vinc3nc

"My 5 MeO DMT experience" (Adeptus Psychonautica doesn't get it)

83 posts in this topic

An example of how even 5-meo might not be enough to attain realization...

Posted (edited)

Reading Ken Wilber recently I was struck by his view that your baseline level of consciousness and level of development (among other factors) determines how you interpret peak experiences. So if someone with a stage green view of the world (which I assume is the case for Adeptus, though I don't know his work well enough to be sure) has an experience of a higher state, then it doesnt matter what kind of psychedelic he takes, he will still view the experience through a stage green lens. Likewise for people at other levels.

Edited by eggopm3

Metaphysical and epsitemic contemplation is required to make psychedelics fully flower.

A big trip without intense sense-making effort is sort of a waste. The point is to use the psychedelic experience to clean up your sense-making. Otherwise you drop out the high state and right back into your old sense-making paradigm.

But with all that said, Adeptus still got a very profound awakening experience. He just needs to do more sense-making work with it in the future. What he's describing is Godhead/Infinity.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Metaphysical and epistemic contemplation is required to make psychedelics fully flower.

I always thought "Psychedelics don't work on stupid people" was more of a metaphor than an  actually accurate description.

But why is that, even with 5-MeO?

I'd get it with mushrooms or acid, when people say "ok reality is kinda changing and trees are breathing, no biggie"  but getting blasted into god consciousness and still not seeing it? Damn...

My question is: if these realizations are outside of conceptual understanding anyway, then why would contemplation of any sort be required to understand these states of consciousness? Why aren't they self-explaining/obvious? 

Edited by Tim R

"Love is all that I can give to you ❤ Love is more than just a game for two!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JErVP6xLZwg 

31 minutes ago, Tim R said:

I always thought "Psychedelics don't work on stupid people" was more of a metaphor than an  actually accurate description.

But why is that, even with 5-MeO?

I'd get it with mushrooms or acid, when people say "ok reality is kinda changing and trees are breathing, no biggie"  but getting blasted into god consciousness and still not seeing it? Damn...

First of all, psychedelics affect people very differently. Just because it's a crazy strong trip does not mean you'll really grok it.

Secondly, most people are not serious about sense-making or epistemology. This creates a serious bottleneck for understanding one's deepest trips. The trip is so outside of conventional epistemology and metaphysics that it's virtually impossible to make sense of it for most people -- unless they've done years of deep work with epistemology and metaphysics.

My question is: if these realizations are outside of conceptual understanding anyway, then why would contemplation of any sort be required to understand these states of consciousness? Why aren't they self-explaining/obvious? 

It is not strictly required. Just highly helpful because your trip will end and you will drop in state and you will back to living ordinary life. The contemplation is mostly helpful for changing your ordinary life, so you see ordinary life more deeply. Otherwise you trips comes and goes like a dream, and you have little to show for it.

High states of consciousness ARE self-explanatory, but once you lose that state, you will be left with nothing.

For me, contemplation, metaphysics, and epistemology are all perfectly intertwined such that when I understand a thing with my mind it also perfectly synches with the self-explanatory nature of high state of consciousness. The two feed each other and lead to crazy powerful insights about all domains of life.

For example, wouldn't you like to know why war happens? Why orgasm happens? What causes fear? What causes suffering? If yes, then you will need some contemplation to understand that. Experiencing an orgasm is not the same thing as existentially understanding the nature of orgasm. Every fool as experienced an orgasm, but almost no one knows the significance of what it is and why it is. Like, why does consciousness have orgasms? What is an orgasm from the POV of Absolute Consciousness?

I actually think he does a good job considering that it is impossible to put into words. 

I think he does a good job of describing it too. Contact high listening to it.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

. Like, why does consciousness have orgasms? What is an orgasm from the POV of Absolute Consciousness?

@Leo Gura Care to explain briefly? 🤔

A thought can´t ever tell you how you feel.

I thought it was a good video. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

"There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see."

Posted (edited)

He clearly doesnt have enough words. "Erm... vast... Emm... But very personal" Its like he is skirting around to avoid sounding like Leo. He clearly means infinite consciousness.  xD He seems to have a very dense ego, maybe he needs a 30-day 5-meo retreat. :D

Edited by Rilles

I think he wants to avoid sounding cliche and tries to find his own words to describe his experience rather than using whatever words someone else is using. Nothing to do with how dense his ego is.

Looks to me that he knows deep down exactly what that was, you can tell by his body language and the way he’s expressing himself. He knows where he went and what that was, he’s just unwilling to accept it. Seems as though he’s got a very strong ego that is doing everything in its power to avoid the absolute truth. That was quite interesting to say the least to watch. It’s almost impossible not to see the fears of his ego expressing itself. For a short 15 minute video I think a lot can be learned about the sneaky nature of ego from that.  Just my personal opinion

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Dazgwny said:

Seems as though he’s got a very strong ego that is doing everything in its power to avoid the absolute truth.

3 hours ago, vladorion said:

Nothing to do with how dense his ego is.

@Rilles @Dazgwny I think we cannot know what is going on inside of him. From my perspective he has just different style and has very humble approach to it wich indicates to me he doesnt have that dense ego i think quite an opposite.

Edited by AdamR95

On 12.3.2021 at 2:13 AM, Leo Gura said:

A big trip without intense sense-making effort is sort of a waste. The point is to use the psychedelic experience to clean up your sense-making. Otherwise you drop out the high state and right back into your old sense-making paradigm.

Daniel-Schmachtenberger.jpg

*laughs in Systemic*

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

The dude made a video a while back asking people not to take it and then he takes it.  

He spends so much time telling people what not to do or criticizing others, pointing out their flaws and such.  
He think he might have been hurt in the past and hasn't healed from the wounds so he's projecting onto others.  

1 hour ago, AdamR95 said:

I think we cannot know what is going on inside of him. From my perspective he has just different style and has very humble approach to it wich indicates to me he doesnt have that dense ego i think quite an opposite.

I've only watched a few of his videos and read a few comments, but I can tell you that he's not a very high conscious person. From what I've seen, his channel is not about raising one's consciousness, or about self-improvement for that matter (nothing wrong about that.)

That said, he's definitely not the kind of person who's aware of his ego and how sneaky the ego is. He's shut himself off from the words "God" or "Infinity" because he doesn't want to sound like other people. And he doesn't want to be perceived as crazy. He's got to maintain this image for his fans. And the last thing he wants is to admit he's been wrong all along.

When you're so close-minded and you've not done any work on yourself, the trips won't have the same effect on you. They won't show you the things in the "right" way.

He's deeply asleep.

Posted (edited)

On 3/11/2021 at 10:53 PM, Leo Gura said:

I think he does a good job of describing it too. Contact high listening to it.

@Leo Gura 😂😂 Good one Leo!

Funny part is i bet your serious.

Edited by WhatAWondefulWorld

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, vinc3nc said:

When you're so close-minded and you've not done any work on yourself, the trips won't have the same effect on you.

@vinc3nc Open-mindedness can manifest as being carefull to jumping to conclusions. You can always be wrong. For me personaly being humble is better indicator of spiritual developement and open-mindedness then pushing your understanding to others and being extremely sure about yourself.

I think if you are honest to yourself then you must admit that everything you said here is belief based unless you are consciouss of the absolute right now but doubt it. But you act very confidently thats indicator of strong ego for me.

Edited by AdamR95

He does get it. He just is trying to express it in his own way and doesn’t want to use the same nomenclature and sound like Leo lol