AdamDiC

$69 Million Digital Art

19 posts in this topic

If you haven't already heard, NFT's are the new gold rush.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2021/03/11/digital-artist-beeple-sells-nft-art-for-69-million-in-christies-auction.html

Beeple just sold a piece for $69 Million at Christies. He has been making a piece of art everyday for 13 years, truly shows that creativity pays off.

And if you told him 13 years ago that his art would make him 8 figures he'd probably laugh in your face.

So if you're a Digital artist, or thinking about getting into it, now is your time.

Small artists are making bank everyday on websites like https://niftygateway.com.

Good luck!

Reminds me of People have spent over $1M buying virtual cats on the Ethereum blockchain

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Looks super crazy. 

What a ripoff! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Some people apparently still think art provides a lot less value, yet this is getting priced like crazy, and the creator is getting rewarded nicely.

I feel like I'm usually pretty good at understanding cutting-edge new technology, but I don't get NFTs or see the value. You could pay for it, or just take a screenshot of it, and get pretty much the same thing.

People are speculating that these will be highly sought-after in people's VR houses in a couple decades, but that's so far away. Plus how much other art will be made between now and then?

If you're an artist, it's probably worth trying to cash in on the craze though.

3 hours ago, Yarco said:

I feel like I'm usually pretty good at understanding cutting-edge new technology, but I don't get NFTs or see the value. You could pay for it, or just take a screenshot of it, and get pretty much the same thing.

You can also print the Mona Lisa and hang it on your wall. Or pay someone to paint it for you.

I think it has less to do with technology and more with the art market in general. I don't understand it either.

For some reason I don't see much difference between this and the gamestop situation.. 

Profiting on a trend. 

Who can't see that this is a get rich quick scheme? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Dutch Tulips 2.0

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As an avid Crypto addict, I would be VERY careful in this space. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Have you noticed that the people who are hugely into crypto are the most scammy, unethical, lying and manipulative people on the entire earth? That should say something

That’s so wild I was following his Instagram for a while and I saw him post something about it but didn’t understand until now. I can’t even imagine he’s just all of a sudden a millionaire. He’s chillin forever lol

It's definitely a bubble, but there's basically no risk from the artists perspective...

sounds more like some dumb bubble fad to me than a timeless piece that will be remembered and studied in art history classes. dunno if the artist even cares or not about this, he got his bag. 

I've noticed that there are a lot of weird art niches online where you can make some pretty decent money.  This is really... how lucky for him!  I could only dream of the same success. 

Don't invest in the virtual.
Focus on yourself.

?

I just read up on this and holy shit. Perhaps one of the best examples of late stage capitalism. Crypto investors with way too much money are now investing in pretend-scarce items for no other reason to sell them off to other crypto investors doing the same. If you just let this set in for a moment you will literally start laughing with embarrassment at the absolute tom foolery of this and the games people play.  

On 3/11/2021 at 4:31 PM, Danioover9000 said:

Some people apparently still think art provides a lot less value, yet this is getting priced like crazy, and the creator is getting rewarded nicely.

Are they though? I'm reading some about NFTs based on stolen artwork being sold. I'm wondering what started this bubble exactly. 

The one thing I will say, is look into things that will become valuable due to scarcity- 

Digital trading cards, unique Video game skins etc etc 

The world is going digital, and digital assets will become more and more valuable, but do be VERY careful in this space, however. there will only be more & more digital assets in the coming years

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

NFTs are wild. 

Literally Dutch Tulips 2.0 like Leo said.

It seems like these crazy opportunities of dumb luck get rich stuff is popping up more and more often. Crypto, Gamestop stocks, NFTs. What's next? 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.