anymore....

23 posts in this topic

I used to believe everything real was NOW. So I also dismissed stories from the past. Adhyashanti said if he was being real, when asked the question how did you experience the conference, he would have to say the conference IS. But as you live storytelling is something of a useful skill when interacting with your fellow human beings, so I'd say (and he would say) you eventually train yourself to produce stories again.

5 hours ago, Holygrail said:

When I ask my mom how her day at work went, and she tells my a story of all the things she experienced at work, I know that none of that actually happened.

Perhaps change the narrative from "none of that actually happened" to "that is an interesting story and I'd like to hear more".

5 hours ago, Holygrail said:

It really makes you realize that you're really just it.

What's the "it" that makes you realize that you're really just it? And how do you distinguish between a thought about the past and a random thought about nothing in particular like a pink elephant with three eyes jumping on one leg?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey